The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yusuf bhatti
m going to cry!!!! crap results 2 B's, 5C's, 1D and 1E im struggling to find a college now!!! F%@K Can someone please help me or confort me. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Don't worry it's not the end of the world! I think u got average grades after all
Most colleges look for grades 5+ A* to C and you got 7 grades at a range from A* to C! And don't compare to TSR USERS they are beyond a normal human lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 9a*s and 2a's, overall I'm really glad, do you guys think these are good enough to apply to medical school? I don't have much information on the topic, and also are my grades satisfactory for Oxbridge? I'll be grateful for any responses
My grades at gcse:
( A* : maths, bio, chem, physics, Spanish, Latin, English lit, art, geography )
(A : German, English language)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help? I got my results today and I'm pretty pleased with them, only thing is I needed to get a B overall in maths to take it and I didn't and have no idea what else to take! Can anyone recommend another subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* in Bio and Physics and A in Maths and B in French... So happy, but will probably retake French and Maths :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7284
Igcse bio A*
Igcse chem A
Igcse phys A
ICT A*
Geography A
Religious studies A
English lang A
English lit A*
Art and design A*
French A
Maths A*
Sports D*

Im kinda disappointed as I didnt get an A* in french and geo does anyone know the grade boundaries for those subjects on AQA?

Can I still get into medicine at cambridge with these grades? Im going on to do bio chem maths and psychology at alevel...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7285
I am wondering if I should ask for Art to be remarked. I worked the hardest on that subject and I'm not exactly upset by the grade I got but I still would've liked to have gotten an A. I was 3 marks away, is this too much?
Original post by JennaK
I thought Maths or Physics is actually necessary for most Medical schools so I am mainly doing it to improve my chances as everything is so competitive these days. >.< I am taking History (my favourite subject) so I hope that will help me stand out in some way.

Out of interest, what grades did you get and did you drop one for A2?

Nooo way. Maths and physics are definitely not necessary for medical school. The only medical school in the UK that requires one of them is Cambridge - everywhere else only requires biology and chemistry, and then are happy to see you do whatever you want. We've got a detailed summary of A-level entry requirements here! :smile:
Predicted: 4A* 4A 2C
Achieved: 6A* 3A 1B
Reply 7288
Original post by Elles1604
Can anyone help? I got my results today and I'm pretty pleased with them, only thing is I needed to get a B overall in maths to take it and I didn't and have no idea what else to take! Can anyone recommend another subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you wanting to be?
Original post by BenAssirati
In AQA English Literature, am I the only one who is confused as to why so few people got A*s this year? In my school, only 2 people got A* this year, but last year 51 did?

Same here. My teacher is sending loads off for a remark, as well as the English Language.
Original post by aasvogel
Thank-you! It gets easier from now on, right?

I wouldn't bet on it... bask in the glory of great GCSEs first :lol:
Original post by Bunny742
What are you wanting to be?

A NICU (special care baby nurse)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7292
should i get my physics remarked after getting one mark below A*
Reply 7293
Original post by nkamy
Igcse bio A*
Igcse chem A
Igcse phys A
ICT A*
Geography A
Religious studies A
English lang A
English lit A*
Art and design A*
French A
Maths A*
Sports D*

Im kinda disappointed as I didnt get an A* in french and geo does anyone know the grade boundaries for those subjects on AQA?

Can I still get into medicine at cambridge with these grades? Im going on to do bio chem maths and psychology at alevel...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the link I found, although it is slightly confusing as it doesn't add up the total for you.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GRADE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF
Reply 7294
Original post by popburrow
Predicted: 4A* 4A 2C
Achieved: 6A* 3A 1B

awesome, well done :smile:
Original post by iwishiwasclever
I got 9a*s and 2a's, overall I'm really glad, do you guys think these are good enough to apply to medical school? I don't have much information on the topic, and also are my grades satisfactory for Oxbridge? I'll be grateful for any responses
My grades at gcse:

Posted from TSR Mobile

More than good enough!
Original post by iwishiwasclever
My grades at gcse:

Posted from TSR Mobile

9a*s and 2a's is definitely above the average for Cambridge, and probably Oxford, although they tend to be pickier about GCSE's. You stand a good chance, but obviously interviews, AS ums and Personal Statement will all factor more than your GCSE's.

Good luck, amazing grades.:smile:
Original post by Bunny742
should i get my physics remarked after getting one mark below A*

Definitely.:smile:
Original post by Millerman
edexcel (unit 2) CCA. i got 40/40 from teacher and was moved down to a C, as was everyone else in my year.

ohh i did OCR....
u know my friend she got an A in her business CA but the teacher put it down to a C so that it could get moderated up but it didnt...its really horrible...
Reply 7299
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Nooo way. Maths and physics are definitely not necessary for medical school. The only medical school in the UK that requires one of them is Cambridge - everywhere else only requires biology and chemistry, and then are happy to see you do whatever you want. We've got a detailed summary of A-level entry requirements here! :smile:

Ah, wow, seriously? So many teachers have said I have to do it if I want to get into Medicine. I'm not really keen on Cambridge anyway so I'm not fussed about that.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion for me though! :biggrin:

Latest