The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1201
Original post by Molly_xox
How did you find the exams?

I did Paper 2 last year on the liberal reforms (definitely the hardest of the 3 choices imo, for me anyway) and thought it went meh, but ended up with full marks so that must have gone well haha. I'm not sure about Paper 1, but with 48/50 on my CA I worked out I needed the bare minimum for an A to get an A* overall and think (hope!!) I have done enough for that. How did you find them? :smile:
I'm awaiting the AQA Certificate boundaries to see whether everyone else messed up as badly as I did in Triple Science...

If those grade boundaries aren't low, I'm going to be SO annoyed! My school basically told us the whole time that they had no idea what the exams would be like but that the grade boundaries would be low so we'd do fine. :s-smilie:
Reply 1203

These appear to just show the UMS required for each grade, without the raw mark equivalents.
Reply 1204

They're just UMS marks they never change, they arent the raw mark grade boundaries :smile:
Original post by Cynical.
I did Paper 2 last year on the liberal reforms (definitely the hardest of the 3 choices imo, for me anyway) and thought it went meh, but ended up with full marks so that must have gone well haha. I'm not sure about Paper 1, but with 48/50 on my CA I worked out I needed the bare minimum for an A to get an A* overall and think (hope!!) I have done enough for that. How did you find them? :smile:

It was Liberal Reforms AGAIN this year and I was so upset because even though I revised all three topics in depth Liberal Reforms was my least favourite and I just hated the paper :frown: Paper 1 was okay, we'd been through some of the cartoons that came up in class :lol: We haven't been told our coursework marks due to moderation paranoia :s-smilie:
PDFs from OCR's website never work on my laptop, is that just me?? :s-smilie:
Original post by harrybithell196
That looks great so far! Cannot wait to see the finished product!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377038461.246863.jpg fini!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cynical.
These appear to just show the UMS required for each grade, without the raw mark equivalents.

Ooops, that is all I could find. They must not be posting the whole thing until later or something. Sorry.
Original post by SophieB1997
If those grade boundaries aren't low, I'm going to be SO annoyed! My school basically told us the whole time that they had no idea what the exams would be like but that the grade boundaries would be low so we'd do fine. :s-smilie:

I failed them so badly...we were told the Paper 2s would be like the old ISA papers! :mad:

I like that. Makes me wish I was good at art :frown:
Keep an eye on this thread for when the other exam boards publish grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 1212
I failed them so badly...we were told the Paper 2s would be like the old ISA papers! :mad:

The old AQA ISAs were easy :lol: :rofl: New ones are WAY harder :L

I actually thought they were better than I'd expected them to be but Chem Paper 2 was awful! My school had no idea what the Paper 2s would be like. My Bio, Chem and Physics teachers all said different things so I didn't know whether to revise just experiments or the entire course. :s-smilie:
Original post by techno836
The old AQA ISAs were easy :lol: :rofl: New ones are WAY harder :L

We don't do ISAs anymore :frown: the Paper 2s, as it turns out, were nothing like the old ISA papers!
Reply 1215
We don't do ISAs anymore :frown: the Paper 2s, as it turns out, were nothing like the old ISA papers!

I don't know the structure of yours but I can understand why you'd want them to be like the old ISAs :lol:

And it's nearly midnight best start moving over to grade boundary thread :ahee:
Original post by SophieB1997
I actually thought they were better than I'd expected them to be but Chem Paper 2 was awful! My school had no idea what the Paper 2s would be like. My Bio, Chem and Physics teachers all said different things so I didn't know whether to revise just experiments or the entire course. :s-smilie:

I KNOW! "Draw the structural formulae of ethyl ethanoate." ...erm, how about no? :mad: I can't think of any questions I got right in that exam :frown:

And the Biology 2 where about 60% of it was about penguins:confused:

On average they weren't too bad, but I hated the Physics papers.
Original post by techno836
I don't know the structure of yours but I can understand why you'd want them to be like the old ISAs :lol:

And it's nearly midnight best start moving over to grade boundary thread :ahee:

Where's the grade boundary thread sorry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
7 minutes! D:

Latest