The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Someone help me please, English AQA Language and Literature, are they fair or do they seem higher? AQA Language seemes similar to last years june 2012 where AQA messed up ?! Physics additional seems fair (under half marks for a B :biggrin:) and Biology seems fair too. I did very well in Biology. Physics was alright but had stupid questions as usual.

Reply 521
Original post by silver79
The drama boundaries are ridiculous! Especially as the writing paper is usually marked so harshly :frown:

I'm just *hoping* that the grade boundaries are high because people have done really well- because surely in the last years very few people got 72 or above in the written paper...this may be just me trying to be optimistic though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
I can't tell if Edexcel triple science boundaries are fair? lol
Reply 523
Original post by Tibbz2

P3 = Not fair :mad:
Reply 524
Original post by elixirs
P3 = Not fair :mad:

:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 525
Original post by jwf13
I'm just *hoping* that the grade boundaries are high because people have done really well- because surely in the last years very few people got 72 or above in the written paper...this may be just me trying to be optimistic though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so!
Reply 526
Original post by Tibbz2

They look on the high side to me compared to last June. I think a lot of people may have found it easy hence the grade boundaries are so high. I think they're reasonable overall but I don't expect a high percentage of people getting A*s in science this year. But we'll have to see. If your previous modules were good then you've got nothing to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 527
Original post by jwf13

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldnt worry. Of course everyone wants low grade boundaries cause it makes us more confident but high are not 100% bad. Logic says that if the grade boundaries are high, it means you most likely did better then you think. Did the rest of your friends also find it hard? If they did then most likely you did better then you think/ they were very generous markers. But if they found it easy and you found it hard, ouch. Still, nothing we can do sadly!
Original post by PhysicsKid
Quite pleased about the History boundaries- lower than January I think. Think I might just have got an A* on the coursework, so that shouldn't bring down my prediction of A*s on the exams. :biggrin:

Is this for ocr and wat is the grade boundaries
Reply 529
Original post by FireDwarf
I wouldnt worry. Of course everyone wants low grade boundaries cause it makes us more confident but high are not 100% bad. Logic says that if the grade boundaries are high, it means you most likely did better then you think. Did the rest of your friends also find it hard? If they did then most likely you did better then you think/ they were very generous markers. But if they found it easy and you found it hard, ouch. Still, nothing we can do sadly!

I think it might just be drama, the grade boundaries are always high...I guess you're right, there's no point in worrying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omfg. Why is the Edexcel linear maths 1MA0 GRade boundries so high? An A is still high ****
(edited 10 years ago)
The English Unit 3 exam sat in January are higher than the exam sat in June wtf
Reply 532
Original post by jwf13
I think it might just be drama, the grade boundaries are always high...I guess you're right, there's no point in worrying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, I dont know really. Low grade boundaries might mean you did worse then you think, and high might mean you got higher then you think. Either way, you wont know untill tommorow! Im happy though, the AQA science boundaries were lower then I expected which gives me confidence to survive the night untill tommorow!
Reply 533
15 hours :gasp:
Reply 534
Are you guys all being sad like me and arriving just when the school opens;p?
I wish I could just go to sleep flat out for 15 hours then wake up to results. Can't bare the wait any longer.
Reply 536
Anyone have any ideas when the CCEA grade boundaries will be released?
Reply 537
Original post by FireDwarf
Are you guys all being sad like me and arriving just when the school opens;p?

No im camping outside the school

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE astronomy. Anyone else wish to share opinions on the grade boundaries. I felt my heart start racing as i scrolled down the doc looking for them.
Reply 539
Original post by the-black-lotus
GCSE astronomy. Anyone else wish to share opinions on the grade boundaries. I felt my heart start racing as i scrolled down the doc looking for them.

You can do astronomy at GCSE!? Thats awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest