The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6780
Original post by thatitootoo
Blergh :tongue: Sounds just like a typical first day of term in the UK...I expected Hong Kong to have a "No time to waste on silly induction...let's dive straight into Algebra III little children" mentality! lolol I guess you're at a day school? How many lessons do you normally have in a day?

TooToo KNOWS his stuff !! :angry: :spank: :mad: !!

I normally have five, but today I only had one due to the various reasons mentioned above... I don't know I even bothered to go to school today. :angry:
Original post by AquisM
I normally have five, but today I only had one due to the various reasons mentioned above... I don't know I even bothered to go to school today. :angry:

One hour each? IB is not that bad at all :redface: Use this free time to practise some Spanish/French/Whatev? :tongue:

Shwmae! Ych chi'n dda heddiw? :tongue:
Original post by constantmeowage
Shwmae! Ych chi'n dda heddiw? :tongue:

:teehee:

Dwi'n dda, a ti?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:teehee:

Dwi'n dda, a ti?

Mae'r tywydd yn braf iawn! :smile: wyt ti wedi gwneud llawer o bethau heddiw?
(edited 10 years ago)
Mae'r tywydd yn brad iawn! :smile: wyt ti wedi gwneud llawer o bethau heddiw?

Same!:biggrin:

Well yeah, twas the wedding day :tongue: gwylias i fy athrowes (actually three of them)
Same!:biggrin:

Well yeah, twas the wedding day :tongue: gwylias i fy athrowes (actually three of them)

You're presuming I read the last few pages :wink:
You're presuming I read the last few pages :wink:

Did I post here? Hmmm

Yeah, I got married :wink:
Reply 6788
One hour each? IB is not that bad at all :redface: Use this free time to practise some Spanish/French/Whatev? :tongue:

Yeah, I would use the time that way, except I was about to fall asleep with every step... :biggrin:
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Neither of you should be translating the "lassen" as "let" here, and possibly not at all, regardless of whether I have conjugated it correctly!

In English, I would have said "I have had their eyes tested today". I think there's an example in the GCSE AQA boook, that uses a sentence about dry-cleaning- something like "I'm having the curtains dry-cleaned" and a German translation with lassen

With the aid of dict.cc, I am attempting natural German (slightly hampered by my hatred of lassen).

http://www.dict.cc/?s=eye-test

Haha! Well at least we both attempted it. I did not know lassen could be used in such a way. All part of the learning process, aye.:smile:
Tootoo want to go back to skooooooooooooool !!

Tootoo want to go back to skooooooooooooool !!

Really? I still have just under 2 weeks before I start college. :h:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Really? I still have just under 2 weeks before I start college. :h:

:biggrin:
I need help in English again. What is the right word to initiate a subordinate clause (?) with the word 'indem' ? for all members who don't speak German, I'm talking about 'while', 'whilst' or 'by doing'. For all members who speak German here are some examples:

Er löschte das Feuer, indem er ein Glas Wasser über die Flammen schüttete.
Er konnte dem Fremden Mann helfen, indem er den Rettungswagen rief.
Der Bankräuber konnte gefasst werden, indem die Polizei rechtzeitig alarmiert wurde.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
x

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

French:
Reading: 33/45 = A*
Listening: 25/40 = A*

You can do it?:tongue:
Reply 6795
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

French:

You can do it?:tongue:

:eek: That seems quite low. Is it just this year or is it similar to most years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
:eek: That seems quite low. Is it just this year or is it similar to most years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Listening is definitely lower, Apparently it was very difficult!

I'm not that board though... So I dunno
Argh I've looked at the grade boundaries for German & Spanish and I still don't feel any better about my results. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. At the time, I felt I did well in my speaking, reading and listening for German but in Spanish, I felt my writing and speaking were poor. ARGH. Only tomorrow will tell. I really want an A*/A but I doubt I will get it. You get what you deserve, I suppose.
Reply 6798
The Listening is definitely lower, Apparently it was very difficult!

I'm not that board though... So I dunno

Yeah I thought so. It seemed a bit low for 53% to be an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
French:

WTF :eek: They cannot be serious with those boundaries :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending