The Student Room Group

Drinking games?

Outside of ring of fire, what are some fun drinking games that don't require much equipment?

Need to get to know my flatmates. What better way to get people talking? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by FlickerWick
Outside of ring of fire, what are some fun drinking games that don't require much equipment?

Need to get to know my flatmates. What better way to get people talking? :biggrin:

Ride the bus was a very common drinking game in our uni house last year. All you need is a standard set of playing cards.

:rolleyes:
Reply 2
Have you ever..

That's normally a great way to 'get to know eachother' aha :smile:
My friends and I have discussed turning Mau into a drinking game. Of course that means that the people who have never played will be hideously drunk and everyone else will be laughing at them, but ah well. Can't even remember the rules to Mau anymore.
Never have I ever, and the game where everyone has a sticker on their head with someone written on and you have to guess who you are using one yes or no question at a time. E.G. am I a girl? etc. If you get a no or guess wrong, you drink. Alternatively, there's a lot of games online and I'm sure your new friends will know a few of their own too :smile:
Reply 5
We just make them up as we go depending on what we have to hand and also how drunk people want to get. So for example, if somebody has a monopoly set we play as normal but every time you land on someone else properties you have a drink.
Ring of fire is the supreme ruler of all drinking games and you can't go wrong if your playing with a cool group of people. The first time you do it with new people is always fun just to see the differences in rules.
Reply 6
Original post by SilentIdea
Ride the bus was a very common drinking game in our uni house last year. All you need is a standard set of playing cards.

:rolleyes:

Just read up on this, seems like the dealer doesn't get to drink at all! What gives? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Just read up on this, seems like the dealer doesn't get to drink at all! What gives? :s-smilie:

Well the game lasts for roughly 15-20 mins I would say with ~5 people. We play numerous times as only one person gets to ride the bus each time so we just switch up the dealer. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Beer Pong!
Reply 9
Red or black.

Guess a card colour, if wrong drink. Then guess a suit, if wrong drink. Then say if its in or out (number within the 2 you have or out) if wrong drink. Then say a card, if wrong drink.

It goes to next person after each one even if they have to drink or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Its a funny game to play once you know how to make it so they always have to drink. Semi drunk people won't notice it at all (since sober people don't see it half the time)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kuroudo93
Beer Pong!

Lets just say there was a lot of projectile vomiting last year with this game! haha :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by SilentIdea
Lets just say there was a lot of projectile vomiting last year with this game! haha :biggrin:

People need to learn to aim :wink:
Reply 13
Where you sit round a table and tell the group something you haven't done but you think the others have, anybody who has takes a drink.
Reply 14
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Where you sit round a table and tell the group something you haven't done but you think the others have, anybody who has takes a drink.

Never have I ever, yer that's well a strange game sometimes. This also picks out well the truly fifty people from the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
The PPP Game!
(Prerequisite: Latin GCSE)
It goes clockwise around a circle of people. You have 1 second to state a Latin perfect passive participle (nominative masculine singular only). Repeating or failing to answer, you down a shot of vodka. Last person standing wins.

Simple and elegant test of Latin and drinking capacity :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Rock the boat, now thats fun. get a pitcher and fill it about 3/4 the way. put a half pint glass in the pitcher so it floats. Everyone has a drink of their choice and has to take it in turns to pour a little bit of their drink into the half pint glass. When enough liquid is in the half pint it sinks, the person who 'sank it' has to fish it out the pitcher and down it.
Reply 17
Original post by kumori
Never have I ever, yer that's well a strange game sometimes. This also picks out well the truly fifty people from the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

we changed the rules a bit but it was a good icebreaker :biggrin:

Centurion is perfect for this. It's not that challenging and it's not like you'll have much to do during the day in Freshers week.
the mario kart game

each have a pint/double mixer etc and start a game of mario kart
you have to finish your drink before the game is over but every time you drink you have to "pull over" and stop driving

the person who then comes last has to do a shot or jagerbomb or whatever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending