The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by ghost_rebel
Do you think that thereason why grade boundaries are low is bcz of mark schemes/examiners are more harsher?:confused:

I'm pretty sure they are low because its the first time we have sat them and we may have done badly collectively since its new. There are news articles about it on BBC Nd the guardian btw
Original post by ghost_rebel
Do you think that thereason why grade boundaries are low is bcz of mark schemes/examiners are more harsher?:confused:

I think the reason that the boundaries are low is because we're the first ones to do this new specification and I wouldn't have thought that the mark schemes would change much in terms of how specific they are since science is quite an objective subject... :smile:

By the way, I've changed my avatar if anyone's noticed :cool:
Original post by Jatz07
Biology I am not surprised tbh the paper was definitely harder than chem and physics ,, how does everyone feel with these boundaries?

jatz

I'd have preferred physics lower than chem but tbh I'm safe
Reply 983
I'm not too worried about chem and bio but not so sure for physics because it was the hardest paper for me and also we were never taught how to do the coursework or anything. Can't wait for tomorrow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% in all my science exams!

Thank you tsr!!!
Reply 985
100% in GCSEs --- Chemistry and Physics :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:/... (Well 3 off for physics lol )

Dirty little B in the last bio exam gerrrr :biggrin:
Reply 986
Full UMS in the science exams! Thank you guys (especially those who went on Skype to test each other)! This is andersson by the way.

396/400 Biology UMS overall too. :biggrin: Hope you all got what you wanted
Woah...I got full UMS in all 3 science exams as well :biggrin:

I was moderated down in my science controlled assessments in bio (from A to B) and chem (from B to C) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Full UMS in the science exams! Thank you guys (especially those who went on Skype to test each other)! This is andersson by the way.

Original post by ryanb97
100% in GCSEs --- Chemistry and Physics :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:/... (Well 3 off for physics lol )

Dirty little B in the last bio exam gerrrr :biggrin:

Congratulations, you two- we should do this again for a levels :biggrin:
What did you guys get in English out of interest? :smile: I got an A* in English language unit 1 (120 UMS) and an A in English literature unit 1 (64 UMS) :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Congratulations, you two- we should do this again for a levels :biggrin:
What did you guys get in English out of interest? :smile: I got an A* in English language unit 1 (120 UMS) and an A in English literature unit 1 (64 UMS) :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A in English Language overall (265 UMS), A* in English Literature overall (191 UMS) :smile:

Can you remember which units where which exams? Then I'll tell you what I got in those
Original post by Elcor
A in English Language overall (265 UMS), A* in English Literature overall (191 UMS) :smile:

Can you remember which units where which exams? Then I'll tell you what I got in those

Nice- you got the same as me but the other way round :P
Unit 1 English language was the exam (ENG1H)
Unit 1 English literature was the exam on plays (not poetry) (47101H) :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Nice- you got the same as me but the other way round :P
Unit 1 English language was the exam (ENG1H)
Unit 1 English literature was the exam on plays (not poetry) (47101H) :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

120 UMS for the Eng Lang exam, A*

80 UMS for the plays/books Eng Lit exam, A*

Do you know what English Language Unit 3 was? That was a B which brought my result down to an A :frown:

Edit: Unit 3 was the C/A, oops
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Elcor
120 UMS for the Eng Lang exam, A*

80 UMS for the plays/books Eng Lit exam, A*

Do you know what English Language Unit 3 was? That was a B which brought my result down to an A :frown:

Woah...congrats! :smile:

English language unit 3 consisted of those controlled assessments (of mice and men, creative writing, spoken language study) :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Woah...congrats! :smile:

English language unit 3 consisted of those controlled assessments (of mice and men, creative writing, spoken language study) :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, see you in physics/chem/maths threads in the future! :wink:
Reply 994
Original post by Elcor

Woah...I got full UMS in all 3 science exams as well :biggrin:

I was moderated down in my science controlled assessments in bio (from A to B) and chem (from B to C) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

My last Bio exam was bad..... my only B ... but thats all i needed to get my A* :biggrin:

in total i got 7A* 2As .... both As in englishs :frown: .... i am going to get language remarked ...
language - 265/300...5ums off
literature - 176/200... 4 ums off ggrrrrr

Ryan
Reply 995
Original post by ryanb97
My last Bio exam was bad..... my only B ... but thats all i needed to get my A* :biggrin:

in total i got 7A* 2As .... both As in englishs :frown: .... i am going to get language remarked ...
language - 265/300...5ums off
literature - 176/200... 4 ums off ggrrrrr

Ryan

I got the same English Lang UMS as you :frown:
I got 7A*s, 2As and 2Bs, well done ryan
Reply 996
Original post by Elcor
I got the same English Lang UMS as you :frown:
I got 7A*s, 2As and 2Bs, well done ryan

you too mate!!

i dont know how i got 98/100 in RE tbh ...i am laughing at that currently lol
i am happy though

Ryan
Full marks for Chem and Physics! I came out with a A in biology:rolleyes:
Thanks to everyone on the forum for your help and congrats on your results!
Reply 998
Original post by Knowing
I'm not too worried about chem and bio but not so sure for physics because it was the hardest paper for me and also we were never taught how to do the coursework or anything. Can't wait for tomorrow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go Ant? :redface:
Original post by Elcor
Thanks man, see you in physics/chem/maths threads in the future! :wink:

Yeah, I'll see you later on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending