A in Methods of maths
A in English Literature
A in Chemistry
B English Language
C spanish
C humanities
Distinction* in Business
Pass in IT

I thought i would at least get 3A* but at least i got the grades for my A levels in Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Maths

They are amazing results!!! you have done very well :-)
Original post by itsn0b0dy
Oh my gosh! Wow! Congratulations :smile:x

i only managed 8 a*s and 3 as but I'm getting 2 remarks because I'm 1 ums off an A*

Same as me!! But I got 1 B too
Original post by HappyHumanist
Biology -A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
Mathematics - A*
Religious Studies - A*
History - A*
IT (Qcf) - Distinction Star (D*)
Award in Dig. Apps. Level 2 - Distinction
Cert. in Dig. Apps. Level 2 - Merit
German - B
PE (short course) - C

Considering I'm at an Ofsted-certified failing suburban state comp where only about 40% get 5 A*-C's, I am elated with this. We are in the bottom quintile for science in the country, and I got 5 science exams at 100 % UMS. So funny as I know so many posh families and kids who go to private schools and I'm from a working class background and got this :biggrin: Whoop whoop.

What do you guys think (first post here :biggrin: )?

Congratulations on your amazing results!! Ofsted shmofsted, their judgements of a school are often so disproportionate to how happy the students are as well :/ Grrr... My school (state comp) has been declared satisfactory the last two visits but we had brilliant results and it's such a lovely atmosphere too. I think 'measuring' schools in the way that they do is wrong and definitely not constructive. I heard that an alternative school assessment group made up of head teachers trying to HELP others schools not destroy them are emerging and they've called themselves 'Insted'. Genius!
6A*s, 4As, 1B and a C in PE :colondollar:
Original post by theJdog
urm, for ocr triple science physics c/a, my teacher gave me 60 out of 64, which should be 92 UMS or something, and he didn't send it off for moderation (only a few are sent) and now when i have got my results back, I have got 83 UMS, which is an A. How is this possible? Only three student's work were sent off to the exam board? I'm like 10 whole UMS's away from achieving A* in physics, and if this was 90UMS i would have got it :s-smilie: I'm really surprised. Any help?

What happens is if there is a trend that the controlled assessments are marked too generously/harshly then everyone in the class gets moved down/up by x amount. If there is no trend then the school are asked to send back more papers for checking.
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Same as me!! But I got 1 B too

Only??? that's pretty amazing! you should be proud.
Original post by Ecosse_14
Still good results, well done on getting into 6th form! :biggrin:

Thanks :rolleyes: I was a little disappointed as I expected to do so much better, but over the next two years I need to get my ass in gear and start studying a lot harder so I can get into uni.
Reply 7407
Hope everyone is happy with their results! 4A*'s and 6A's for me :biggrin:
Original post by 1020Noddy
I got my year 10 results today and compared the statistics one with the edexcel grade boundaries for this year.. Does this mean that i was one mark away from an A*??
Thanks

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377167372.847851.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1377167380.842545.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I got 144 in my exam - a* and 33- c in my c/a . Everyone in my school were quite annoyed because all our controlled assessments got marked down by two grades. For example i was supposed to get an a but got a c instead. i'm not sure if you were a mark away because the ums/ raw marks vary. Some people in my school want to appeal but i don't really know. p.s I got an A
Original post by deborarosa
How did everyone do? :') i got 2A*'s, 1A, 4B's, 3C's and a D* in business(btec) but I feel nothing loool even my parents are over the moon but I feel meehhhh..my expectations are so in myself I know I could have done better..I feel nothing literally lol no emotion.. :ss

Congrats; time to celebrate! :smile:

Original post by charlesprs
Thanks :rolleyes: I was a little disappointed as I expected to do so much better, but over the next two years I need to get my ass in gear and start studying a lot harder so I can get into uni.

Yep, now it's time for A Levels. Good luck! :h:
Reply 7410
I got 11 A*s and a C. C being in art.

I don't know where to cry or to laugh. But either way I'm happy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7411
Got 4A*,3A and 4B
Original post by benwalters1996
What do you want to do when you're older?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nuclear Engineer
Reply 7413
so pissed off my overall science grade was pulled down because my school was accused of cheating on the coursework because our marks were too high! I would have got an A* :mad:
History A*
Geography A*
Religious Studies A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Mathematics A*
French A*
German A*
Applications of Mathematics A*
Methods in Mathematics A

Overall 11A*'s and 2 A's

A-level choice: History, French, English Literature and Economics.
Can someone give me some advice. I got my results today and I'm really happy with everything other than Maths. I got a B. My head teacher told me a was 2 marks off an A. He said he wants it to be remarked.
Do you think/ what are the chances of getting 2 marks i.e. and A grade.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7416
How did everyone find their Geography results for AQA? I got a C in the exam but had A*'s in everything else so got an A overall!
Reply 7417
Original post by cammc445
History A*
Geography A*
Religious Studies A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Mathematics A*
French A*
German A*
Applications of Mathematics A*
Methods in Mathematics A

Overall 11A*'s and 2 A's

A-level choice: History, French, English Literature and Economics.

Congratulations! AMAZING!:smile:
Reply 7418
I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have a C.

Who should I contact/complain to?
Original post by Ecosse_14
They require chemistry and one other laboratory based science subject. Maths and further maths are not accepted as a combination though, so they wouldn't count as separate subjects. Check out our A Level medicine requirements page for more info! :smile:

so maths and further would combine to make it effectively: chemistry, maths and physics...would that be acceptable?

Latest