Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 3amWisdom
I'm Jo. I'm studying Business Computing. I'm a mature student so a bit older than the rest of you but it means I'm good for showing people how to knit doilies, and make their beds properly. :biggrin:

I don't even know what a doilie is but I'd love to learn! I think O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by robertilie
Awesome man :biggrin: we'll meet up for some beers.
Start up the Pre-freshers studentroom society or something :tongue:

Can I join for a beer? Maths also :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
I keep meaning to ask someone this but I always forget, anyone know of any good music venues near Brunel if any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by OConnell
I don't even know what a doilie is but I'd love to learn! I think O.o

Mwhahaha! These are doilies: http://www.decorativepackagingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/doilies.jpg

And this is a picture of me at knitting club: http://www.deeprootstalltrees.com/Kathy/Granny%20LAMBS%20Photos/Granny_knitting.jpg

:biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by andyl95
I haven't yet :frown: I really suck at interacting with people :frown: Apparently we get given a little Fresher's guide upon arrival with activities. Nightclubs aren't really my thing either :frown:

Hey :smile: No need to worry at all about not liking nightclubs, you definitely won't be alone in that. There are tonnes of clubs and societies you can join at Brunel,

http://brunelstudents.com/societies/a-z/

and I can guarantee you that you won't be the only person to feel the way you do about meeting new people. But it really helps if you join a club that does something you really enjoy because you have something in common with all the people there, which makes it a bit less awkward.
Reply 66
Original post by greax
international business lancaster complex Gordon hall!!:biggrin:

Me too:biggrin: I will definitely be seeing you in a month then! There's quite a few people here doing International Business :smile:
Reply 67
Sadly I was only kidding about the knitting, though I've heard Yarnbombing is increasingly popular http://knitthecity.com/what/

Original post by OConnell
I keep meaning to ask someone this but I always forget, anyone know of any good music venues near Brunel if any?

This I am not 100% sure depending on what you like music wise. There is a nightclub on campus at Brunel (The Academy) and there is another in the centre of Uxbridge (Liquid & Envy). I've never been to either of them on a club night, though the one in the centre of town looks pretty popular if you go past at 11 or 12 :smile:

Just up from Liquid there is a bar that does acoustic sessions on a Thursday night (Slug and Lettuce). I've been inside but not on a Thursday. It's a pretty big, Weatherspoony type place.

There's a pub in Hayes (which is the town just up from Uxbridge) called The Wishing Well, and I know they do live music as I've run past in the evening and heard them playing. Nothing special. Hayes is an odd place, it's supposed to be quite Ghetto, but I guess it depends on where you come from.

The other place one of my friends suggested was The Crown and Treaty Pub which is in Uxbridge but a bit further out that the centre. They definitely do live music of you can be bothered to trek out to them and can put up with the locals who are allegedly a bit interesting. I get the impression the rock music is pretty rough and ready a bit like the venue.

TBH as Brunel is only about an hour away from central London on the tube, you're better off going on adventures in the city, or asking at the Student Union. I'm sure there will be lots of gigs and nights out to be had :smile:
Hey,
Anyone in bishop complex St Margaret's Hall?
Reply 69
Original post by Cassie512
Me too:biggrin: I will definitely be seeing you in a month then! There's quite a few people here doing International Business :smile:

many also are doing maths! where are you staying?
Reply 70
Original post by ImportantHelpMe
Hey,

What flat number are you? :smile:
Reply 71
Anyone doing economics and business finance?
Reply 72
Original post by andyl95
Can I join for a beer? Maths also :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha sure, we'll figure something out when we all get there, just pop back on this forum and we'll arrange something :biggrin:
Reply 73
Hey,

I am! Flat 76 :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by andyl95
I haven't yet :frown: I really suck at interacting with people :frown: Apparently we get given a little Fresher's guide upon arrival with activities. Nightclubs aren't really my thing either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not only about going out! There are cool volunteering opportunities to get involved with which will build up your CV. This is a free one, which includes training and might interest you! http://www.elevationnetworks.org/sldp/
Hey,

Flat 64 and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Big up for History! :P Would love to get to know some people before the course starts!
Reply 77
Original post by KirkyLife
Big up for History! :P Would love to get to know some people before the course starts!

I'm doing Maths but I'll happily add you on Facebook or whatever if you wanna hang out in September. You can never have too many drinking buddies. :wink:
Reply 78
Original post by tjsmith94
I'm doing Maths but I'll happily add you on Facebook or whatever if you wanna hang out in September. You can never have too many drinking buddies. :wink:

Amen to that sir :wink: I'll PM you and anyone else who wants it :biggrin:
Original post by KirkyLife

Hey where are you staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending