History A*
Geography A*
R.E. A*
Physics A
Language A
Lit A
Sports B
Economics B

Are these good enough for top unis like Oxbridge and LSE??????!!!!???????!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have thought so - when applying for uni I believe A level results are the principal focus anyway, rather than GCSEs.
Original post by aasvogel
Yay!

Yay! :banana: Well done to you too! :biggrin:
A* in English Lit and B in Maths. . .life is good again :smile:
WOAH IM SO SURPRISED AT MINE!!! I got 6A's 2B's 1C ------- A's in : ICT, SCIENCE CORE, SCIENCE ADD , ENGLISH LIT , ENGLISH LAN AND HISTORY
B's in : Maths and Economics and C in French ( i hated french)...

The most annoying thing is i got 179 in WJEC ICT. I needed 180 for A* FFS... Is there any chance of gaining 1 mark in a remark for the exam for ICT? Or is ICT like maths and science (the answers are set answers)
Reply 7224
Original post by goldenshades
A* in English Lit and B in Maths. . .life is good again :smile:

awesome, well done :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
If it's just 2 marks then probably, yes! I'm not all clued up on remarks though, so your teachers will know best :smile:

You can still do medicine with those grades, don't worry and well done! :smile:

Right, thanks! And can I do medicine with those grades? (like go to UCL).
Original post by NikolaT
I'm predicting 5A*/4A/1B at GCSE.

Original post by NikolaT
Incoming long-winded question:
3A*s, 5As, 2Bs at GCSE. Not really ideal for a top 20 or RG university, but might be what I'll be getting.

Original post by NikolaT
Out of curiosity: I'm in a secondary school with a Sixth Form. It's completely expected that everyone who sits GCSEs and intends to do A-levels will get good enough grades to attend the Sixth Form.

What happens if you don't get the threshold? Can you still look around for colleges in a hurry? Or is that it? :frown:

Ladies and gentlemen... there is a god.

7A*3A. :biggrin:
Reply 7227
Original post by Teh Smart One
WOAH IM SO SURPRISED AT MINE!!! I got 6A's 2B's 1C ------- A's in : ICT, SCIENCE CORE, SCIENCE ADD , ENGLISH LIT , ENGLISH LAN AND HISTORY
B's in : Maths and Economics and C in French ( i hated french)...

The most annoying thing is i got 179 in WJEC ICT. I needed 180 for A* FFS... Is there any chance of gaining 1 mark in a remark for the exam for ICT? Or is ICT like maths and science (the answers are set answers)

Hi there, great results you should be very pleased. I recommend getting a remark, I was in a similar position to you last year and got a remark, thankfully it payed off :smile:
These are my Grades all together from year 9 to year 11....

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Maths: A*
Geography: A*
History: A*
English Literature: A* (cant believe it!!)
RE: A*
English Lang: A
Economics: A
French: A
Humanities: B

im soo happy cuz i think i have a chance of doing medicine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaaay!!!!!!
Original post by rosegarden
Exactly how i feel! Yeah you're right we do have time and A-Levels will probably put a whole different slant on things!

How did you do?
Here is the breakdown of my results:
Triple Science: A*A*A* (FULL MARKS IN CHEMISTRY 320/320)
Arabic: A*
Economics: A*
Humanities: A*
FSMQ: A
English lang&lit: A*A*
Art & Design: A*
AS Arabic: B (but i did it (and A2) in Year 9. Overall got a C, but not happy with that so i'll just mention the AS)
ICT BTEC: Distinction*

I hope that i can enter medicine with these however do you think that my results match those of the average medical student in Oxbridge?
I got:
7 A*s (+2 that I already had in Maths and Astronomy)
2 As (in History and ICT)

Plus:
A^ in the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths thingy majiggy
A in AS Maths - 95 in C1, 83 in C2 and 100 in S1 (I'm going to retake the C2)

So:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Also: I got full marks overall in Biology and Physics!! (missed it by 6 UMS for Chem, all of which I lost on the same exam arghh)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by marie farie
Full results are: (SOOO PLEASED)
12 A*
1 A
A LEVEL ARABIC: C

Well done!!!! u know who i am!!!! :smile::smile::smile:
i need help cos this business is really annoying me. i got a B overall but the thing is my CCA was moved from an A* to a C when moderated. this is the same for my whole year. help cos i really wanted an A* in economics and now ive got a B???
Original post by joneso007
I would have thought so - when applying for uni I believe A level results are the principal focus anyway, rather than GCSEs.

What about these?

A*’s:
-Physics
-Biology

A’s:
-Chemistry
-Mathematics
-Electronics
-History
-English Language
-English Literature
-Philosophy and Ethics
-Core Science

Distinction *’s(A at a-level):
-IT(Qcf) BTEC Level 3

Distinctions(A* GCSE) :
-DiDA Level 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my year 10 results today and compared the statistics one with the edexcel grade boundaries for this year.. Does this mean that i was one mark away from an A*??
Thanks

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377167372.847851.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1377167380.842545.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was so damn worried about it but I opened my results and I cried out of happiness! 3A*, 6A and a few B's! I'm going to do Further Maths, Maths with Mechanics, Physics and German in sixth form, phew!

No...No...
Reply 7237
AS Arabic: B (but i did it (and A2) in Year 9. Overall got a C, but not happy with that so i'll just mention the AS)

I hope that i can enter medicine with these however do you think that my results match those of the average medical student in Oxbridge?

I would say so :smile:

About average if you're looking at Oxford medicine, above average for Cambridge medicine. Is there a reason you're taking A level Arabic? If it's your native language then it doesn't help you at all and it seems a hindrance if you're getting a B in it.

Now look forward to AS level and make sure you're getting 4 A* prediction (for Ox) for A2 and 95%+ UMS (for Cam). Oh, and also smash the BMAT and the interview.
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Well done!!!! u know who i am!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

i thought that are you who you think i think you are

Latest