The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5360
thank god we have cech, sorry courtois maybe later ^^
Reply 5361
Stupid squeaky bum time...
Should of been a pen. You guys have been lucky.

Good game though, you were the better team. Here is to hoping you guys beat Manu. :bigsmile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ref's been abysmal.
Reply 5364
We got lucky as ****. Just typical chelsea stressing me out. Top of the league though :colonhash:
Reply 5365
Original post by charlie9872
Ref's been abysmal.

aww diddums.
Lukaku is so much better than Ba. He looked very good when he came on. Good defensive performance in the 2nd half. Surprised at how well the team we beat 8-0 played today.
Original post by Musester
aww diddums.

Ain't a Villa fan so I'm not particularly bothered, just stating the truth. Chelsea got lucky there.
Reply 5368
Original post by cleveradam
Lukaku is so much better than Ba. He looked very good when he came on. Good defensive performance in the 2nd half. Surprised at how well the team we beat 8-0 played today.

They did play well against us in the 2-1 last season too. Villa are a good team with young boys and they'll gain confidence from the first two games, they'll struggle vs midtable teams who won't be as attacking but they'll beat the whipping boys and put in performances vs us with that front 3 and delph being in good form too. The back 4 seem better than the last season.
Reply 5369

Phew.

Does anyone else also have grey hair after watching the 2nd half?
Reply 5370
Lol Jose's comments are absolutely hilarious. :lol:

"Benteke makes a lot of fouls and the opponent who plays against him has to make a lot of fouls.

"Paul Lambert reminds me of me at his age. Now I complain with some decisions, at his age I complained at every decision. Paul complains at every decision, I was the same. Benteke and Ivanivic, they are two giants, it was 50/50."
Reply 5371
whens the last time chelsea won a match fairly ffs
Reply 5372
Original post by Cable

Phew.

Does anyone else also have grey hair after watching the 2nd half?

It wasn't comfortable that's for sure. Infact both 2nd halves of the two games we've played haven't been good. At least Lukaku managed to make a difference today when he came on and drew the foul that led to the goal. Something needs to be done with Ba
Reply 5373
Original post by Tibbit
whens the last time chelsea won a match fairly ffs

Sunday, if you're going to be emotional about it. Personally tonight was 50/50 between Benteke and Ivanovic.
Original post by Musester
Sunday, if you're going to be emotional about it. Personally tonight was 50/50 between Benteke and Ivanovic.

It was 50:50 tussling and then one of them decided to elbow the other in the face.
Game stressed me out so much.

Main thing that annoyed me was how Ba was offside so much though!
Reply 5376
Meh, have no sympathy for Villa. Ref let them get away with GBH on saturday. Jus annoyed that it happened against you lots.
Original post by 419
Meh, have no sympathy for Villa. Ref let them get away with GBH on saturday. Jus annoyed that it happened against you lots.

You're still complaining? The only decision that was possibly wrong on Saturday was not giving Vlaar a second yellow.
Reply 5378
Original post by one2three_abc
It was 50:50 tussling and then one of them decided to elbow the other in the face.

First one Ivanovic elbowed him granted. Second one Benteke took his revenge, only difference is Ivanovic isn't a pussy.

Villa were fortunate on Saturday too. Swings and roundabouts.
Reply 5379
Original post by one2three_abc
You're still complaining? The only decision that was possibly wrong on Saturday was not giving Vlaar a second yellow.

Of course it was, when you watch the game with a tainted glasses.

Latest