The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's everyone's plan concerning opening them: with friends, alone, with parents?

I'm collecting mine from the common room (alongside the other 450 people in my year) so I'm thinking of going to hide away in one of the corners there to open them, but if it's anything like last year before I get a chance to see them I'll be swarmed by my teachers, making revealing them very scary!

Might have to work out an easy escape route, y'know, just in case..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6121
Original post by jabbadejab
The exam that i did in june for AQA was very hard but i can see where you're coming from, chemistry and physics the grade boundary for a* is 41

Yeah its quite confusing... Anyway thanks for your reply!
Original post by hBreadman
What's everyone's plan concerning opening them: with friends, alone, with parents?

I'm collecting mine from the common room (alongside the other 450 people in my year) so I'm thinking of going to hide away in one of the corners there to open them, but if it's anything like last year before I get a chance to see them I'll be swarmed by my teachers, making revealing them very scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get mine at the Post Office. Will open them in the car probably with dad beside me and just waiting until I've taken it in before he looks.

More importantly, you have 450 people in your year?!
Original post by Millerman
They're quality. What do you mean the rest are wjec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My other subjects :smile:
Original post by All-rounder
I am! I just neeeed to know the day before what grades to expect depending on how well I though I did in the exam. Even if it isn't good news it'll give some piece of mind knowing the bounderies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty much my thinking on boundaries too :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
My other subjects :smile:

Do the wjec boundaries get release midnight or tomorrow morning? Thanks!
Quick questions before the big day :smile: :
Will the results slip/certificates show only the overall grade or will they also show the individual module grades? And are all the results on one results slip or do they give you one slip per exam board?
Reply 6127
Original post by jabbadejab
when the french listening was playing , i was like, what the hell is she saying? seven years of french down the drain. :frown:

Too bloody right.
What are the Isa boundaries in science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6129
Is it wrong to want to open your results locked in the school toilets??
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Will the results slip/certificates show only the overall grade or will they also show the individual module grades? And are all the results on one results slip or do they give you one slip per exam board?

They show both, I think.
Original post by Darnell LD97
it was January praise the lord i didnt resit my freind was forcing me to hahaha and the january boundaries have been released http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/128198-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-january-2013.pdf This is Ocr btw not AQA

this is gce not gcse...
Original post by hBreadman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, If you can successfully open them with out people seeing and they ask your results, just pull the ninja face...
And you can always leave and open them at home, but then you'd have to confront your parents vocally if anything went bad :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PriyaPaul
this is gce not gcse...

The PDF contains both GCE and GCSE grade boundaries. Scroll down to around page 35- that's when the GCSE ones start. It only loaded until page 30 for me too at first but keep refreshing the page or use another browser.
Original post by Oiseaux
The PDF contains both GCE and GCSE grade boundaries. Scroll down to around page 35- that's when the GCSE ones start. It only loaded until page 30 for me too at first but keep refreshing the page or use another browser.

Ok thanks :wink:
Reply 6135
Original post by BP_Tranquility

I think they'll say the module results in lowercase then the overall grade in capitals and I think it's all on one slip but when you get the actual certificates (in a few weeks/months, I'm not sure when) they are separated by exam board.
Original post by aasvogel

More importantly, you have 450 people in your year?!

I think it's more like 456.. Pretty big I know, there were people at my prom I'd never seen before..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6137
Original post by Sea Bass
Is it wrong to want to open your results locked in the school toilets??

Haha, I was considering this as well so nobody can see your reaction, but then again do you really want to remember this important moment in life with you locked in a cubicle?
Guys, whats the name of the AQA English literature exam where you have to compare 2 books, E.g Mice and Men and Inspector Calls.
Talk of the devil, school just text me reminding me that it's results day tomorrow.. AS IF I COULD FORGET

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest