The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Beaumont Hall 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know anything about block 5, size etc. can't find anything anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Alysha:)
Anyone know anything about block 5, size etc. can't find anything anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:. It's part of Old Court and one of the smaller blocks. Still it has ten/fifteen (I can't remember which) on a floor. There is also a cracking social spot at the top of the stairs.
Original post by Hart1995
I'm Block 6 ground floor, corridor 21, room 11 :smile:

hey I'm block 6 first floor corridor 23 room 22 :smile:
Original post by lexy817
What a coincidence! I think it was you who said in an earlier post that you're doing Chemistry with Forensic Science. SAME! I'm in Block 6, First floor, Corridor 23, room 30, I think! It's nice to know I'll be near someone on my course.

heyyy !! I'm the same floor and corridor :smile: I'm room 23 :biggrin:
Original post by Hunter_scfc
Hi :smile:. It's part of Old Court and one of the smaller blocks. Still it has ten/fifteen (I can't remember which) on a floor. There is also a cracking social spot at the top of the stairs.

Ohh thankyou!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SarahM679
I'm in Block 8 first floor corridor 34! :biggrin:
Can't wait!

I'm in corridor 34 too!! What room are you in?? :biggrin:
Reply 186
Original post by Jessicalouisee_
I'm in corridor 34 too!! What room are you in?? :biggrin:

46 you? :biggrin:
Any idea how many to a corridor?
I'm so excited it's ridiculous!
46 you? :biggrin:
Any idea how many to a corridor?
I'm so excited it's ridiculous!

Im in room 49!!! :biggrin: Basically neighbourss!! :biggrin: ... and apparently its 20-30 to a corridor in block 8 cause itsone of the biggest blocks but don't quote me on that its just what ive read :smile: .... and me I'm so excited its unreal! :biggrin:
Original post by lexy817
What a coincidence! I think it was you who said in an earlier post that you're doing Chemistry with Forensic Science. SAME! I'm in Block 6, First floor, Corridor 23, room 30, I think! It's nice to know I'll be near someone on my course.

Hey! I believe I'm in the room right next to you!
Beaumont Hall, Block 6, First floor, Corridor 23, Room 29.
:biggrin:
Reply 189
Im in room 49!!! :biggrin: Basically neighbourss!! :biggrin: ... and apparently its 20-30 to a corridor in block 8 cause itsone of the biggest blocks but don't quote me on that its just what ive read :smile: .... and me I'm so excited its unreal! :biggrin:

Ah we're close :biggrin: Do you know if there are any kitchens in our block? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere!:confused: Don't know what I'll do if I can't make myself cups of tea!
Ah we're close :biggrin: Do you know if there are any kitchens in our block? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere!:confused: Don't know what I'll do if I can't make myself cups of tea!

Yeahh apparently there is a small one where you can just make snacks and stuff so im sure there will be a kettle around somewhere haha .... They told me that on the phone so they better now be lying haha :smile:
Does anyone know if we are allowed mini fridges in our room???? :smile:
Reply 192
Yeahh apparently there is a small one where you can just make snacks and stuff so im sure there will be a kettle around somewhere haha .... They told me that on the phone so they better now be lying haha :smile:

Ahh brilliant! :smile:
Reply 193
Does anyone know if we are allowed mini fridges in our room???? :smile:

Don't think they are technically allowed but I've spoken to quite a few people who have had them there and had no trouble, I've got myself one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in block 7 or doing chemistry? :smile:
Original post by theanswerisdawn
My accommodation offer is for Block 7 Catered even though it wasn't one of my choices. What times are meals served etc. and what are you supposed to do if you don't like the food? (the reason I applied for self-catered). Also, who else is in Block 7 First Floor Corridor 28 and what is it like?

Hey! Im in block 7 :smile: woo
Original post by cjed2004
Hey I'm studying chemistry, so we might be on the same courses pretty much.

I'm doing chemistry too :smile:
Original post by skipps
Don't think they are technically allowed but I've spoken to quite a few people who have had them there and had no trouble, I've got myself one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thanks :smile: I don't want to end up blowing the fuse or blowing up the
plug socket or seomthing like that haha :smile:
Reply 198
Hey guys,
Sorry if this is similar to a previous post but I basically just got an offer at Beaumont, Block 7, for a standard premium and catered. I applied for self catered because it's a longer contract and I can't work out if it's worth trying to see if there's something else available or just going for it because I do like the halls and suppose it works out better (money wise) but won't it be annoying to have to move out all your stuff every term?

Also is anyone going to get the annual bus ticket or just buy it every time they travel?
Original post by bkrihal
Hey guys,
Sorry if this is similar to a previous post but I basically just got an offer at Beaumont, Block 7, for a standard premium and catered. I applied for self catered because it's a longer contract and I can't work out if it's worth trying to see if there's something else available or just going for it because I do like the halls and suppose it works out better (money wise) but won't it be annoying to have to move out all your stuff every term?

Also is anyone going to get the annual bus ticket or just buy it every time they travel?

Heyy, yeah it is annoying that we have to move everything out at Christmas and easter, but if you've got friend who are in self-catered rooms see if you can put your stuff in their room for the holidays .... and no idea what I'm doing about the bus pass just yet might do it termly but still not sure ...... I got catered also and applied for self-catering but if you look at the positives I'm sure it will be fine! :smile: ... More social because you meet more people and you do end up saving money in the long run! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending