The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by voi_con_14_8
I urgently need my clearing passport. I already got rejection from myinsurance then i've asked my firm choice to release me since 2 days ago then they said they've already sent their rejection but UCAS guys said there was no decision from Durham. It's so frustrating. University of York which i got vibal offer said they can only extend my offer till Thursday and i might not get accommodation due to this delay. I really don't know what i should do
There's no such thing as a Clearing passport any more. If you are waiting for your firm to make a decision, then you can ask UCAS to move things along for you. That's all you can do at the moment - but do explain to UCAS the position you are in. As I understood it Durham had made all their decisions now, so it's very poor if they haven't got through to Track yet.
Original post by Thatstudentdude
be sure to report back if you hear anything else! Ha!

I rang Reading switchboard this morning and asked to speak to someone more senior, and was put though to Sam Young, PA to the Head of Admissions. I told her we were having a problem getting a decision and getting any sense out of the admissions team, and she immediately said "This is for BA Education is it?" I hadn't said who I was or what course it was about! In fact I was very careful not to because I didn't want to do anything that might identify my daughter and scupper her chances even further!

She said they were "still looking at marginal cases" but obviously this doesn't apply to you or Emily as I believe you have achieved the grades you needed. When I told her people who had met all their conditions were in the same boat she just said couldn't discuss individual cases. I said "As you knew straight away what course I was ringing about before I'd told you, I presume this is a particular problem with this course is it?" She said no, it wasn't just with that course and then just kept repeating that she couldn't discuss individual cases and that I should ask my daughter to check her track (duh!) and call the admissions team for more information. I did point out that yesterday my daughter had been told by admissions that there was no point in her ringing again and she would just have to wait for an email, but that just sent her back to "can't discuss individual cases" again.

There seems to be something very strange going on here, nothing anyone says makes any sense. I could almost understand it if it was just people who'd missed their grades (though even then, six days to make a decision???) but as people like you who've met all their offer conditions are still not cleared - not even a verbal offer - it's completely mystifying. And stressful, and frustrating!

Still, perhaps you have been lucky and have heard good news today! We can but hope.....
Original post by ontherazzle
I rang Reading switchboard this morning and asked to speak to someone more senior, and was put though to Sam Young, PA to the Head of Admissions. I told her we were having a problem getting a decision and getting any sense out of the admissions team, and she immediately said "This is for BA Education is it?" I hadn't said who I was or what course it was about! In fact I was very careful not to because I didn't want to do anything that might identify my daughter and scupper her chances even further!

She said they were "still looking at marginal cases" but obviously this doesn't apply to you or Emily as I believe you have achieved the grades you needed. When I told her people who had met all their conditions were in the same boat she just said couldn't discuss individual cases. I said "As you knew straight away what course I was ringing about before I'd told you, I presume this is a particular problem with this course is it?" She said no, it wasn't just with that course and then just kept repeating that she couldn't discuss individual cases and that I should ask my daughter to check her track (duh!) and call the admissions team for more information. I did point out that yesterday my daughter had been told by admissions that there was no point in her ringing again and she would just have to wait for an email, but that just sent her back to "can't discuss individual cases" again.

There seems to be something very strange going on here, nothing anyone says makes any sense. I could almost understand it if it was just people who'd missed their grades (though even then, six days to make a decision???) but as people like you who've met all their offer conditions are still not cleared - not even a verbal offer - it's completely mystifying. And stressful, and frustrating!

Still, perhaps you have been lucky and have heard good news today! We can but hope.....

I really don't understand what's going on & why this is such a problem..
I haven't even spoken to them today, because they never tell me anything different, but one girl got her decision through last night, so it seems like they're coming through individually :s-smilie:

It'll be a week tomorrow and I've been told every day that 'I'll hear today or tomorrow' (and one guy told me last Friday that a decision had been made - ?!) although it's clear that they're still making decisions.

This does sound very very dodgy. Rather unsettling. I wonder what on earth is going on - it's not fair because if I get rejected then I need to be sorting things out for my insurance ASAP!!!!!!

However, today I received my evidence I sent for the DBS check back in the post from them with an acknowledgement they've received it. So now, officially, they have all the information they need. I've met all the conditions. I don't understand what's going now and I know ringing up yet again will get me nowhere!

The fact the lady knew instantly you was querying about the education course makes me feel like something's definitely going on. My track hasn't changed yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This does sound very very dodgy. Rather unsettling. I wonder what on earth is going on - it's not fair because if I get rejected then I need to be sorting things out for my insurance ASAP!!!!!!

However, today I received my evidence I sent for the DBS check back in the post from them with an acknowledgement they've received it. So now, officially, they have all the information they need. I've met all the conditions. I don't understand what's going now and I know ringing up yet again will get me nowhere!

The fact the lady knew instantly you was querying about the education course makes me feel like something's definitely going on. My track hasn't changed yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I'm worried about, because I've sent everything twice & I haven't had a confirmation or anything?
I'd be slightly happier if they just explained what was going on, instead I'm just freaking out wondering what on earth is happening and if there's a problem..
Original post by Emily115
I really don't understand what's going on & why this is such a problem..
I haven't even spoken to them today, because they never tell me anything different, but one girl got her decision through last night, so it seems like they're coming through individually :s-smilie:

It'll be a week tomorrow and I've been told every day that 'I'll hear today or tomorrow' (and one guy told me last Friday that a decision had been made - ?!) although it's clear that they're still making decisions.

That's what's the most annoying thing, they seem to be making up any old thing when you ring, just to get rid of you, and some of the things they have said are obviously completely untrue. Sam Young did say a batch had gone through to UCAS last night but obviously you and my daughter were not among the lucky ones! I don't think she is bothering to ring them today either, she is completely disheartened by the whole thing now. She said yesterday the admissions person got quite snappy with her and told her there was no point in keeping on ringing up, she would hear "in due course". Even my daughter's school have emailed her to ask if there is a problem as they are concerned that her offer on UCAS is still conditional.

Have to say that both the main switchboard person and the accommodations team have been lovely on the phone, very understanding and sympathetic. Wish we could say the same for the admissions people.
Reply 406
Another addition to the hall of shame, then.

Really sorry you are all having this appalling time. Have you tried ringing UCAS and speaking to someone senior there? It just might register, you never know, and they could apply some pressure to the Reading team.
Original post by Minerva
Another addition to the hall of shame, then.

Really sorry you are all having this appalling time. Have you tried ringing UCAS and speaking to someone senior there? It just might register, you never know, and they could apply some pressure to the Reading team.

I posted a comment on the UCAS Facebook page and they replied "Unfortunately it is down to [the university] to update your records. If you have a complaint you will need to direct it to them." So not very helpful.

The problem is my daughter just missed her grades so she is worried that if she makes too much fuss they will find it easier to just reject her.
posted a comment on the UCAS Facebook page and they replied "Unfortunately it is down to [the university] to update your records. If you have a complaint you will need to direct it to them." So not very helpful.

The problem is my daughter just missed her grades so she is worried that if she makes too much fuss they will find it easier to just reject her.

This is what I'm thinking, I phoned ucas maybe Thursday or Friday and couldn't even get through to someone, I just got a message saying that I needed to contact the university, which doesn't really get us anywhere :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
I posted a comment on the UCAS Facebook page and they replied "Unfortunately it is down to [the university] to update your records. If you have a complaint you will need to direct it to them." So not very helpful.

No, it isn't. Well, yes they might reject her, but this is getting ridiculous.

This is what I'm thinking, I phoned ucas maybe Thursday or Friday and couldn't even get through to someone, I just got a message saying that I needed to contact the university, which doesn't really get us anywhere :frown:
I'd try again today - things should have quietened down considerably.
Original post by Minerva
No, it isn't. Well, yes they might reject her, but this is getting ridiculous.

I'd try again today - things should have quietened down considerably.

I'm not sure what ucas would be able to do. We all recieved an email from the university on Friday telling us to be patient, if we have any documents to send then send them, if not then to wait, because apparantley they're going over every application again. Thing is, some people have been accepted last week or in days since results day, others, like us (even though we've met all the conditions), are still being told to wait. All 3 of us have rang up and contaced the university multiple times and are being told completely different things. It's awful now. I need to know what's going on so I can start sorting out other options!
Reply 411
Are any of you guys waiting on Warwick Uni?
I'm not sure what ucas would be able to do. We all recieved an email from the university on Friday telling us to be patient, if we have any documents to send then send them, if not then to wait, because apparantley they're going over every application again. Thing is, some people have been accepted last week or in days since results day, others, like us (even though we've met all the conditions), are still being told to wait. All 3 of us have rang up and contaced the university multiple times and are being told completely different things. It's awful now. I need to know what's going on so I can start sorting out other options!

Ucas are still telling people to contact the universities directly if there's a problem, and I don't know if it's a good idea to contact them again, because we're not getting anything out of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ucas are still telling people to contact the universities directly if there's a problem, and I don't know if it's a good idea to contact them again, because we're not getting anything out of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not contacting them again. They should have all my things now. I think it'll be easier to just wait. The email said we will have a decision by this week. If it gets to Friday and we don't...then we really do have a right to be even more annoyed.
Reply 414
They ought to be able to encourage the uni to get on with it and communicate their decisions to you (or confirm people who have met all their conditions and absolutely should not be waiting this long for their Track to update!).

I'm not contacting them again. They should have all my things now. I think it'll be easier to just wait. The email said we will have a decision by this week. If it gets to Friday and we don't...then we really do have a right to be even more annoyed.
You certainly will have.

Unis do have a code of practice agreed with UCAS, and whatever is in it, I am sure that keeping people hanging around like this isn't acceptable. UCAS should be looking to remind unis of this, but they can't if they don't know what's going on. I agree that the people answering the calls won't know this, but you can and should ask to speak to someone further up the tree. This is the fifth year I have been a moderator during the Results period, and I have never seen this sort of problem on this scale and at this stage. It's not on.
I just phoned ucas and spoke to an adviser and was told repeatedly that they had about a week to let us know & she refreshed my page on her computer and Reading had literally updated while I was talking to her. They confirmed at 15:18!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 416
I just phoned ucas and spoke to an adviser and was told repeatedly that they had about a week to let us know & she refreshed my page on her computer and Reading had literally updated while I was talking to her. They confirmed at 15:18!
Finally! You must be one very happy and relieved bunny just now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, well done! What a relief, I'm so pleased for you. Can't get hold of my daughter and haven't access to her UCAS track so don't know if her track has been updated too - did you get an update email from UCAS?
Original post by Ali78632
Was required ABB to get into computer science but got in with ABC
Cant believe how leniant nottingham uni is!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're lucky! I was rejected by my firm and I got the same grades as you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minerva
Should happen pretty quickly. It's unlikely to make much difference to your accommodation situation at your insurance that there's been this delay.

Thank you ! Turns out I'd been released from my firm choice in to clearing :smile: but managed to re-apply to my insurance. However I was wondering if I have to inform student finance of the changes or will UCAS do this automatically ?
(Any assistance is much appreciated)

And would re-aaplying through clearing to the same Uni affect my preciously held accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending