The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
Fair enough haha - and you've done C3 I believe so that's one thing out of the way

Yes :smile: cause it seems like an isolated module.
I am glad I took it this year...its strange that there are extremely good results for that this time...maybe they are just trying to cover up for their messed up paper...
Original post by Pandora.
That's true. I was quite surprised that I'd done so badly in Unit 1, but considering I had to teach myself most of it in the few weeks before the exam, I can't ask for too much. :lol:

How was unit 1? Oh I remember that, did you end up covering everything?
Original post by furryface12
Me too for G482 and F322 and C2

Posted from TSR Mobile

F322 is chemistry right? No idea what G482 is :colondollar: but lets hope they come soon. Why are you thinking about remarks?
Reply 1162
Original post by mynameisntbobk
How was unit 1? Oh I remember that, did you end up covering everything?
I got a solid A in Unit 1, very happy with that. :smile: I did cover it all in the end, yes, from the CGP guide. I'm not sure where it went wrong since I thought the exam went well, but it may have been that the CGP content didn't match what AQA wanted in places. I couldn't care less anyway, glad to be rid of it! :tongue:

F322 is chemistry right? No idea what G482 is :colondollar: but lets hope they come soon. Why are you thinking about remarks?

:yep: Chemistry because I got a D when I was expecting an A in that paper, C2 I got 73 when I'd been getting 100s and physics (the G482) I got a B when I was expecting (and really needed as that's what I'm applying for) a high A too. But I was ill for the physics and didn't really know much at the time so didn't get special consideration or whatever, so I think that might have killed it- could have done the same for chemistry the previous afternoon, too :frown:

Why are you getting yours remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Yes :smile: cause it seems like an isolated module.
I am glad I took it this year...its strange that there are extremely good results for that this time...maybe they are just trying to cover up for their messed up paper...

Low boundaries my friend low boundaries :tongue:
Reply 1165
Original post by adi19956
We have overlap with Birmingham :smile:
My GCSEs were 6A*s 5As with A*s including physics and maths importantly.
AS levels in Maths, Physics, Economics and Chemistry AAAB respectively. Should've tried harder in chemistry. Oh well.
Think I'll get A*AA prediction again respectively, dropped chemistry and got over 90% in maths.

You?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

10 A*s and 2 As (FSMQ Maths).

5 As at AS (Maths/FM/Phy/Chem/Philo).

You should apply for Oxford. Those are very good grades, well done. :smile:
I got a solid A in Unit 1, very happy with that. :smile: I did cover it all in the end, yes, from the CGP guide. I'm not sure where it went wrong since I thought the exam went well, but it may have been that the CGP content didn't match what AQA wanted in places. I couldn't care less anyway, glad to be rid of it! :tongue:

Jan exam? Either ways, I'm jealous of your A in unit 1 :tongue: I never used the CGP for psychology, but I can't imagine it covering everything you need or the detail. I think the mini companion was great as a little revision guide. I've got to ask, why do you not actually like psychology?
Reply 1167
Original post by smile:D
Yes!!! :teeth: I love the word loquacious

I Had to use google for that! Loquacious = talkative. Hell yeah!
Reply 1168
Original post by Zakee
10 A*s and 2 As (FSMQ Maths).

5 As at AS (Maths/FM/Phy/Chem/Philo).

You should apply for Oxford. Those are very good grades, well done. :smile:

:zomg: You're not applying to Oxbridge?? You mad?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 1169
Jan exam? Either ways, I'm jealous of your A in unit 1 :tongue: I never used the CGP for psychology, but I can't imagine it covering everything you need or the detail. I think the mini companion was great as a little revision guide. I've got to ask, why do you not actually like psychology?
Nope, both June. :smile: Yeah, I felt as though it wouldn't be as detailed as I really should need, but it was better than the AQA book (which we couldn't take home, and was difficult to use anyway).

I think the content is really interesting, but we're just taught really badly and I can't be bothered with that for another year. Plus the exam technique means that I'm learning metholology/ethics by rote which kind of take the debate and discussion out of it.
If I had a better teacher, I'm sure I would have loved AS year much more. :smile:
Reply 1170
Original post by SyedaK
I Had to use google for that! Loquacious = talkative. Hell yeah!

Loquacity is a well known one. Should go for volubility or someone who is circumlocutious. Now those are nice words.
Low boundaries my friend low boundaries :tongue:

Why do you think the grade boundaries are low AND still the results are generally good. Did people do well this year :confused:

How did students fare at your school?
Reply 1172
Original post by Zakee
Loquacity is a well known one. Should go for volubility or someone who is circumlocutious. Now those are nice words.

Wow all these words!
You read a lot of books?

Hey OP, how about it? (adjusting the thread title to fit those beautiful words in)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
:yep: Chemistry because I got a D when I was expecting an A in that paper, C2 I got 73 when I'd been getting 100s and physics (the G482) I got a B when I was expecting (and really needed as that's what I'm applying for) a high A too. But I was ill for the physics and didn't know how ill at the time so didn't get special consideration or whatever, so I think that might have killed it- could have done the same for chemistry the previous afternoon, too :frown:

Why are you getting your remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, yeah, defo check chemistry since A and D are very different grades. Ah will exam boards not take it into consideration, or is it too late? I guess you could always get your teacher to mention it in their reference. Good luck though, hopefully it turns out better

Nope, both June. :smile: Yeah, I felt as though it wouldn't be as detailed as I really should need, but it was better than the AQA book (which we couldn't take home, and was difficult to use anyway).

I think the content is really interesting, but we're just taught really badly and I can't be bothered with that for another year. Plus the exam technique means that I'm learning metholology/ethics by rote which kind of take the debate and discussion out of it.
If I had a better teacher, I'm sure I would have loved AS year much more. :smile:

[Ah right, didn't do June unit 1, not you got cross cultural variations as your 12 marker, no fair :frown: the AQA textbook, pardon my language is s***, not enough detail and its just messed about.

Fair enough, my psychology teachers are the best teachers in the school imo, so I guess that may explain why I like it. It doesn't have to :tongue: you could argue it allows you to strengthen your arguing/debating skills :yes:
Reply 1174
Original post by SyedaK
Wow all these words!
You read a lot of books?

Hey OP, how about it? (adjusting the thread title to fit those beautiful words in)

Nope, I just remember some things and not others. Think I've read about 2-3 books in the past year. Read voraciously from the ages of 4-7 though, I read Ulysses (James Joyce) when I was 7. I got bored of literature as such when I went to Senior School.
Reply 1175
Original post by Zakee
Nope, I just remember some things and not others. Think I've read about 2-3 books in the past year. Read voraciously from the ages of 4-7 though, I read Ulysses (James Joyce) when I was 7. I got bored of literature as such when I went to Senior School.

Matilda -_-!
I'm reading 'The Davinci code' atm. Tempted to go into cryptography.
Why do you think the grade boundaries are low AND still the results are generally good. Did people do well this year :confused:

How did students fare at your school?

Lower GB = better results

Higher GB = worse results usually

I think they are low because many students couldn't cope with certain examinations this yr and across the board a lot of people failed. I wouldn't say they are generally good at my school

Not very well - 1 of my friends got 5As (but an extra A in his own on language)
Then I got 4As, then we had a few AABs and ABBs and then the rest seemed like U's E's D's and C's all over the place - it was generally because they didn't work hard though
Original post by Zakee

Someone's read the thesaurus, I joke, but those words are impressive :gah:
(edited 10 years ago)
Lower GB = better results

Higher GB = worse results usually

I think they are low because many students couldn't cope with certain examinations this yr and across the board a lot of people failed. I wouldn't say they are generally good at my school

Not very well - 1 of my friends got 5As (but an extra A in his own on language)
Then I got 4As, then we had a few AABs and ABBs and then the rest seemed like U's E's D's and C's all over the place - it was generally because they didn't work hard though

I was talking about the C3 exam. :smile:

Hmmm...but I genuinely think there were at too many As for C3. They have to maintain a certain % for C3, don't they. Unless people did so well this year
What was the results for C3 there?
In my school it was really shocking. 9 sat for them, all ended up with Full UMS .
I was talking about the C3 exam. :smile:

Hmmm...but I genuinely think there were at too many As for C3. They have to maintain a certain % for C3, don't they. Unless people did so well this year
What was the results for C3 there?
In my school it was really shocking. 9 sat for them, all ended up with Full UMS .

Lets just say everyone who sat C3 went to university