The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joel5001
But then why is it that on the regular GCSE grade boundaries (not iGCSE), it says max mark 200 under Mathematics A. Unless each of their papers were out of 200, which I doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me no no ?
Original post by radhikagulati
I did TKAM and The Crucible

I'm not too worried- they were what I expected. I really hope I've done well enough for an A!

I did TKAM and The crucible too - what unit numbers were these?! I haven't seen the boundaries from them yet. It was horrific!
Original post by letthesunshine
Not sure if this is any different for different exam boards, but when people resat the early maths that we did, the highest grade counts. Basically, you get qualification certificates for both exams. so you can pick which grade (obviously the highest) you want to use on CV's/ applications etc. Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Caribbeantwist
That would be because your school didnT cash in the early grade so when you resit it, if you got higher they would cash the higher one in instead. You don't get two qualifications though (I was in this position with my eng Lang)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
I looked at courses that offered either Maths with French or Maths with Extended Studies in Europe (i.e, studying Maths in France if you choose) and a lot of the top unis offer one or the other:

UCL
Durham
Bath
Bristol
Imperial

Then if I choose to stay in Ireland, QUB and Trinity College Dublin both offer it! :smile:

sounds good but i wanted to do maths and modern forign languages so you can do maths and then spanish adn french and then you can choose more and they teach you from scratch up to a level level x
Original post by alexgr97
They do an average of the 2. You'd have a total mark of 200 which is then just divided by 2 (to get a percentage). So for an A*, you'd need 79*2 which is 158/200.

Thanks. But on the regular GCSE grade boundaries (not iGCSE), the max mark is 200.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377078432.665754.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone see the ocr grade boundries cant find them....
Original post by Icesk8ing97
can anyone see the ocr grade boundries cant find them....

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf it starts on page 32
Im soooo happy 55 for an A in the English Language exam and i exactly got 55 :bban:
omg, ocr twenty first century science module b3,c3,p3 you need 40/60 to get an a* i was worried i messed up so it was harder....slightly more releived but still think i got a d or something and i take triple....
Original post by Darnell LD97
Im soooo happy 55 for an A in the English Language exam and i exactly got 55 :bban:

how do you know your result?
Reply 6110
Hi, AQA grade boundaries for Biology unit 3 are quite low ( 36/60=A* and 30/60=A) i studied edexcel for my sciences and the grade boundries for edexcel biology unit 3 are 51/60 for A* and 48/60 for an A. Why do the two exam board differ so much?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Predictions so far...

Art: A
Statistics: A*
Biology, Chemistry and Physics: A*
RS: A (A* boundaries are so damn high)

The rest are WJEC :redface:

They're quality. What do you mean the rest are wjec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6112
Still nervous about WJEC english boundaries... halp
how do you know your result?

We were given a mark in march i got 55 for the ocr english language but the exam board didnt give us a grade.
Original post by Darnell LD97

Are they taken from the June boundaries (58 A*, 53A) or are they the January boundaries which are yet to be released until tomorrow (Results Day).
Original post by zed963
Now I'm thinking I may have a chance but I'm still nervous.

when the french listening was playing , i was like, what the hell is she saying? seven years of french down the drain. :frown:
Original post by NedSchool
Are they taken from the June boundaries (58 A*, 53A) or are they the January boundaries which are yet to be released until tomorrow (Results Day).

it was January praise the lord i didnt resit my freind was forcing me to hahaha and the january boundaries have been released http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/128198-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-january-2013.pdf This is Ocr btw not AQA
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Marz2312
Hi, AQA grade boundaries for Biology unit 3 are quite low ( 36/60=A* and 30/60=A) i studied edexcel for my sciences and the grade boundries for edexcel biology unit 3 are 51/60 for A* and 48/60 for an A. Why do the two exam board differ so much?

The exam that i did in june for AQA was very hard but i can see where you're coming from, chemistry and physics the grade boundary for a* is 41
Reply 6118
Can somebody point me into the right direction to get my WJEC Religious Studies grade boundaries?! It's the only exam I haven't yet seen the boundaries for...
sounds good but i wanted to do maths and modern forign languages so you can do maths and then spanish adn french and then you can choose more and they teach you from scratch up to a level level x

Ohhh I see, sorry! Hmm, you might have to do a bit more research to see if you're studying maybe one language as part of the course, you can do another ab initio.

Latest