B - Mathematics
B - Additional science
C - Core Science
C- English language
C - English literature
C - History
C - Citizenship
Reply 6441
Does anyone else's school photographer from the local paper to come along?
So as well as worrying about the actual grades, I'll have to worry about my hair, outfit, and unattractivesuperscaredexpression - in case I'm caught on camera :eek: haha
I'm gonna go to sleep, fell asleep at 6 in the morning today (-_-') Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tingirl
So as well as worrying about the actual grades, I'll have to worry about my hair, outfit, and unattractivesuperscaredexpression - in case I'm caught on camera :eek: haha

Lol, well enjoy! :smile:
Hopefully youll do great
Original post by jabbadejab
Hi, if i get An A* tomorrow, i will probably only scrape it as im not amazing at maths. i have had to resit twice to get my other units from an a to an a* so im not that great at maths so cant really do further maths

For my Maths to come to where it is today I had.
D - in the November foundation paper
D - in the March foundation paper
B - in the June Higher Paper

Trust me that's 2 failures to make a win, don't be disheartened about your mathematical ability due to the past - rather focus on working hard, honestly if you work hard you will be fine with Further Maths AS-level. Take this from somebody who self-taught Further Maths AS this year all by myself, it was hard without an A* at GCSE but I still managed it.

The key is working hard, once you practice regularly you're bound to get great results.

I would strongly advise somebody aiming for Maths/Stats/Econ to take the Further Maths A-level
Reply 6445
Original post by Robbie242
Thank you :biggrin:

Mechanics 1 is a module part of the Maths or Further Maths A-level

I'll write them individually
4Dist* (A* equiv) - Media
Merit (A equiv) - ICT
B - Mathematics
B - Additional science
C - Core Science
C- English language
C - English literature
C - History
C - Citizenship

Wow so you really have proved that GCSEs aren't everything. How your marks have improved! I'm taking Economics, is it really difficult or?
Original post by Sea Bass
Wow so you really have proved that GCSEs aren't everything. How your marks have improved! I'm taking Economics, is it really difficult or?

Yup it's quite a rare occurrence though sadly :tongue:. It is quite hard - if you look at my marks and think percentages 160/200 is an A, so 162/200 I just scraped an A, but still overall it isn't a bad subject to have, and the revision isn't too hard you just need to keep focused and work hard on understanding the concepts and exam technique
Good luck to everyone on tsr tomorrow no matter what grades you get its not the end of your life, stay motivated and you will achieve your aspirations. :smile:
Original post by tingirl

Mine does.
That's why I'm grabbing my results, and running the hell out.
:cute:
Since you want to do maths/statistics/econ why not pick up Further Maths instead? PS mathematics is a science :tongue:

I find it quite degrading when people talk of Maths as a Science because it makes Maths appear as if it is below Science in general, when really Maths is its own separate field/area that is closely related to Science.Maths and Further Maths are Maths,Chemistry and Biology are Science and Physics is somewhere between its like a math-science.I'm taking all 3 maths to A-Level.
Reply 6450
Original post by Sea Bass
What time is everyone going to bed tonight??

Probably about 11:30 like normal, you?? :smile:
Good luck everyone! This will probably be my last post until after I've got my results, I hope everyone gets what they want! :smile:
Original post by Marz2312
Thats a good idea! I wish i could but i havnt recorded them and i dont have the DVDs. I dont know how im going to sleep tonight. Just super nervous :|

Why don't you read the books or sleep? I suggest read any book and then go to bed when you're sleepy go to bed :biggrin: And good luck :smile:
Original post by tingirl

I'm sick of attitudes like this- why can't people just be themselves?I'm going out in my normal clothes which consist of a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and I will not comb my hair.i haven't been out since the 3rd August so it will be a bit of fresh air.I don't go out now because I haven't got a bus pass and I have been stressing about results and I can't really be bothered.
All 3 Maths? (Maths, FM and AFM?)

Are you trying to basically say Maths is greater than the other sciences because that's not a very helpful or nice or logical opinion to have, they all have their own merits.

Yes Maths is different but it also holds stronger relationships with the other 3 sciences (especially physics) which in turn you can classify it as a science.

Btw I am arguing with someone who argues symbolic maths is the future of maths :rolleyes:

Physics is a Maths-Science so it counts for both and that means I'm taking all 3 maths.There are others but they aren't on other at my College like Statistics and Additional Further Maths.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm sick of attitudes like this- why can't people just be themselves?I'm going out in my normal clothes which consist of a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and I will not comb my hair.i haven't been out since the 3rd August so it will be a bit of fresh air.I don't go out now because I haven't got a bus pass and I have been stressing about results and I can't really be bothered.

Wooaaaah, that's not healthy. That's like 3 weeks indoors... :redface:

If you're photograph is taken and you look quite unflattering, and then it gets into the newspaper (and potentially the front page) for thousands of people to see - you're going to feel self conscious. It's human nature!
Physics is a Maths-Science so it counts for both and that means I'm taking all 3 maths.There are others but they aren't on other at my College like Statistics and Additional Further Maths.

Boy you're gonna be disappointed with the lack of sophisticated Maths in physics A-level :holmes:. I wouldn't classify Physics as a Maths A-level, I would classify Physics as well... Physics.

M, FM and AFM are the real 3 Maths A-levels

I'd keep that to myself if I were you.

Also, get a dog. Walk it daily.
Original post by snikutsmullac
If you're photograph is taken and you look quite unflattering, and then it gets into the newspaper (and potentially the front page) for thousands of people to see - you're going to feel self conscious. It's human nature!

It's also human nature to want to go outside, explore, move about etc...

Latest