The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Bobby2
Hey guys, does anyone think that I will stand a chance of getting an AAB offer from York for biochemistry, if I'm predicted ABB in psychology, biology and chemistry?

It's worth a shot since your predictions are close. You start with 5 choices so you can afford to have a 'high risk' option or two. If you get an offer, that risk would've paid off. If not, you should still have other options to fall back on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2281
Missed an A in economics by 2 raw marks..what's the possibility of unit 4 increasing by 2 after a remark?
Reply 2282
Original post by Huntx
Missed an A in economics by 2 raw marks..what's the possibility of unit 4 increasing by 2 after a remark?

Get a photocopy script, go over it with your teacher and get a remark if your teacher thinks it's possible.
2 marks is nothing, should be possible

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 2283
Original post by adi19956
Get a photocopy script, go over it with your teacher and get a remark if your teacher thinks it's possible.
2 marks is nothing, should be possible

I've already sent it for priority but was thinking that if they gave me 2 marks my grade would change and they don't get remark money. Do you think they do this or are they fair? Last time I needed 7 ums and got 6.
Reply 2284
Original post by Huntx
I've already sent it for priority but was thinking that if they gave me 2 marks my grade would change and they don't get remark money. Do you think they do this or are they fair? Last time I needed 7 ums and got 6.

It's remarked by a senior examiner who will give their judgement on the mark regardless of where the boundary is. This examiner gets paid whether the board does or not so I doubt they care

Reply 2285
I got 260 ucas points (not good) and in one of my AS I got an E (20ucas points) so have I got 280 ucas points and be accepted onto course with 280...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2286
Original post by qr95
I got 260 ucas points (not good) and in one of my AS I got an E (20ucas points) so have I got 280 ucas points and be accepted onto course with 280...

Depends on where the UCAS points have to come from. Some will only count points from 3 A-levels.
Reply 2287
Original post by Exon
Depends on where the UCAS points have to come from. Some will only count points from 3 A-levels.

Thanks
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Retake a module? I doubt a re-mark will boost you up 4 whole UMS, but you might as well try, eh?

So I sent it off for a remark. I get the result next week.

I need 3 raw marks out of 100.

I can still retake it though, right? D:
Original post by TheAsian
So I sent it off for a remark. I get the result next week.

I need 3 raw marks out of 100.

I can still retake it though, right? D:

3 raw marks, that's not that many. Best of luck!

Yeah, I'm sure you could retake a module in upper sixth. :tongue:
Reply 2290
Can anyone know the marks in a levels Cambridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2291
Original post by AserO.
Can anyone know the marks in a levels Cambridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't know unless you declare it, but you'll have to declare it for Cambridge as well as some other university courses

hi guys
i can go to birmingham foundation or coventry year 1
which one do you think is a better option
Original post by Desperation
hi guys
i can go to birmingham foundation or coventry year 1
which one do you think is a better option

What course are you wanting to do? And have you visited both universities? Have you researched the course thoroughly? If so, you should have some preference for one over the other :smile:
Original post by abzy1234
What course are you wanting to do? And have you visited both universities? Have you researched the course thoroughly? If so, you should have some preference for one over the other :smile:

ofc i want birmi more but the problem is the extra year
maybe going to coventry and than doing the master at a top uni would be better i dont know
Reply 2295
Can you get into medicine with BBBC at AS
Original post by tsrking
Can you get into medicine with BBBC at AS

Hi there, by no means an expert and I would recommend repeating the question on a more relevant forum.

However in my experience no, it would be very difficult to gain any offers with those grades unless their were extenuating circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2297
Original post by Alex Bampton
Hi there, by no means an expert and I would recommend repeating the question on a more relevant forum.

However in my experience no, it would be very difficult to gain any offers with those grades unless their were extenuating circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your experience and even if i were predicted AAA????
Reply 2298
Original post by tsrking
What is your experience and even if i were predicted AAA????

The thing with medicine is that everyone is predicted >AAA. I know multiple people who've been rejected from all four with AAAA at AS level.
However, if your personal statement is phenomenal, your work experience beyond belief, and your enthusiasm at interview insane. Then yeah, you could get offers.
I take it you've done chemistry, biology and something like physics or maths?
Reply 2299
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
Haha, it's fun isn't it? :biggrin: And yeah, I think that's something both of us will have to do... Go over chemistry, and for me maths as well! :L Which bits are you feeling a bit hazy on? I think it's the organic stuff in chem for me and some of the electrochemical cell stuff as well... I think I will pick either molecules in action or a maths module... I don't know yet, but am leaning towards molecules in action because it sounds really interesting and we get to do quite a bit of maths in Core Chem B anyway... Which option module were you thinking of doing, aside from German obvs? :smile:)

I'm quite looking forward to doing German for scientists actually, I was worried it would have like loads of literature in it but it sounds a bit like doing more challenging GCSE writing assignments, if you know what I mean? :smile: It'll be fun to do German again!! That's something I should go over a bit again as well lol!

Ooooo, I know!! :biggrin: It's going to be such a special, once-in-a-lifetime event isn't it? I always imagine it being really formal and hallowed if you get what I mean... Kind of like the Sorting in Harry Potter to keep in theme with what you were saying! :biggrin: Yeah no Collingwood don't wear gowns... Just smart clothes! It'll be fun to see so many colleges in their gowns on the day though! :biggrin:

Ohhh thank you so much!!! :biggrin: I am very happy with them, and am just glad that A levels ended the way they did! :smile:) I'm glad C4 went better for you than you thought it did as well! It's the best when that happens! :biggrin:D

It is indeed :tongue: Hmm well I think need to firstly just read a bit and get my head back into chemistry mode! But now you mention it, electrochemical cells and redox stuff is probably one of my weaker areas... Deffo need to look over a bit of organic as well! Ah no I'd forgotten about maths :tongue: I've probably already forgotten everything! But I bet it will all come back once I look over it a bit... :smile:

I'll probably either pick molecules in action or a biology module, maybe the cell biology one? But maths is tempting me as well! Good point about the maths in Core Chem B though, just had a look and there is quite a bit! Ah yes I'm looking forward to German! How did you find the module? I've had a look but I can't figure out which one I would be doing :frown: Sounds good though, I've been a bit worried about there being loads of lit as well, for some reason we never did any at my school and I'm not sure I'd like it :tongue:

Yes, I totally get what you mean... This had better live up to our expectations!!

Yay, me too! :biggrin: Haha yes, I think I was saved by low grade boundaries! :tongue:

Latest