That's cool!
Please quote me, please, when you upload them :biggrin:

Will do :smile:

Original post by TheKingOfTSR
That's cool!
Please quote me, please, when you upload them :biggrin:
Original post by DeathGuardElite

Book of Shadows - Charmed! :biggrin:

You seem to know a lot about religions. What do you think of Sikhism and Buddhism? I've read that both are pagan religions.

EDIT:
What are the negs for? Quote me? I'm sure I can clear up any misunderstandings. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BombshellBabe
Hey everyone! I'm just curious to know if there are any others out there with similar beliefs to myself or who would consider themselves to be part or these grouups who could share their experiences/beliefs and enlighten me on what it means to you :smile: But first I'll share with you my own pathway:

Before secondary school, I was a mild C of E Christian. I was in the church choir and sunday school. After joining secondary school and learning about Christianity in RE and about how loving the Christian God was, I decided to take it a step further and became confirmed in year 8. I have always loved people and nature and I was amazed at the things 'God' had created. I was young and naive and let's just say I didn't exactly read the small print. Anyway the school I went to was a Catholic school. You can probably see where this is going. We were all forced to do RE for GCSE and we followed a syllabus which basically was all about learning Lukes gospel word for word, then discussing the church's view on situiations in great depth. Oh and looking at crazy American evangelists. As if the syllabus wasn't enough to give me a bad impression of Christianity, after hearing what Catholics had to say about sex, abortion, homosexuality etc, I was outraged. How could the 'loving' God I had come to love through my 'faith' condemn the very people he created? (I also came out as bisexual around this point in time). I will never forget the lesson I ripped the cross and chain off my neck, stood on it and ran out for air. Which, looking back was kinda stupid because the gardens at my school were full of Mary and Jesus statues which made things worse. The God I once loved and admired, hated people like me who were OK with non-marital sex and OK with loving the same sex. I was totally lost. The next few months were the most confusing of my life so far. I rejected the God who rejected me, but I still admired the beauty of nature. It had a profound effect on me and I realised that this was where my beliefs were centred. Nature did not reject or judge, and it was beautiful and all-loving. And what's more, nature doesn't exactly care about sex before marriage or even homosexuality, because it is all natural :L So my curent beliefs centre around nature, its cycles, its balance, its purity, its power and its love :smile:

tl;dr I was Christian, went to Catholic school and it totally put me off. Now I'm Pagan :smile:

Now it's your turn :biggrin: x

Edit: Pagan Soc now has a welcome video (below)

I'm a Thelemite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ankabout
Book of Shadows - Charmed! :biggrin:

You seem to know a lot about religions. What do you think of Sikhism and Buddhism? I've read that both are pagan religions.

Sikhism is monotheistic and Buddhism is Atheistic neither can be classed as Pagan Buddhism replaced Chinese folk religion which can be seen as Pagan.

Original post by Calaelen418
I'm a Thelemite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well crap a Crowley follower.
Sikhism is monotheistic and Buddhism is Atheistic neither can be classed as Pagan Buddhism replaced Chinese folk religion which can be seen as Pagan.

Well crap a Crowley follower.

Hello DGE,
You should really stop boiling other people's blood by posting insulting hilarious posts about their Gods and stuff. Only orks do that :wink:

I wanted to ask you what do you feel the state of non existence after death would feel like? I have tried to imagine it from early childhood days and every time I do, I get a panic attack. My mind drifts off and went it comes back to reality everything seems so unreal. Maybe that's why I am having de-realization disorder.:frown:

But will it be pleasant (like what Buddhism states) .? Or will it be like just nothing?
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Hello DGE,
You should really stop boiling other people's blood by posting insulting hilarious posts about their Gods and stuff. Only orks do that :wink:

I wanted to ask you what do you feel the state of non existence after death would feel like? I have tried to imagine it from early childhood days and every time I do, I get a panic attack. My mind drifts off and went it comes back to reality everything seems so unreal. Maybe that's why I am having de-realization disorder.:frown:

But will it be pleasant (like what Buddhism states) .? Or will it be like just nothing?

lol my name DeathGuardElite is semi influenced by the Death Guard also from 40K :P

Dont worry mate i get it at times but i get a very odd issues which is mainly I seem to drift away to the deep part of my mind and everything feels very different and stuff but well we don't know atm. also when i get into those states i honestly feel more open to the world.

I cant tell you i know because if i did then well i'd be an idiot the Buddhist none existence would be alright but if you still believe in the afterlife you don't need to worry about it :smile:

If you have any issues like it please come to me i can help talk to you :smile:

If you feel you may want to well try Paganism I would help but I will never ever tell you what is not for you or what is for you well it goes against the ideas of Paganism.

Atm i am having a theocratic issue as i am unsure on what to believe but i am drawn to Norse Paganism :smile:

Original post by donutaud15

Hello you!
what religion are ya? XD
Hi all. Haven't posted here for a while (think I've only posted here a couple of times anyway!). But as I have a lot of free time now waiting for Uni to start I'm spending more time on TSR and hence on this thread. So hello :smile:
Original post by AlesanaWill
Hi all. Haven't posted here for a while (think I've only posted here a couple of times anyway!). But as I have a lot of free time now waiting for Uni to start I'm spending more time on TSR and hence on this thread. So hello :smile:

Hey :smile: May i ask what religion you are? so i know if the first thing i could tell you of are misconceptions or give you a normal welcome :P
lol my name DeathGuardElite is semi influenced by the Death Guard also from 40K :P

Dont worry mate i get it at times but i get a very odd issues which is mainly I seem to drift away to the deep part of my mind and everything feels very different and stuff but well we don't know atm. also when i get into those states i honestly feel more open to the world.

I cant tell you i know because if i did then well i'd be an idiot the Buddhist none existence would be alright but if you still believe in the afterlife you don't need to worry about it :smile:

If you have any issues like it please come to me i can help talk to you :smile:

If you feel you may want to well try Paganism I would help but I will never ever tell you what is not for you or what is for you well it goes against the ideas of Paganism.

Atm i am having a theocratic issue as i am unsure on what to believe but i am drawn to Norse Paganism :smile:

Hello you!
what religion are ya? XD

Catholic but also wiccan believer so I don't actually know lol XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Catholic but also wiccan believer so I don't actually know lol XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you cant be both namely as one is very against the other.
XD
Plus Catholic 10 commandments lol

If you wanna be a Wiccan then awesome if you wanna be a catholic then awesome? XD
Oh dear, I've been away from this thread a lot longer than I meant to. :s-smilie:

I definitely need to do a lot of reading and research to find out where I belong right now. I don't feel right just labelling myself as a Pagan but not really being able to go much further than that. I'm a very passionate person, and I need to find somewhere that will give me peace and morals to stop me from a downward spiral I feel I'm on.

I'm starting to be very worried about where I belong spiritually. I felt a lot 'safer', so to speak, when I was a Catholic. I had the moral base to keep me on the straight and narrow and I felt very happy, but eventually the restrictions and dogma began to be a bit too much for me, I didn't feel comfortable with it all. So now I'm struggling to work out whether I belong in Paganism or elsewhere. I want to say that "Buddhism has interested me", but that sounds a lot more flippant than I mean it to be. I just need the time to do research to try and sort this mess out, but I can't find the time right now. I really need to, too. :frown:
Well you cant be both namely as one is very against the other.
XD
Plus Catholic 10 commandments lol

If you wanna be a Wiccan then awesome if you wanna be a catholic then awesome? XD

I pick and choose. plus I've already broken Catholic commandments by marrying a wiccan. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pandora.
Oh dear, I've been away from this thread a lot longer than I meant to. :s-smilie:

I definitely need to do a lot of reading and research to find out where I belong right now. I don't feel right just labelling myself as a Pagan but not really being able to go much further than that. I'm a very passionate person, and I need to find somewhere that will give me peace and morals to stop me from a downward spiral I feel I'm on.

I'm starting to be very worried about where I belong spiritually. I felt a lot 'safer', so to speak, when I was a Catholic. I had the moral base to keep me on the straight and narrow and I felt very happy, but eventually the restrictions and dogma began to be a bit too much for me, I didn't feel comfortable with it all. So now I'm struggling to work out whether I belong in Paganism or elsewhere. I want to say that "Buddhism has interested me", but that sounds a lot more flippant than I mean it to be. I just need the time to do research to try and sort this mess out, but I can't find the time right now. I really need to, too. :frown:

you do realise you lead the pagan society?
Plus a few of the pagans i have met in the society are very unsure of their beliefs.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccaandpaganismbasics/u/WPBasics.htm
I pick and choose. plus I've already broken Catholic commandments by marrying a wiccan. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

21 and married.....*very slow shrug* XD Well its your life.
you do realise you lead the pagan society?
Plus a few of the pagans i have met in the society are very unsure of their beliefs.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/wiccaandpaganismbasics/u/WPBasics.htm
Thanks for the link. :smile:

I was thinking about that, actually - would you like to take over as society leader? It's easily done, and you're brilliant at promoting Paganism as it is. I've been hoping to pass in on to someone for some time as I don't feel comfortable leasing the society any more when I'm not sure about my beliefs.
Original post by Pandora.
Thanks for the link. :smile:

I was thinking about that, actually - would you like to take over as society leader? It's easily done, and you're brilliant at promoting Paganism as it is. I've been hoping to pass in on to someone for some time as I don't feel comfortable leasing the society any more when I'm not sure about my beliefs.

If there isn't a better person i guess i would do it cause i think i am one of the only active ones :/
If there isn't a better person i guess i would do it cause i think i am one of the only active ones :/
Thanks - I'll get it sorted now. There isn't much to leading it, really. :h:
21 and married.....*very slow shrug* XD Well its your life.

indeed it is. In fact ive been married since I was 19. life is good.

btw you really make new people on this thread feel welcome!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending