The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Grade boundaries for Edexcel, AQA + OCR are roughly as I expected for my exams. Really nervous about tomorrow. :biggrin:
Sooooo happy with aqa boundaries!!
yeah the sciences seem good! (for AQA). Especially pleased about 42/50 ISA boundary (for A*)!!!

i got so lucky two of my ISAs were 46 and one 49, 46 is the 100 UMS boundary
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Thanks for posting the link. :smile:

You're welcome.
I'm happy with AQA (and hopefully still will be when I get my results.) The science boundaries, especially the unit 3 ones, make me feel better cause those exams were quite hard. Also has the boundary for English Language decreased? If so, I never expected that! Although literature has increased (but I expected that.)

I want to know WJEC but they will be a long while off :tongue:
39 IS 100 in b3 wtfff, i thought i got like 50+!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Very happy with AQA grade boundaries, still very worried about that french listening though
AQA GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR SCIENCW ARE LOOKING GOOODD. I can't believe P2 is 41/60. Last year it was 51/60! There were mixed views thought because people some found it super easy and others difficult. I found physics quite hard:/
Where are the overall grade boundaries? :smile:
Reply 309
Are the CIE boundaries out today?
Original post by SelinaUchiha
AQA GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR SCIENCW ARE LOOKING GOOODD. I can't believe P2 is 41/60. Last year it was 51/60! There were mixed views thought because people some found it super easy and others difficult. I found physics quite hard:/

I found that P2 exam not too bad from memory, but a lot of people said it was hard and that P3 was easier. I just hope that the boundaries aren't low because of harsh marking - they did predict a drop in science top grades achieved.
Here is the EDEXCEL UMS CONVERTER, you can convert RAW MARKS to UMS MARKS:

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/results/Pages/Convert-your-marks.aspx
Here's the AQA UMS converter, so you can see what RAW mark converts to a UMS Mark:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
So my course is the one that requires the highest mark for each grade in History, cheers OCR :angry:
I'm pretty happy with the French boundaries, just hope I haven't totally messed up :crossedf:
Original post by Dougieowner
I found that P2 exam not too bad from memory, but a lot of people said it was hard and that P3 was easier. I just hope that the boundaries aren't low because of harsh marking - they did predict a drop in science top grades achieved.
<br />
<br />

The boundaries are pretty low but I see your point. They probably will be marking harsher on it. I didn't do triple. Wish I had done though, so I don't know about P3,C3,B3. Are you going to be doing any of the sciences for AS level?
Reply 317

Only Level 3 qualifications are showing on mine for OCR. Could someone tell me Gateway Science boundaries for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. A* grade only.
Original post by Red Fox
Only Level 3 qualifications are showing on mine for OCR. Could someone tell me Gateway Science boundaries for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. A* grade only.

I think there's typing errors in biology...

But:
Biology: 46 ish
Chemistry: 52 ish
Physics: 54 ish

I say ish, give or take 1/2.
Reply 319
Ah some of the grade boundaries look so good!! AQA science is great, and english language is surprisingly lower than last year :biggrin: the ISA grade boundaries are higher than our teachers predicted but that's okay because of the lower Unit 3 grade boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest