The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The glories of non-intervention are exquisitely palpable in Syria.

We now mired in sectarian bloodshed which non-interventions said would happen with US intervention.
Reply 521
Original post by Lord Hysteria
The glories of non-intervention are exquisitely palpable in Syria.

We now mired in sectarian bloodshed which non-interventions said would happen with US intervention.

Do your homework - intervention started the conflict.

Meticulously organised and planned, i think we can safely say mainstream media has done a predictably poor job getting us the truth.
To all western slaves of pro Assad who keep polishing his shoes, this just happened yesterday, a father is crying because his children are under the rubble after Assad bombarded the area.
Original post by Rovey
Do your homework - intervention started the conflict.

Meticulously organised and planned, i think we can safely say mainstream media has done a predictably poor job getting us the truth.

I quote Amnesty:

Since the end of 2010, millions of people across the Middle East and North Africa region have taken to the streets to call for greater rights and freedom and the replacement of authoritarian regimes. In Syria, ruled with an iron hand by Hafez al-Assad from 1971 to 2000 and since then by his son Bashar al-Assad, small demonstrations were held in February but evolved into mass protests only in mid-March. Since then, the protests have spread nationwide on an unprecedented scale and with a momentum that shows no sign of abating despite severe government repression which ha s seen many hundreds of people killed. The protests have been largely peaceful, yet the Syrian authorities have responded in the most brutal manner in their efforts to suppress them. The security forces have repeatedly used grossly excessive force, using snipers to shoot into crowds of peaceful protesters and deploying army tanks to shell residential areas many are believed to have been shot by security forces using live ammunition while participating in peaceful protests or attending funerals of people killed in earlier protests. Thousands of other people have been arrested, with many held incommunicado at unknown locations at which torture and other ill-treatment are reported to be rife. Some, as this report details, have died in detention in highly suspicious circumstances

I think there is a latent racism in your logic. You cannot conceive of Arabs being capable of a genuine revolution without being "puppets" of the CIA and Mossad.
Reply 524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9UU_uONafGE

Can you spot the terrorist in the video? You get a rep if you can :tongue:

I cannot believe there are still some sickos on here who are still supporting Bashar after everything he has committed. Today alone he killed 1300 KIDS WITH CHEMICAL WEAPONS!

I bet there someone on hear who is going to be like "Oh whats the evidence?" Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

I am so shocked at the inhumanity of certain people...but again I could be totally wrong, God knows who is on the other end? maybe its a wee robot...

Kids killed with chemical weapons, I saw live coverage today of the events today! so disheartening!

What has the world come to? Letting him run riot and kill his own people...just because they wanted freedom and their dignity back.

p.s want some more evidence, I suggest you go to syria...and see for yourself that way its better :biggrin: you will see that everything is fine, there is no killing, there is no destruction, there is no blood, there is o dead bodies, its all nice and jolly!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 525
The Guardian had a number of skeptical chemical weapons experts look at the photos and videos and whilst they had previously not been convinced that chemical weapons had been used they have been now by this latest attack. Shame that UN team won't be able to look into this any time soon.
Original post by Ama2007
First of all, its not as simple as some here may think...

Its not a conflict, its a genocide been committed in syria, and "some" still call it conflict or civil war. When one side is been slaughtered and wiped out from existence you call that conflict?

Thus syria is complex matter and there are many misconceptions about the war in syria.
I think its digusting in this day and age we allow such a thing to happen and blind ourselves from the truth. Its not like a day or 2 of killing, its been going on for 2 years now and EVERYDAY there are hundereds that die in a horrific way, one man was buried alive infornt of his daughter because he didnt say Bashar was god! I could go on and on about the ways they torture peole in syria but I dont see the point. You have to see it yourself.

The only difference here is that the whole world is in silence no matter what we try to tell ourselves. When such crimes happen normally countries intervene in some way or send charities, the red cross doesnt even exist in syria, there is no medical aid (national) which what happens in war zones you send charities which are allowed to enter the country under national law. However, in syria the people are left to die a painful death, young or old. Its a disaster! It just goes to show how evil and twisted some arab leaders are. They are happy as long as they stay in power, whether for 40 years or some 50 years they will do anything to stay in power.

Bashar al-assad stated earlier on when the revolution started: He is prepared to kill the 23 million people if he has to...if thats what it takes to stay in power, he shall do it"

Maybe the world's free nations have learnt a lesson or two from Iraq. Whatever the West does in the middle east, it gets blamed for what happens afterwards. Maybe they're just saying "**** it, I've had enough - let them murder each other".
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 527
Original post by felamaslen
Maybe the world's free nations have learnt a lesson or two from Iraq. Whatever the West does in the middle east, it gets blamed for what happens afterwards. Maybe they're just saying "**** it, I've had enough - let them murder each other".

I have heard this excuse far too many times its becoming cliched now!!

It sickens me!!

Did you watch the video? No one is asking for intervention no one is asking for british troops in syria....today 1300 died...kids? you okay with that and to correct you, no one is killing each other, LOL its bashar massacring children thats the problem here.

Trust me if it was 2 armies fully equipped I would not give a toss!!
WHY? because they know what they are in for, they are prepared for it...you get what am saying? But murdering children thats what annoys me and if you are a human being then you should care as well...
Original post by Ama2007

It sickens me!!

Did you watch the video? No one is asking for intervention no one is asking for british troops in syria....today 1300 died...kids? you okay with that and to correct you, no one is killing each other, LOL its bashar massacring children thats the problem here.

WHY? because they know what they are in for, they are prepared for it...you get what am saying? But murdering children thats what annoys me and if you are a human being then you should care as well...

Yes, and I would also care about Kurds being massacred by Saddam Hussein, or Tutsis being wiped out by the Hutus, or the Sudanese, or the Cambodians... you get the idea.

What do you advocate if not intervention? What else could ​happen to get rid of Assad?
Syria is an extremely complex matter. On one side you have a dictator doing all he can to stay in power. He is supported by many Syrian civilians and a friend of mine who came to the UK a couple of months ago is one of them. He says Assad is the good guy in this who wants to prevent his country being overtaken by sunni extremists. My friend's an orthodox Christian and thus would be against this as he doesn't want his country to become like Saudi Arabia.
On the other hand you have several rebel groups. Many have the same basic ideologies whereas some fight each other. In many cases the rebel's actions are equal to that of Assad's.
As outsiders it is easy for us to say this 'sides' better but in reality both have 'negatives' and 'positives'.
Whilst my friend is no expert on the matter he refers to it as the order vs. chaos debate. Order and security but control and a dictator under Assad or Chaos and more bloodshed but democracy if Assad is overthrown.

^This is a very simplistic view also as it ignores international issues affecting the civil war also.
Original post by rowena97x
Syria is an extremely complex matter. On one side you have a dictator doing all he can to stay in power. He is supported by many Syrian civilians and a friend of mine who came to the UK a couple of months ago is one of them. He says Assad is the good guy in this who wants to prevent his country being overtaken by sunni extremists. My friend's an orthodox Christian and thus would be against this as he doesn't want his country to become like Saudi Arabia.
On the other hand you have several rebel groups. Many have the same basic ideologies whereas some fight each other. In many cases the rebel's actions are equal to that of Assad's.
As outsiders it is easy for us to say this 'sides' better but in reality both have 'negatives' and 'positives'.
Whilst my friend is no expert on the matter he refers to it as the order vs. chaos debate. Order and security but control and a dictator under Assad or Chaos and more bloodshed but democracy if Assad is overthrown.

^This is a very simplistic view also as it ignores international issues affecting the civil war also.

It is also a very simplistic view because it assumes that democracy would follow a revolution. Democracy could never follow a revolution by Sunni militants. Democracy would be anathema. It would be yet another dictator, and the same story over again. Like in Egypt.
It is also a very simplistic view because it assumes that democracy would follow a revolution. Democracy could never follow a revolution by Sunni militants. Democracy would be anathema. It would be yet another dictator, and the same story over again. Like in Egypt.

sorry, i should have specified that i did not mean true democracy, hence why i said chaos. what i mean is a false shadow of democracy that is manipulated by powerful individuals
Reply 532
Original post by Ama2007

It sickens me!!

What would you have us do?
Reply 533
"**** it, I've had enough - let them murder each other".

That is a common sentiment, and an understandable one.
Reply 534
Original post by Barksy
That is a common sentiment, and an understandable one.

Why intervene in Maila?

Simple...In Syria muslims are getting killed,

In Malia the west for some reason gets their nose in everything, even how to empty you r bladder? They are scared they will form an "islamic state" dude what is it to you? let them...I dont hear you raging war against a country who is very catholic?

We taxpayers are paying for some British soldiers to fight in Malia...So whats the difference? but then many people dont even know the brits are in mali!!

You see its not as simple as many people on TSR think, syria is complicated, lots of trash going on and lots of misconceptions so you go to search for the truth its not going to be handed to you on a plate!

People are getting massacred today, 2 years old and you are saying so what do we do?? lol if it was your friends or your child would you say the same, NO you wouldn't...I think the problem here lies in the fact that people don't care about things which dint affect them directly. Its true.

Seeing a girl get raped in front of you in town while passing by and not reporting it or telling someone? it will haunt you for the rest of your life. So seeing a crime and not doing anything about it is like you are encouraging which is exactly whats happening right now in syria if we had acted like we ought to then the 200,000 people would still be alive.

But we didnt thus we gonna pay the price, syria is not just in it you know? The whole world shall pay for their actions.

Don't underestimate the scale of this catastrophe in Syria.

Okay so lets say this was happening in America, lets say the indian americans were slaughtering the white/black americans...reached 200 a day...would you still say the same? i DOUBT!

Good night.
(edited 10 years ago)
Who things stinks of a false flag. Just as UN inspectors arrive in Syria.

:mad:

[video="youtube;bSAMT5Pe15k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAMT5Pe15k[/video]
[video="youtube;OFl0oRS2eA8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFl0oRS2eA8[/video]
Original post by Ama2007
Today alone he killed 1300 KIDS WITH CHEMICAL WEAPONS!

Really? Assad has developed a new type of chemical agent that can discriminate by age? There does appear to have been a significant chemical attack, but you destroy your credibility when you are careless with the facts. 1300 is the highest estimate for the total casualties, including men, women, and children, and even that remains unconfirmed.
Reply 538
Original post by Ama2007
Why intervene in Maila?

Simple...Syria muslims are getting killed,

Malia west for some reason gets their nose in everything, even how to empty you r bladder? They are scared they will form an "islamic state" dude what is it to you? let them...I dont hear you raging war against a country who is very catholic?

You see its not as simple as many people on TSR think, syria is complicated, lots of trash going on and lots of misconceptions so you go to search for the truth its not going to be handed to you on a plate!

People are getting massacred today, 2 years old and you are saying so what do we do?? lol if it was your friends or your child would you say the same, NO you wouldn't...I think the problem here lies in the fact that people don't care about things which dint affect them directly. Its true.

Seeing a girl get raped in front of you in town while passing by and not reporting it or telling someone? it will haunt you for the rest of your life. So seeing a crime and not doing anything about it is like you are encouraging which is exactly whats happening right now in syria if we had acted like we ought to then the 200,000 people would still be alive.

But we didnt thus we gonna pay the price, syria is not just in it you know? The whole world shall pay for their actions. Don't underestimate the scale of this catastrophic in syria.

Same excuse over and over again. first the veto then this....its all lies after lies...

Whenever we intervene in the Middle East, terrorism is dealt in return. Some gratitude. Why is it worth it from a UK perspective?

It isn't our job to police the world. If Assad falls, it will only be replaced by yet another Islamic basket case. Leave the region to it, we can't win either way. We should only intervene when British interests are at stake. Call me heartless, but that is what the British government is for.
Reply 539
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
Really? Assad has developed a new type of chemical agent that can discriminate by age? There does appear to have been a significant chemical attack, but you destroy your credibility when you are careless with the facts. 1300 is the highest estimate for the total casualties, including men, women, and children, and even that remains unconfirmed.

lol am not even going to waste my time putting you right...

so what happened to the 1300 oh let me think they all died of epidemic flu virus which just hit a specific area in syria. am not even going to go into the mechanics of chemical weapons and how they kill and how they spread because that would be a total waste!

Go find out please please...even the BBC has figures ~1000

People like you!!!

Dont wanna believe it so guess what? I will pretend it didnt happen, will good for you!

Latest

Trending

Trending