The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pathosL
yeah
Thanks, even June 2012 overall results, coz I done French in y10 nd my college wants evidence of all predicted grades ?Lol, I will get no sleep tonight.
Reply 6301
Original post by Dalek1099
That worrying feeling when you haven't been called in for photos.I don't even know whether my school do that sort of thing.The school takes photos but it might not call people to take them.

Same, unless they just call local newspaper reporters in or just give them the statistics. :yawn:
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Awwh that's not fair why do the January people have to wait so long??!
Thanks!! I hope so too but it's only 40% though...did u do january or June?

I did foundation in January and higher in June :smile:
I know i've done bad in higher, but i'll hopefully still get a B with my foundation paper because i got all A's in the controlled assessments.
Reply 6303
What I don't get is what do the results look like? Do they have the final subject grade on a separate piece of paper or something?
Reply 6304
Original post by jolliek
What I don't get is what do the results look like? Do they have the final subject grade on a separate piece of paper or something?

They (should) be one bit of paper, which will show every modules mark and overall grade (shown as a capital e.g A instead of a).
Reply 6305
Original post by jolliek

Well its just plain A4 white paper. The top quarter is usually dominated by your details such as ULN, candidate number and name etc.

And after that all the modules will be displayed and your overall grade will also be displayed.

Your overall grades will be displayed in capitals e.g A

And the modules ones in lower case e.g a.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 6306
Original post by qr95
If you get called in early you've done really well because for A levels they called people in early who got top grades and they were on itv lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin::biggrin: it's like a tradition at ny school to call people early! Lol hmm don't really fancy being on tv:colondollar: good luck hope everyone gets what they want :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6307
Original post by things4life
On the results sheet do you get all your results even ones you know the grade for, like March 2013 results ?

Thanks

Its usually only the ones that you have taken in June 2013 but if you have done some exams before this then may be used to cash in so they may come up but they won't be changed or anything so it's fine.
Reply 6308
Thanks!
Reply 6309
Original post by sr234
:biggrin::biggrin: it's like a tradition at ny school to call people early! Lol hmm don't really fancy being on tv:colondollar: good luck hope everyone gets what they want :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to be on TV. You can just give them a piece of your mind and not be on it.
Reply 6310
Original post by jolliek

On the AQA website there is a page showing you what the results will look like. Hopefully this link will work for you.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-support/for-students/results-day/example-provisional-results-slip
Just some last advice for anyone who's feeling nervous (this has helped me a huge amount):

Remember, what happens happens. If you get bad grades, it will happen for a reason. If you get good grades, it will happen for a reason.

If you get bad grades, this is a chance to pick yourself up and show everyone how you can improve and what you can do at A-Level. It's well known unis like to see an improvement just as much as a consistent high standard of grades. There's one guy who failed his AS and got A*s the following year. He then got accepted into Oxford.

You will only get what you deserve. The grades you get will reflect the amount of work you put in. It's all fair!

Good luck to everyone :smile: :redface:
Original post by ilove_psychology
Just some last advice for anyone who's feeling nervous (this has helped me a huge amount):

Remember, what happens happens. If you get bad grades, it will happen for a reason. If you get good grades, it will happen for a reason.

If you get bad grades, this is a chance to pick yourself up and show everyone how you can improve and what you can do at A-Level. It's well known unis like to see an improvement just as much as a consistent high standard of grades. There's one guy who failed his AS and got A*s the following year. He then got accepted into Oxford.

You will only get what you deserve. The grades you get will reflect the amount of work you put in. It's all fair!

Good luck to everyone :smile: :redface:

Thats great advice :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilove_psychology
There's one guy who failed his AS and got A*s the following year. He then got accepted into Oxford.

How did he get an offer exactly ? ? ?
Was he predicted the A*AA norm requirement ?
Do the GCSE grades you did in year 10 come up on this piece of paper as well? I have them, but is every one on this piece?

I'm so nervous, I've been having nightmares about results day!! :frown:

I don't want tomorrow to come, but I know it will! :'(

I wanna die!
Reply 6316
Original post by Dalek1099
That worrying feeling when you haven't been called in for photos.I don't even know whether my school do that sort of thing.The school takes photos but it might not call people to take them.

I know of only.2 schools who call people early, don't worry I'm sure you've aced it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6317
Original post by 1214Jack1214
Do the GCSE grades you did in year 10 come up on this piece of paper as well? I have them, but is every one on this piece?

They should, some schools skip it off but in most cases everything's there!
The sad thing is, I remember when this thread started :')

Remember to go in with a positive attitude! Whatever happens, you worked hard and you'll be successful regardless :smile:

Also, Cheryl Cole and Lord Alan Sugar have no GCSEs. The girl who plays Lola in EastEnders left school with 1 GCSE. Thomas Edison only attended school for three months.

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by toomanyquestions
I'm really impatient :/ I can't really concentrate on anything at the moment... Supposed to be doing an essay for summer work but the INTERNET IS NOT HELPING MATTERS.

Oh that must suck! And yeah I'm waiting!! Good luck for tomorrow! What are you waiting for?

Original post by Marz2312
I am feeling the exact same way! I cant eat or sleep or even sit in one place for 5 mins without over thinking about what i may get. Good luck for tomorrow!

Same to you :smile: And I was cooking to get my mind off it (it's an hour long dish). And now I'm reading the Harry Potter Collection, and then going to watch it (it'll be a marathon!). I'm so scared :s-smilie:

Latest