The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harukahattori
Im in Block E at Hawthorns :smile: What block are you?

Block W at Hawthorns:biggrin:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 281
Original post by Daisia
Yay! :biggrin: It's quite difficult finding other people on the single honours degree! :redface: Have you got your accommodation sorted?

I know seems a rare choice and I'm commuting. Have you done your module selection yet?

Nope, although the IT guys have said that we should have our IT details by the end of this week.

Original post by Rolo 21
x

You can do it either over the phone (to the finance office I think) or over the internet but you need your IT login details for that. If you don't have your IT details yet, you should get them in the next few days.
Reply 283
Original post by calliek13
I know seems a rare choice and I'm commuting. Have you done your module selection yet?

No, I haven't got the login details to actually choose yet, I'm assuming they're emailing us with them at some point :s-smilie: Have you?
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Yep. Block B.

I thought I'd ask you as you've already gone through the arrival process. I'll be getting there by taxi from SOT train station mid-morning, are there places to drop bags etc. whilst you enrol?

And, do I take it you collect your keys (for on-campus accommodation) from the hall itself after enrolling?

I enrolled mid-morning as well, and there are loads of people around, student ambassadors etc who'll be able to give you a hand. I don't know about having space to drop your bags, you might be best posting on the Keele Freshers facebook group, or dropping one of the elected officers an email - Dan McCarthy Stott is Welfare VP, so will be able to sort something out for you if you need it! I imagine there must be something in place, there are loads of people in the same position.

When you enrol, they give you your Keele card, and when I started we had to pick our keys up from the social space in the halls we're placed in. In hawthorns, the social space is directly opposite B block, so you'll be able to get the taxi to drop you right outside :smile: As far as I'm aware, the RSA's will be on hand that first day, so will be able to help you move your stuff in :smile:

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'd definitely get in touch with the SU and see what they can suggest :smile:
Original post by tmmd
On the pre enrolment, what sort of picture do you have to put, Is it like a passport photo or any?

It needs to be passport size-ish, but you can smile - most people just snap a nice one, or scale down their profile picture from facebook. Make sure you like it though, you'll have it for at least 3 years!

It doesn't matter if you don't do it before, they can take a photo when you enrol on the first day to put on the card, it just takes away the hassle when you enrol. to do it before.

Good Luck!
Original post by GeorgieGee
x

Thanks, just thrown them a quick e-mail. :biggrin:
Reply 287
Original post by Daisia
No, I haven't got the login details to actually choose yet, I'm assuming they're emailing us with them at some point :s-smilie: Have you?

Have you had the pre-enrolment email yet ? You should of had an email asking you to pre enrol through e vision plus a separate email with your user name and password. I've had them all but I had a unconditional offer so firmed months ago.
Hi, I'm about to begin the mPharm degree at Keele in September and am wondering if there are any musicians in this thread also beginning Keele this September. I would like to form a Band as I'm myself a lead Vocalist and play a bit of Rhythm/ Bass. Also just like to wish everyone Goodluck with their time at Keele. Should be good.

Hamzah

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone in Hawthorns next year (blocks A-F at least) here are some pictures of my room when I left it - found them floating around on my laptop. I was in E block. Just to give you an idea of space etc! Sorry I couldn't get it all in one pic!
P1030824.jpgP1030829.jpgP1030825.jpg
x

That room looks huge compared to some of the pictures I've seen! Great. :biggrin:

I just love the lone box of malteasers on the desk..
Reply 291
Anyone in Templar House in Hawthorns?
Reply 292
For anyone in Hawthorns next year (blocks A-F at least) here are some pictures of my room when I left it - found them floating around on my laptop. I was in E block. Just to give you an idea of space etc! Sorry I couldn't get it all in one pic!

Looks pretty decent as I've heard Keele's rooms are small but this one looks to have a good amount of space! And the walls are white! I looked at Lindsay - the walls were orange...

This is a bit of a silly question, but is a small bin provided in the room or do I need to get one?
Original post by HarryMWilliams
That room looks huge compared to some of the pictures I've seen! Great. :biggrin:

I just love the lone box of malteasers on the desk..

Yeah, the old blocks are the best for size! If you ever get bored of the block go and nosy at a friends in V,W,y or Z - their rooms are teeny tiny and it'll make life great!

Yeah, I have an awful malteaser addiction
Original post by Crabbiey
Looks pretty decent as I've heard Keele's rooms are small but this one looks to have a good amount of space! And the walls are white! I looked at Lindsay - the walls were orange...

This is a bit of a silly question, but is a small bin provided in the room or do I need to get one?

Yeah, I got lucky! Well, they are more of an off-white/cream colour (i guess the dirt doesn't show up as bad then!). Yeah, I'm in Lindsay in September and was freaking out, but apparently they are slowly doing campus up, so hopefully the orange walls will be gone for good come September!

yep, but it's teeny tiny (end of the bed in my first picture you can just see the top.) I would recommend maybe getting a bigger plastic one - IKEA do pretty sturdy ones and cheap :smile: all depends on how much rubbish you generate/whether you can be bothered emptying your bin every day i guess!
Original post by Sammz_94
Hey, I too have been accepted at The Oaks but I'm studying Geog & Env Sci

Nice, whereabouts in Oaks :smile:
Reply 296
Yeah, the old blocks are the best for size! If you ever get bored of the block go and nosy at a friends in V,W,y or Z - their rooms are teeny tiny and it'll make life great!

Yeah, I have an awful malteaser addiction

Aw crap! :frown:

I'm in Z :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm a fresher who's starting undergrad medicine this September. Any other Medic's on here? :smile:
x

Who doesn't have an awful malteaser addiction?! :curious:
Reply 299

Do you know if Horwood's similar? I'm there but never got to see it!

Quick Reply

Latest