The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Any other teetotallers going to birmingham?
Original post by LukeyJB
Occasional drinker here, not the freshers kind of person... drinking and getting completely smashed every night, no thanks!

This!
Reply 542
I don't drink but the problem is I want to go out and make friends and be sociable and I have no problems with who drink. But the freshers events listed in Aston FB page is mostly involves drinking. I don't know what to do, don't want to be the one sitting at halls all day during the week and while everyone is making friends and getting into groups :frown:
Anybody going to Nottingham?
Original post by Tackla
I don't drink but the problem is I want to go out and make friends and be sociable and I have no problems with who drink. But the freshers events listed in Aston FB page is mostly involves drinking. I don't know what to do, don't want to be the one sitting at halls all day during the week and while everyone is making friends and getting into groups :frown:

I'm sure there will be other people like you - you can't be the only one! Try to connect with people online before you go.. you might be able to arrange some alternative nights. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 545
Original post by Rayin
Hello, I'm going to Leeds uni and am definitely more of a tea drinker than an alcohol drinker. My drink limit is 2 drinks once a week (and then I start falling asleep, because I'm old) :biggrin:

Hi! I'm going Leeds too :smile: I don't drink alcohol at all :/ Worried about Freshers Week as it seems like its mainly about drinking. What you studying?
Reply 546
Apple juice here please :h:
Are any of you kindred-spirits going to King's College London?

I'm truly dreading Fresher's Week, what with not being a drinker and having never been to a club in my life (and don't wish to!) me thinks I'll end up hiding in my room thus becoming a recluse...

Oh woe is me! :sad:
Reply 548
I'm not a drinker. The thing that worries me isn't going to clubs, thats fine cos you can just not drink there. But what do you do when everyone on your floor is playing a communal drinking game?
Reply 549
Here's to this mighty thread! *raises glass of strawberry smoothie*

Ahem. Anyone off to Exeter?
Way too many club nights/pub crawls on my freshers list.

Alcohol is not my drug of choice at all. Not looking forward to freshers too much :frown:
Original post by Vonlenska
Way too many club nights/pub crawls on my freshers list.

Alcohol is not my drug of choice at all. Not looking forward to freshers too much :frown:

You could always stick to soft drinks. I doubt you'd be the only one who doesn't want to get smashed. I plan to do the same on the doctors and nurses pub crawl (that medical students seem to be so fond of) :redface:
Seeing this thread is a great relief! =) I'm actually a bit worried about freshers because of the amount of alcohol likely to be involved...:eek:

Anyone here off to Durham?
Reply 553
Original post by unknownvariable
Seeing this thread is a great relief! =) I'm actually a bit worried about freshers because of the amount of alcohol likely to be involved...:eek:

Durhamite here! I drink to relax a little but no more than that.. at least hopefully not!

Which college are you at?
Reply 554
Original post by unknownvariable

I'm Durham-bound. I don't drink due to health reasons, slightly worried about freshers too! I'd be happy to make friends I can hang around watching films with or chatting, bars and pubs are usually a bit noisy for me.

Original post by NJam
Durhamite here! I drink to relax a little but no more than that.. at least hopefully not!

Ooh, I didn't see that you'd posted before I had; hello, more Durham people! As for me, I'm going to be at Hild Bede.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 555
Original post by Sopih
I'm Durham-bound. I don't drink due to health reasons, slightly worried about freshers too! I'd be happy to make friends I can hang around watching films with or chatting, bars and pubs are usually a bit noisy for me.

Ooh, I didn't see that you'd posted before I had; hello, more Durham people! As for me, I'm going to be at Hild Bede.

Hey! Awesome, I'm at St. Johns :smile:
Original post by NJam

I'll be at St. Cuth's. =D
Original post by Sopih

Same reason for me. No drink is ever a good drink. Unless it's tiny. Sounds like a great alternative!
Reply 558
I'm quite worried about Freshers Week as I don't drink and on top of that I'm going to be commuting everyday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys was wondering if there were any non drinkers out there studying at aston university? I'm just scared that being a non drinker will make it more difficult for me to make friends

Quick Reply

Latest