The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arty
Florence Boot anyone?? :smile:

So we have to completely clear our room out at the end of every semester? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if all halls are the same, but some you can book to stay in (or leave your stuff in) over the xmas/easter breaks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Cazza180
Ooh I've never done philosophy but it sounds cool! Where are you from? :smile:

You are the first person I have come across doing English! :biggrin:
Reply 822
Is there anyone here doing English with Classical Civilisation and staying in Sherwood or close? I haven't found anyone else who's doing that degree D:
Reply 823
Original post by arty
Florence Boot anyone?? :smile:

So we have to completely clear our room out at the end of every semester? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Florence Boot! And yes in catered halls you have to completely clear your room for the holidays, unless you pay £5 a night for storage. Apparently what a lot of people do is store their stuff in 1 person's room and all pay a bit of the storage fee.
Reply 824
Original post by ahnn
I'm in Florence Boot! And yes in catered halls you have to completely clear your room for the holidays, unless you pay £5 a night for storage. Apparently what a lot of people do is store their stuff in 1 person's room and all pay a bit of the storage fee.

Woohoo!! Hello to you :smile: where are you from and what are you studying?
So excited we've got Florence Boot - looks like a great place to live :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 825
Original post by arty
Woohoo!! Hello to you :smile: where are you from and what are you studying?
So excited we've got Florence Boot - looks like a great place to live :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be studying Russian and I'm currently living in Cumbria. You?
Me to! It really does look amazing. I can't believe there's less than 5 weeks to go now :eek:
Reply 826
Original post by ahnn
I'll be studying Russian and I'm currently living in Cumbria. You?
Me to! It really does look amazing. I can't believe there's less than 5 weeks to go now :eek:

Wow is that super far away ? When I think of Cumbria I think of vast open countryside!

I am from Devon totally the other end of the country!
Reply 827
Original post by arty
Wow is that super far away ? When I think of Cumbria I think of vast open countryside!

I am from Devon totally the other end of the country!

It was the furthest university I applied for, but it's not actually that far. About a 3 hour drive I think? And yeah, it's pretty much hills and sheep up here haha.

What are you going to be studying?
Reply 828
Original post by ahnn
It was the furthest university I applied for, but it's not actually that far. About a 3 hour drive I think? And yeah, it's pretty much hills and sheep up here haha.

What are you going to be studying?

Oh - that's cool! Have you visited the uni before?

I'm going to be studying Art History :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 829
Original post by arty
Oh - that's cool! Have you visited the uni before?

I'm going to be studying Art History :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I went in March on a visit day. University Park campus is amazing and I felt really comfortable there. It's got everything you need as well! I didn't have time to go into the city centre unfortunately, but I'm really looking forward to exploring what's there too.
I'm studying History in Nightingale Hall :biggrin: It looks like the location is pretty good for what I'm studying, and the rooms look nice - I'm excited!
Derby Hall Shared Ensuite, not sure what that means as I was pretty late in applying for accommodation, but excited now! :smile:
Reply 832
Hi, does anyone know if we have to take a duvet and pillows or just duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases? I'm in Cripps Hall if that helps!
Original post by RashelW
Hi, does anyone know if we have to take a duvet and pillows or just duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases? I'm in Cripps Hall if that helps!

Cripps hall tooo :smile:. And I do believe so, I am bringing my duvet, pillows, duvet covers. sheets and pillowcases.
Reply 834
Original post by Katy Clifton
Derby Hall Shared Ensuite, not sure what that means as I was pretty late in applying for accommodation, but excited now! :smile:

Shared ensuite is good - I think it means you only have to share your bathroom with 1 other person. I applied in April and they still only gave me a single study!! - (which means bathroom shared between 5 :frown: )

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 835
Original post by sumsum123
Cripps hall tooo :smile:. And I do believe so, I am bringing my duvet, pillows, duvet covers. sheets and pillowcases.

Oh cool, see you there! Okay thank you, I'll make sure I buy some then as my bed at home is a single :smile:
Original post by RashelW
Oh cool, see you there! Okay thank you, I'll make sure I buy some then as my bed at home is a single :smile:

Likewise, I am just taking my single duvet with me though eventhough the bed is small double. I tried looking around for small double bedding but can't find some so I might just buy double bedding rather than single.
Original post by sumsum123
Likewise, I am just taking my single duvet with me though eventhough the bed is small double. I tried looking around for small double bedding but can't find some so I might just buy double bedding rather than single.

Double sized duvet/duvet cover won't make any difference, but the sheets will be a pest. You can get small double (4 foot) sheets here:

http://www.yorkshirelinen.com/sheets-pillow-cases/4-foot/

https://www.4ftbedlinen.co.uk/
Original post by Crumpet1
Double sized duvet/duvet cover won't make any difference, but the sheets will be a pest. You can get small double (4 foot) sheets here:

http://www.yorkshirelinen.com/sheets-pillow-cases/4-foot/

https://www.4ftbedlinen.co.uk/

Thank you :smile:
Original post by RashelW

Yeh you have to take duvet and pillows :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending