The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by iamsherlocked
I've got a volunteering placement with an organisation called City Year London - they do amazing work supporting kids in schools in disadvantaged areas. Starting next week :biggrin:
Yes I have seen the trailer, although I was disappointed by how short it was...just long enough to register that John looks silly with a moustache! :tongue:

This omg! If he has that for the entire series I might cry
Reply 61
Original post by bananarama2
Pronouncing it is hard if you haven't heard it said keys before. They must have thought you were pretty good!

Where did you stay at Emma? The bed I stayed in was pretty comfy.

Evidently! I always was tricksy
South Court, I didn't like the room in general either because there was no way you could arrange it so that the bed would have its head and 1 side next to a wall, and I'm really funny about that. :colondollar:
You sounded likely Golem :tongue:

I stayed in North Court Cloisters with and en suite. That's a little odd, why?

What are the shower arrangements in South Court?
Reply 63
You can come round and bask in it's greatness if you want :tongue:

Excellent. I'd say the same, but I wouldn't wish to make you too jealous :wink: :biggrin:

Original post by Etoile
Yep. It has a turret! :ahee:

At least it's a college some people have heard of :tongue:

Has a decent climbing spot too... :colone:
Original post by Oromis263
Excellent. I'd say the same, but I wouldn't wish to make you too jealous :wink: :biggrin:

Woooow. We should just go and laugh at the John's students :tongue:
I've got a volunteering placement with an organisation called City Year London - they do amazing work supporting kids in schools in disadvantaged areas. Starting next week :biggrin:
Yes I have seen the trailer, although I was disappointed by how short it was...just long enough to register that John looks silly with a moustache! :tongue:

Wow, that sounds like an amazing experience. :biggrin: Is that for the whole year then? Good luck for next week, I'm sure it will be great!
Haha, yes I think it's just a teaser trailer though because it doesn't come out until the end of October I believe. Definitely, I suppose with the love of his life gone, the only comfort John could seek is in going for a whole new look. I very much preferred him without though!
Original post by Etoile

Not many people can pull off the mustache look and I'm not sure if Freeman is one of them. I'd be seriously angry if they tried to change Cumberbatch though. :love:
Original post by chocoholic_x
Wow, that sounds like an amazing experience. :biggrin: Is that for the whole year then? Good luck for next week, I'm sure it will be great!
Haha, yes I think it's just a teaser trailer though because it doesn't come out until the end of October I believe. Definitely, I suppose with the love of his life gone, the only comfort John could seek is in going for a whole new look. I very much preferred him without though!

Yep for the whole year! Thanks :smile: Yeah I guess so. Poor John :cry:

Original post by Etoile

Yusss we've found another Sherlock fan!
I was actually saying to my friend yesterday - who is starting at Caius in October - that we should start a Sherlock society when we get there (as there's already a Doctor Who one so we felt that Sherlock was underrepresented) ...looks like we've got 4 members so far :tongue:

I was actually saying to my friend yesterday - who is starting at Caius in October - that we should start a Sherlock society when we get there (as there's already a Doctor Who one so we felt that Sherlock was underrepresented) ...looks like we've got 4 members so far :tongue:

Sounds like a great plan! We can try and solve a lot of mysteries and snort a load of cocaine - Sherlock Holmes style! :biggrin:
Reply 69
This thread needs more action!

Can't believe that we are actually Cambridge freshers!

(Although I'm sure most of the Internet would agree that it always seemed likely that you guys would make it *cough cough DJ/LOTF*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like a great plan! We can try and solve a lot of mysteries and snort a load of cocaine - Sherlock Holmes style! :biggrin:

Hahaha! :L By the time that I get to Cambridge, the How-did-Sherlock-survive mystery will be long since solved...hopefully there will be another series after this one though, and I wouldn't put it past them to end this series on another cliffhanger-mystery...
Original post by Etoile
I'm trying to buy the books at the moment, but I feel like I should start asap because my reading in German is so slow :colondollar:

Does everyone do the same books for German? Or have you received your reading list already?
Has anyone received a reading list (or similar) yet?
Reply 73
Not many people can pull off the mustache look and I'm not sure if Freeman is one of them. I'd be seriously angry if they tried to change Cumberbatch though. :love:

I don't think he can carry it off :lol: Nor can Benedict Cumberbatch though -

Spoiler

Same, I really like how he portays the character!

We should! I was actually saying that to my sister, then as a club we can crash the bar and demand they show series 3 when it finally airs! :lol:
Reply 74
Original post by Buongiorno
Does everyone do the same books for German? Or have you received your reading list already?

I just went by what was listed on the faculty website, since I presume they are the ones that set the syllabus/exams. It guess it might be different for people doing it ab initio, dunno? I haven't heard anything from my college though.

Original post by Oromis263

Has a decent climbing spot too... :colone:

Oh really?

You sounded likely Golem :tongue:

I stayed in North Court Cloisters with and en suite. That's a little odd, why?

What are the shower arrangements in South Court?

:lol:
Dunno, I just don't feel comfortable otherwise :dontknow:
It was 1 shower per maybe 4 rooms? There was a sink in the room though.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm a Sherlock fan but I'm at Emma :/
Hahaha! :L By the time that I get to Cambridge, the How-did-Sherlock-survive mystery will be long since solved...hopefully there will be another series after this one though, and I wouldn't put it past them to end this series on another cliffhanger-mystery...

Oh yeah, they have quite a few Holmes stories to go through yet though so hopefully they'll still keep them coming. Plus, Moffatt is retiring from writing Doctor Who soon isn't he? So you wouldn't think he'd let go of both his babies. But yes, cliff-hangers are very much possible I think. :tongue:

Original post by Etoile
I don't think he can carry it off :lol: Nor can Benedict Cumberbatch though -

Spoiler

Same, I really like how he portays the character!

We should! I was actually saying that to my sister, then as a club we can crash the bar and demand they show series 3 when it finally airs! :lol:

Aha, is that him in War Horse? Certainly not his best look. :tongue: And yes, all the actors in Sherlock, I find, are brilliant in their roles.

:eek: We should definitely do that! I have a friend who goes to 'the other place' and she says her roommates gather round together when a new episode of Sherlock is on. That would be even better if everyone in the bar were to all excitedly (or be forced into) watching Sherlock together!

Edit. Not sure which bar though?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm a Sherlock fan but I'm at Emma :/

Awesome! I don't think anyone of us are in the same college. :biggrin:
Reply 78

can I join? :biggrin:
Original post by lieseldante
Has anyone received a reading list (or similar) yet?

Today they sent me an email with my login details, and on the CamTools website, they have all sorts of announcements and forms you need to fill in. A revised reading list was included in mine.

Latest

Trending

Trending