The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London - postgraduate offer holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey guys, just been offered a place on the International Management MSc, I was wondering if there was anyone else who is gonna be doing that course too?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Got into the Msc for Health Psychology!! :biggrin: Anyone else that got in the program for 2013?
Reply 82
Hi guys,
i've applied for MA International relations to start this year, they started assessing my application just over two weeks ago. I'm really worried it's going to take a while. And if i get an offer, they might take their time with CAS as with some people here. How much longer do you think they'll take? How long did you have to wait till your offer arrived when applying late June-July? I really want to make it to the welcome days in September and don't want to miss anything in the course should i be running late with CAS and visa. Sorry if my message sounds a bit desperate, it's just i'm really anxious. Somebody help me calm down:smile:)))

PS. would love to meet people from my prospective course and any other courses:smile:

Thanks guys!!!
Original post by FunTimesWeLiveIn
Got into the Msc for Health Psychology!! :biggrin: Anyone else that got in the program for 2013?
Well done for that! Did you have a BSc Psychology to get in and what kind of career does it lead to?
Reply 84
Original post by taya_44
Hi guys,
i've applied for MA International relations to start this year, they started assessing my application just over two weeks ago. I'm really worried it's going to take a while. And if i get an offer, they might take their time with CAS as with some people here. How much longer do you think they'll take? How long did you have to wait till your offer arrived when applying late June-July? I really want to make it to the welcome days in September and don't want to miss anything in the course should i be running late with CAS and visa. Sorry if my message sounds a bit desperate, it's just i'm really anxious. Somebody help me calm down:smile:)))

PS. would love to meet people from my prospective course and any other courses:smile:

Thanks guys!!!

Hey, I have the same problem and so desperate right now!! I apply for the International Marketing Msc programme last May and also need the visa, and so far there's no news from them. Have you heard anything?
Original post by the_apprentice
Well done for that! Did you have a BSc Psychology to get in and what kind of career does it lead to?

Well...I'm hoping to go on to phD and get into academia. Yes I am one of those who want to willingly live in a university all my life :tongue: . But health psychologists usually do research or in some few cases doctor-patient communications in terms of giving cbt to psychically ill patients. But a lot of health psych either choose to do research with the nhs or go into academia. Yes I did my bsc psyc in Leeds uni :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
Hi,
I'm going to be studying MSc International Management in September. Anyone else??? :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by tomase2
Hey guys, just been offered a place on the International Management MSc, I was wondering if there was anyone else who is gonna be doing that course too?

Hey, just read your thread. Mee tooo!!! :smile: Are you going to the induction and enrolement???:smile:
Reply 88
Original post by taya_44
Hi guys,

Thanks guys!!!

Well I applied in March and got accepted the next week (I was shocked to be honest!) but I only got my CAS on the 1st of July. If you don't hear from them soon, pressure them. Seriously, that's what I did :smile: email, phone and message if you have to :smile:

Which country are you coming from if you don't mind my asking? I would also love to meet people from other courses :smile:

Anybody on here going to Kings to study for the MSc in forensic science? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by litababy
You should contact king's through the "myapplication" page. They will resolve the situation in no time at all. good luck:smile:

Hi! I contacted them and they told me that my CAS number has already been released but I went to myapplication and did not see the "Your Visa" section so I contacted the Visa support team at King's and they told me that I should contact my Education Agent (which I used to apply at King's) so that they will release my number. However, when I call the Agent, they told me that they still haven't got my number in their portal yet...
Reply 90
Original post by helenle
Hey, just read your thread. Mee tooo!!! :smile: Are you going to the induction and enrolement???:smile:

Hi, I'll also be studying Msc international Management :smile:!!
Reply 91
I finally got my cas thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, I'll be doing Msc in emerging economies and int'l development. Anyone else doing the same or similar? :smile:
Original post by michellekcl
Hi!
I am coming to King's in the fall for a Masters in English: 1850-Present. I am an international student coming from America and would love to connect with anyone heading over in the fall. I am pretty nervous about housing. I am applying for student accommodation, but if any previous King's students have advice on how likely it will be to secure a place or could give info about easy alternatives in a private sector I would really appreciate it. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin:
Michelle

Hi Michelle, I actually did my undergrad in English at King's. Some of the professors are really great, I'm sure you'll love it!

Regarding the accommodation -- I actually live within the M25 so didn't manage to get accommodation as we are given last priority. However, from experiences of friends', as an international student you're given top priority for halls so you should definitely get a place even if it is not your first choice of halls. Hope this helped a little. And always happy to meet up for a chat :smile:
Original post by romil
Does everyone have to pay a deposit? And if yes then what is the last date?

My course doesn't require a deposit so I'm assuming that not all do. This information should be available via your MyApplication page or you could just drop the professor convening your course an email to be super sure - they're usually very friendly!

Riya
Reply 95
Original post by raspberries
Hey everyone, I'll be doing Msc in emerging economies and int'l development. Anyone else doing the same or similar? :smile:

Hey I have recently applied for this course but have yet to hear from them. May I ask what your Bachelor's degree and grade for it was? I have a BSc in Economics and Management from LSE but am bordering on 2:1. Am extremely worried!

Also, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Econsss
Hey I have recently applied for this course but have yet to hear from them. May I ask what your Bachelor's degree and grade for it was? I have a BSc in Economics and Management from LSE but am bordering on 2:1. Am extremely worried!

Also, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Thanks! :smile:

Ohh how recently was it? It took them about 2 and a half weeks to get back to me but I did apply a few months ago. So maybe they just have more applications to sort through now? I'll PM you with my undergrad etc details :smile:
Reply 97
Anyone here doing MA Intelligence and International Security?
Reply 98
Original post by raspberries

Hi I applied to do this course sometime in July but still waiting to hear back from there. At this point im quite worried seeing as its almost the end of august, and im not quite sure how strong my application was in comparison to others who might be applying for this course.. how long did it take for you to hear back. also would you advise calling to finding out the status of my application. any information would be much appreciated. thanks
Original post by edinecon
Hi I applied to do this course sometime in July but still waiting to hear back from there. At this point im quite worried seeing as its almost the end of august, and im not quite sure how strong my application was in comparison to others who might be applying for this course.. how long did it take for you to hear back. also would you advise calling to finding out the status of my application. any information would be much appreciated. thanks

Hey it took them around two and a half weeks to get back to me but I did apply much earlier than you. Calling them might be a good idea - I mean, they may just refer you to the status on your MyApplication page at worst but at least you'll get a little peace of mind that they haven't forgotten you! And there's not much to lose in doing so..

Good luck with it though! Hopefully see you at the course start :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest