The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nikp3
I am really crapping it. Especially after looking at the grade boundaries. :frown: I can only hope for the best. Good luck by the way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been stalking the exam boards and I'm crying honestly :frown: It's so scary, but I hope everyone meets their goals!
Reply 6821
I want to sleep so the day can just be here already! The wait is making me more and more scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6822
Good luck everyone! :smile:
I'm so nervous I can't tell if I'm warm or cold
Original post by aasvogel
Hahaha that's true! I'm trying to imagine saying Aoife in any English accent. :lol: It must be a wee bit more popular if the girl from The Saturdays called her daughter that? (just ignore the fact I know that. :wink: )

It's sort of "Eeeeyuf" at best :lol: I tried to get a drink at Starbucks and the poor girl who had to tell me my drink was ready must have had a heart attack seeing that many vowels in one name :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I studied German in Y9 in a Fast-Track-I got to choose it in Y7 to complete the GCSE in Y9 I had to choose out of German,Art, Technology or Performing Arts and although, I hated languages I chose it because I knew I was terrible at practical skills and I got an A in it 2 years early and I never would have got an A in the other 3 subjects but it was so stressful.In Science,I studied Core for the first year and Additional for the second so I got my Core result a year early which was an A* despite getting a Grade B in C1 and P1 in January.My School decided to let us do English a year early so I completed Language and Literature a year early and got A*s in both due to a lot of effort and some revision but not excessive because its not easy to revise English.

fair enough, what are you expecting in your gcse results overall? like how many A* etc.
Original post by allypetal
My heart is racing and I know there isn't a chance in heaven I'm going to get a wink of sleep. How does everyone else feel about tomorrow? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you will be fine trust me. I remember that feeling 2 years ago :rolleyes: but if you put in the effort for your GCSEs then your bound to see good grades. Good luck :smile:!
Reply 6827
Original post by shafkat123
I'm so nervous I can't tell if I'm warm or cold

at least you're not camping like qr
Original post by Dalek1099
I think my ratings are similar to this-if I get a B I will certainly be beating myself mentally and I've always thought of an A as not a fail but just about acceptable but I still value A*s highly unlike Asians.

chill bro, don't get worked up for a B.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Millerman
is it an advantage for people who do kore gcse, when applying for uni???

You need the core GCSEs to get into any university. English and Maths are a must, Science also is generally.

A-Levels however no, you do not need to do core subjects to get into a uni. Only A-Levels related to the course you want to do will benefit you. English is a good A-Level to have though if you decide to do History, Geography or a subject as such.
Original post by meadhbh 3
Lol! Sounds smart! My post man comes when he feels like really :smile: I thought "best not rush him" his usual time it between 2-5, I do not have that much patience left in me now!

That's far too late! Get it over with early and enjoy the rest of the day. :smile:
Reply 6831
I've attempted to sleep but it's not working

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm screwed. You're fine. There.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't have done worse than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to collect my results at 10am which is quite ironic because that is the time I was going to go if the school didn't inform me of what time to go because I went at 10.30 last year and thought that because we are the Y11s we should receive ours first 10.00 am seemed to be a good time to go.I'm still going to go 5-10 mins early because there are about 180 pupils in our year I think, it wasn't as many as that at the start but a lot of people joined the year in Y9-Y11.
(edited 10 years ago)
Right I'm going bed now so best of luck to us and please feel free to PM about any concerns or worries tomorrow morning! :cool:
Original post by NiiNaa_
The exam was okay. I got my actual marks whereas my friend got an overall percentage so I guess it depends on the school. We hope for an A*. What about you? :smile:

Lol sorry about the late reply..urm got an A in performance and an A* in composition so I guess we'll see! Hoping for an A if not an A*. Let me know what you get :smile: x
Original post by yellowcopter
You need the core GCSEs to get into any university. English and Maths are a must, Science also is generally.

A-Levels however no, you do not need to do core subjects to get into a uni. Only A-Levels related to the course you want to do will benefit you. English is a good A-Level to have though if you decide to do History, Geography or a subject as such.

cheers, what about people who do like 16 and then others who only do 10. is that an advantage or not?
Reply 6838
Original post by Mo Hoosen
I've been stalking the exam boards and I'm crying honestly :frown: It's so scary, but I hope everyone meets their goals!

You'll be fine!

I've just finished my AS subjects, and between GCSE results day and AS results day, I haven't really used my GCSE results at all. Most of my job interviews this year have been based on what I'm like as a person rather than my academic side!

If you're worried about universities, while GCSEs are important, they're not the end of the world if you slip up!
As my teachers say, students can change and mature a lot between their GCSEs and AS levels, with students who achieved low GCSE grades turning them round to fantastic grades at A level, and universities are aware of this!

Good luck to all of you! :smile: And make sure you all get some sleep!
Reply 6839
I can show a picture if you want of my tent

Latest