The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
How do you cope? Do you not run out of 'new' clothes?

That's true, its very rare to see a yellow suit available to buy. I actually recently bought a blue suit, blue suits are the best tbh

Of course you do. I mean you mix and match for a while, and then you realise that the girl who sits two away from you has worn that outfit twice this week and you stop caring. As long as what your wearing is clean and you didn't wear any of it in the last couple of days, no problem
Original post by Endless Blue
I don't think I will be able to fit everything I want to into 4000 characters :frown: Although I've not properly looked at it yet.
I think a 5000 limit would be perfect form me (I've got like 4200 but Its not finished)

Original post by furryface12
I think I'll do that in a day or two, I'll go back through once more tomorrow and make sure it's all as concise and possible, then give it to them to have a go at while I make a start on my EPQ :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
arghhh My EPQ is driving me nuts I feel like I've done enough research, least for one of the parts, I just don't know how to start it :/

Original post by fizzypoppop
okay, i need opinions
shall i even bother applying to do natsci at unis
i got 12a* 1A at GCSE
3As in bio, german+general studies
B in maths
C in chem for my AS results?!
dont know what to do, anything would be appreciated

I think so. Though I may depend on where you were hoping to do. Especially as most Unis don't count Genral studies. So you'd have AABC. Could you drop Chem and retake a module of Maths to boost the grade?
It doesn't seem like a year since GCSE results...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soontobesuper
I think a 5000 limit would be perfect form me (I've got like 4200 but Its not finished)

Better than me- I have 5800 and that's down from 6500! It was when I realised that I could delete my entire longest paragraph and it still wouldn't be short enough that I was scared!

arghhh My EPQ is driving me nuts I feel like I've done enough research, least for one of the parts, I just don't know how to start it :/

I haven't even researched it, or asked the teacher if I can change topics yet! Well I did try to email him, but it didn't work :s-smilie: He'll have to be fine with it... Maybe just write some of the middle sections, then come back to the beginning at the end? Not that it usually works for me, but people always used to tell me to do that for essays and things so it could do :tongue:

(edited 10 years ago)
It doesn't seem like a year since GCSE results...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed! Yet for me, results day this year seems like a month ago. How has it only been a week?! :lolwut:
furryface12 Were you going to add something? :smile: Ohh wait I've worked out what you've done
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Another one for maths, they're looking lonely :wink:

Spoiler

Oh wow! then I definitely suggest TSR's service. I haven't used it myself but will when I'm finished. When did you start the EPQ? And how long have you got? I think wefinish in December, but that's after the presentation and what not. What do you want to change to and from?
what are you guys expecting the final year of a-levels to be like?
Reply 1289
Original post by maryamzahid
what are you guys expecting the final year of a-levels to be like?

Unbelievable pressure and pretty difficult depending on the subject you're studying. It'll probably get harder for me since in retaking 11 exams
Original post by SyedaK
Unbelievable pressure and pretty difficult depending on the subject you're studying. It'll probably get harder for me since in retaking 11 exams

11? WOAH good luck seriously I understand I'm retaking a few as well. What subjects you studying then out of curiosity?
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Spoiler

Reply 1292
Hi guys :smile:

Just to let you know, L'Evil Fish achieved 8A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C in his GCSE results.

Congratulations! :party2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1293
Fellows fellows, I got AAABC in my AS results, with As in Maths, Further Maths and Physics, B in Politics and C in Chemistry.
My school doesn't allow to do further maths at A2 and I hate politics so I am dropping down to Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Should I bother attempting to apply to Imperial for Computer Science?
furryface12 Were you going to add something? :smile: Ohh wait I've worked out what you've done

Sorry, I tried to edit it but my internet died :tongue: I'll do it in a sec...

Original post by Lucy96
Agreed! Yet for me, results day this year seems like a month ago. How has it only been a week?! :lolwut:

I know! Had enough of exams and results now, they can go away and someone can find some new way of torturing us :yep:

Edit: Done it now, hopefully that makes more sense :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pandora.
Hi guys :smile:

Just to let you know, L'Evil Fish achieved 8A*s, 5As, 1C and 1C in his GCSE results.

Congratulations! :party2:

Wow!! Well done fishy, wherever you've disappeared to :dance:
Oh wow! then I definitely suggest TSR's service. I haven't used it myself but will when I'm finished. When did you start the EPQ? And how long have you got? I think wefinish in December, but that's after the presentation and what not. What do you want to change to and from?

We were meant to start it before the summer, but I wasn't in school for most of the 'lessons' so I haven't yet- I'll start planning/researching later I think. I'm changing it to about how scientific theories (particularly ones about the universe) change over time, we finish towards the end of next year sometime, they still had presentations going on after people left this year :tongue: What's yours on?
We were meant to start it before the summer, but I wasn't in school for most of the 'lessons' so I haven't yet- I'll start planning/researching later I think. I'm changing it to about how scientific theories (particularly ones about the universe) change over time, we finish towards the end of next year sometime, they still had presentations going on after people left this year :tongue: What's yours on?

Ah I see. Same, well I had a couple of meetings with my supervisor. We have some mass presentation afternoon where we'd present it to the yr 12's, so everybody does it then. That's a great title! Mine's how much the Obesity epidemic is solely to with Western diets and lifestyle, so comparing it with other less developed parts/countries and all
Ah I see. Same, well I had a couple of meetings with my supervisor. We have some mass presentation afternoon where we'd present it to the yr 12's, so everybody does it then. That's a great title! Mine's how much the Obesity epidemic is solely to with Western diets and lifestyle, so comparing it with other less developed parts/countries and all

Wow, how many of you are doing it then? Yours is really good, so do you want to do medicine then? Or geography? Also, how long does the presentation even have to be?
Reply 1299
I. Hate. Functions.

:mad:

Latest