The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Only 36/60 for an A* in biology paper 3 . Stunned considering all the articles I 've seen about the science grade boundaries being high this year.
Reply 5961
Original post by NedSchool
but still

Well it wasn't going to stay the same when its out of 8 more marks, was it :biggrin:

English Language slightly down.
Reply 5962
Biology unit 3 tier h 36/60 is an a*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
German Listening - 29/40 for an A*. Thought it would be lower. The exam was terrible!
German Readingg - 39/45 for an A*. Thought that would be lower too...

:frown:

I don't know what to make of English Literature - but if they're a lot higher than before, maybe we all done a lot better?

History A Unit 1 Option A - 41/54 for an A*. Higher than I thought, seens as this was the harder of the two exams I sat.
History A Unit 2 Option D - 44/64 for an A*. Nice and low, which is surprising since I found that exam incredibly easy!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5964
Original post by iKrA97
Are there edexcel ones out, I only have two from aqa.

Yeah they were out a long time ago

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx?cgrp=Understanding%20results
Reply 5965
Original post by mccrae01
Only 36/60 for an A* in biology paper 3 . Stunned considering all the articles I 've seen about the science grade boundaries being high this year.

i KNOW RIGHT I AM SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE THE MARKS FOR AN A NOT AN A*!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 5966
Any idea on when OCR will release?
Reply 5967
Original post by Jack59
Any idea on when OCR will release?

Already released.
Original post by snikutsmullac
German Reading - 29/40 for an A*. Thought it would be lower. The exam was terrible!
German Listening - 39/40 for an A*. Thought that would be lower too...

:frown:

I don't know what to make of English Literature - but if they're a lot higher than before, maybe we all done a lot better?

History A Unit 1 Option A - 41/54 for an A*. Higher than I thought, seens as this was the harder of the two exams I sat.
History A Unit 2 Option D - 44/64 for an A*. Nice and low, which is surprising since I found that exam incredibly easy!

Isn't German Reading- 39/45 for an A* and not forty?
Reply 5969
Original post by zed963
Already released.

No :confused:

Where?
What do you guys think about the aqa gcse grade boundaries? I feel a sense of relief just a tad though knowing that the science boundaries are considerably low just have to wait till tomorrow to find out! !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mccrae01

I know its amazing, I thought it was easier than the mock! Physics unit 3 is 41, its usually in the high 40s!
Reply 5973
Reply 5974
Is it possible to work out how much is needed for 100 ums in the science isa?
SOOOOO happy about the isa grade boundaries, specially biology unit 3!!! Hope all of us get the grades we want. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedSchool
Isn't German Reading- 39/45 for an A* and not forty?

Typing error. It is 45, not 40. My mistake.
Reply 5977
Original post by Mr.Nor
That's 2012 and for a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry that's the wrong one.

Here's the correct one

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
Original post by Hellomoto.
I know its amazing, I thought it was easier than the mock! Physics unit 3 is 41, its usually in the high 40s!

I'm surprised with biology - despite the fact I almost certainly got 0 for the final question because I didn't understand what knowledge they were asking for.

Physics looks good as well - gives me a fighting chance considering I pretty much had to teach myself it from the text book becuase they fired our physics teacher and replaced him with a cover teacher who knew nothing about physics.

Not surprised chemistry is 44/60 as I seem to remember it was very similar to the specimen paper.
Reply 5979

That's for GCE aka a level....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest