trust me man...
wow you cant really afford to lose many marks even for an A

I need an 72 for an A overall. Not going to happen :frown:

Original post by MattFletcher
They're high every year, can't afford to lose much :crossedf:

Not as high as this time around though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by issy012
that's for January 2013, not English language taken in june!

No, thats for June 2013. A quote from AQA: "In November 2012, Ofqual announced that the grade boundaries for the January series will only be set after the June series. This means that UMS marks and grades will only be available after June and released on results day on 22 August 2013".
Reply 6182
Original post by Alleykat606
I'm looking for CIE IGCSE boundaries too. I've tried to look on their website but found nothing :s-smilie:

I really want them :frown: its stressing me out!
After seeing the Grade boundaries for AQA triple science I'm actually excited for tomorrow now!!
Bring it :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just looked at the AQA boundaries... think I'm going to be an excruciating 2 UMS off an A* in Physics and 6 UMS off an A in Biology :emo:
Some good grade boundaries from AQA today except the Science ISA,Further Maths and Maths Unit 3.I can't believe the ISAs have completed changed their grade boundaries and this means its unlikely I've got 100% and my teacher said they were marked down considerably last year which didn't matter because I'd got 48/50 but that could mean that 44/50 could easily come down to 42/50 meaning I pretty much need an A* for B2 but the grade boundaries were good for it with 45/60 for an A* and triple science people must be jumping up and down today 39/60 for 100% in B3!

I really loved the French Listening grade boundaries 25/40 for an A* and 22/40 for an A I'm confident I've got an A, which I reckon is all I really need because I think I've done really well in the Reading, especially with 36/45 for 100% and Writing.

The Geography grade boundaries are nice only 40/50 for 100% but I'm still extremely worried because its still 20/50 for a D and if I don't get 53 UMS and my coursework doesn't get any higher then I won't get an A and it felt like I really failed that exam.

The Maths grade boundaries aren't too nice but could have been worse and I only needed just over 75% UMS for an A* and the Further Maths grade boundaries are a bit high at 149/175 for an A^ but I aced them 2 exams so I should be fine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by THEMathlete
After seeing the Grade boundaries for AQA triple science I'm actually excited for tomorrow now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

are the grade boundaries for biology and physics low?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by THEMathlete

Posted from TSR Mobile

My isa will be the end of me now in chemistry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laylarose
Just looked at the AQA boundaries... think I'm going to be an excruciating 2 UMS off an A* in Physics and 6 UMS off an A in Biology :emo:

Unlucky, do you have a link to the boundaries?

Edit: Nvm, found it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Its Andy
Unlucky, do you have a link to the boundaries?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF :smile:

EDIT: Haha, okay :tongue:

Cheers anyway haha :smile: Tbh on most exams I took it looks like I can afford to drop a few marks, it's just Chemistry and German I'm worried about.
Original post by Its Andy

Cheers anyway haha :smile: Tbh on most exams I took it looks like I can afford to drop a few marks, it's just Chemistry and German I'm worried about.

My coursework for science is actually bad (Cs) and my exams are (Bs)...Im scared for tomorrwo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Aw you missed out! The specimen paper for Biology was helpful too! My Geography was gutted when I said I wasn't doubt it for A-Level but she can also go a bit crazy when she's mad! We should hopefully have decent results in Geography though.
Everyone seemed to find the listening tough, there were just a few questions which were completely random (air conditioned keyboards?!). I learnt my writings off too, so I just hope the examiner thinks they're good!
Maths is one of my favourite subjects too, I was really hoping for a high mark in the first paper so I went through it after and I think I got 98, which was a relief. One of the smartest fellas in our year never got the second one finished! There was only 2 or 3 questions which I found particularly tricky, though it's hard to remember exact answers!
Haha for some reason I thought you'd be from Derry! I think I was in Dungiven over the summer there when we went for the day. I'm from Banbridge in Co.Down (you put us out of the All-Ireland :angry:). Name's Eoin which is a bit of a challenge for English people when they see it!

Yeah my geography teacher asked our class a few days before study leave how many of us were taking on geograpghy and the entire class put their hands up except me she just looked at me and said "meadhbh!" and i shouted " IM SORRY!" but luckily she laughed :redface:, then i asked some people in my class after if they were taking it on and some were like "oh hell no, i was just afraid she'd shout at me!"
OMG yes that question about air conditioning in spanish, i was already severely depressed in that test and when that question came up I heard keyboard and computer so i wasnt exactly looking out for the words air conditioner, so i completely spaced and wrote "order things off the internet" :frown: ....did not link that one through. You came to Dungiven? Hahahaha, oh im so sorry you had to go through that, its not exactly an exciting place to be...ever. Lol! People in my school call it just a long road. I dont think I've ever been to Banbridge though, sorry :s-smilie: Yeah do you ever remember harry hill making fun of eoghan quiggs name....that lasted a long time... but the same happens to me with english people, there was an english boy in my class 2 years ago and before he even asked me my name he saw it written on my notebook and was really confused and was like "Whats your name MEADHBH? (where he literally just spelled it out WRONG i may add, like a 5 year old)...and thats now my nickname at school (my name pronounced Completely wrong!) :confused:
Ok its less than a day away now hows your nerves?
Original post by mascot of NI
I'm hopefully doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Spanish. Which subjects are you doing? I thought that generally they went quite well but I guess I'll find out on Thirsday.

Im taking on Biology, Chemitsry, Maths and Theatre Studies. yeah i thought they all went quite well but the few that i think didnt are really making the nerves worse :frown: well let me know what you get in your results yeah? :smile:
Original post by Sandra1
My coursework for science is actually bad (Cs) and my exams are (Bs)...Im scared for tomorrwo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No point worrying, may as well try and relax. I'm just keeping busy and I'm keeping my mind off it. At the end of the day, there's nothing I can do to make my results tomorrow any better, so there's no point worrying about them. Just plan for getting the results you want and have another plan ready for if you don't.
Are the AQA English language results for January or June? Or have they been combined?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know whether to feel excited or nervous for tomorrow. :eek3:
Original post by english007
Are the AQA English language results for January or June? Or have they been combined?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. June. January boundaries will be released tomorrow.
Omg, omg, omg, AQA Geography A grade boundaries are SO high!

*faints*

:frown: :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest