The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by usycool1
Oh...that, yeah, of course! :flute:

As a mod, I really ought to know what this is all about but tbh, I have no idea :ninja:
It's a lovely idea. :h:

I was very happy to receive good luck for my upcoming GCSE results. Fingers crossed! :crossedf:

NaughtyMod :naughty:
Reply 1201
I'm one of the top ten posters in the GCSE forum, I have no idea how they calculated that.

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 1202
Can't decide on what I want to do at university and some people have already finished their personal statements! I need to decide faster but I feel like it's such a big decision. :ashamed2:
Reply 1203
Original post by Deziah
Can't decide on what I want to do at university and some people have already finished their personal statements! I need to decide faster but I feel like it's such a big decision. :ashamed2:
I'm kind of feeling the same right now. :frown:

What area are you thinking of?
I've booked to go on the September Open Days in Manchester, Durham and Bristol now :biggrin: I'm also torn about Nottingham..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J_95
Maths, Further Maths, and biology, what about you?

No way can I do further maths :frown: Too many exams :colone: Geography and the others are undecided yet :tongue:
Original post by Pandora.
Current Year 13 thread (2013/14) :bigsmile:
Brought to you by Pandora , Blueray2 and Usycool1
[scroll]:parrot:[/scroll]

It's time... our final year as a year group approaches... it's year 13! :zomg:

To celebrate, we have a number of things planned. :woo:

For those of you around in year 11, you may remember that we made a TSR Zoo with a picture drawn by each of us (look to usycool1's signature for a reminder). Well the good news is that we'll be doing it again! :biggrin: It won't be until towards the end of the year, but it's something to look forward to. Get thinking about what your favourite animals / which animal best represents you, and await more details later in the year! :smile:

We'll also be producing a year 13 yearbook towards the end of the year! This will end up in a collection of pages, each one belonging to a particular thread member and will be full of messages from other users on the thread, almost like those that a lot of us will have done at the end of year 11. If you're interested in being involved in this (and I really hope you are!), please PM me your interest from now until next April (date TBC). After that date, I'll publish a list of all members and you can send me your messages for each member ready to be compiled into the final yearbook pages. :smile:

If you have any other ideas for how to celebrate our final year together, please post them on the thread! We'd all love to do as many things as possible to make year 13 the best it can be! :awesome:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Best of luck for the coming year, and most importantly - ENJOY YOURSELF! :party2:

Just thought i'd make it bold you know :wink:
And i'll like to be involved in the year book, i'll send some quotes your way :biggrin:
Reply 1207
Original post by Blueray2
Just thought i'd make it bold you know :wink:
And i'll like to be involved in the year book, i'll send some quotes your way :biggrin:
Blueray you're the Almighty Creator of the Thread. You deserve a whole post to yourself. :wink:
Great! :biggrin:
Blueray you're the Almighty Creator of the Thread. You deserve a whole post to yourself. :wink:
Great! :biggrin:

What quotes have you got so far? :biggrin:
Reply 1209
Original post by Blueray2
What quotes have you got so far? :biggrin:
You'll be the first :colondollar:

If you've already got messages for a lot of members, just be aware that if certain members don't get involved they might not get used. Hopefully that won't be the case though. :awesome:
x

How does it work? And can I get involved without being in your year?:tongue: you can say no:lol:
Reply 1211
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How does it work? And can I get involved without being in your year?:tongue: you can say no:lol:
Basically, from now until April (I know it's months but there's no rush) anyone on the thread can PM to let me know they're interested - or just quote me - and I'll note it down. At a TBD date in April I'll PM everyone with a list of the involved members, and then everyone will have a certain amount of time to PM me back with a little (or long!) message of good luck/well done/etc to each member. :smile:
I think it's only fair that everyone involved makes a message for every other person, I don't want anyone left out. :smile:

I think you've done enough to warrant being involved :wink:
Original post by Endless Blue
I've booked to go on the September Open Days in Manchester, Durham and Bristol now :biggrin: I'm also torn about Nottingham..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god I may bump into you then haha - I'm going to the Bristol and Durham open days - I'm also visiting Nottingham to see if its really worth going back on my list
Basically, from now until April (I know it's months but there's no rush) anyone on the thread can PM to let me know they're interested - or just quote me - and I'll note it down. At a TBD date in April I'll PM everyone with a list of the involved members, and then everyone will have a certain amount of time to PM me back with a little (or long!) message of good luck/well done/etc to each member. :smile:
I think it's only fair that everyone involved makes a message for every other person, I don't want anyone left out. :smile:

I think you've done enough to warrant being involved :wink:

Well I'd like to do so :tongue:

So basically say I have a list of names, with a member called... Dig.

Dig: I wish you the best of luck, and hope you get into X university. You really deserve it. *memorable times* keep in touch! L'Evil Fish!

Like that?:tongue:
Reply 1214
Well I'd like to do so :tongue:

So basically say I have a list of names, with a member called... Dig.

Dig: I wish you the best of luck, and hope you get into X university. You really deserve it. *memorable times* keep in touch! L'Evil Fish!

Like that?:tongue:
Yep, you've got it! :biggrin:

It's probably a really cheesy idea, but I think It'd be a nice thing to do. :yep:
Yep, you've got it! :biggrin:

It's probably a really cheesy idea, but I think It'd be a nice thing to do. :yep:

What if I've never spoken to a member? Will it just be a good luck?
Reply 1216
What if I've never spoken to a member? Will it just be a good luck?
If you've never had any kind of contact then it's understandable, but a simple good luck would be nice. :smile: I very much doubt there'll be any complete strangers haha, I wouldn't allow it anyway. :tongue:
If you've never had any kind of contact then it's understandable, but a simple good luck would be nice. :smile: I very much doubt there'll be any complete strangers haha, I wouldn't allow it anyway. :tongue:

You wouldn't allow it!:rofl:

Yeah, it sounds great ^_^

Can I be on this list too please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
Lower GB = better results

Higher GB = worse results usually

I think they are low because many students couldn't cope with certain examinations this yr and across the board a lot of people failed. I wouldn't say they are generally good at my school

Not very well - 1 of my friends got 5As (but an extra A in his own on language)
Then I got 4As, then we had a few AABs and ABBs and then the rest seemed like U's E's D's and C's all over the place - it was generally because they didn't work hard though

Were you the only one with 4As at your school? :redface:

Latest