The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Didn't do as well as you'd hoped? Advice here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Molly_xox
1 UMS off an A* in RS, worth sending for a remark?

Probably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I got like 4A* 7A's and an A in additional maths. Three of my A's are very high like, I only need of or two ums to get an A*. Should I get it remarked?
Reply 22
Original post by Annaphora
I got like 4A* 7A's and an A in additional maths. Three of my A's are very high like, I only need of or two ums to get an A*. Should I get it remarked?

What subjects are they (the one's you want to remark)? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
how do i know if a grade has been cashed in, because i want to resit one geo exam because i got, A*A*A*C in the 4 geo tests, and if i resit before it has been cashed in, unis won't see this will they?

Original post by Origami Bullets
Your RE grade is never actually going to impact your life from now on. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

With regards to chemistry, you need to pick up your grades before making any hasty decisions. If it is only a few UMS off then get it remarked, but if not an A is more than a respectable grade.

I promise you, GCSE grades are of really minimal importance when it comes to uni admissions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

turns out i got 100 ums and 94 ums in Unit 3 and 2 respectively, so i don't need to resit chemistry!
I'm new here and I needed some advice on A levels, My school won't let me do them as I passed but didn't get the requirements, I'm confused now and left in limbo. Where on this forum can I get advice? OR is it a schooling matter? Confused...

Thanks.
Original post by Random thoughts
I'm new here and I needed some advice on A levels, My school won't let me do them as I passed but didn't get the requirements, I'm confused now and left in limbo. Where on this forum can I get advice? OR is it a schooling matter? Confused...

Thanks.

It's more something you need to speak to your school about. If they're very strict on their requirements, then you may have to look into alternative colleges where you can go to do your A Levels.
Edexcel ICT - Got a grade D my sheet says 119 mark equivalent. According to Exexcel 120 was a C, so i got 1 mark off of a grade C.

Is ICT controlled assessments something you can ask for a remark of?

I got a B last year in the written exam but no where on my sheet is this showing.
Original post by Ecosse_14
It's more something you need to speak to your school about. If they're very strict on their requirements, then you may have to look into alternative colleges where you can go to do your A Levels.

I'm really confused about november resits and the terminal rule.

All websites (edexcel, ofqual) say that in November 2013 I can resit English and English Language, but does that include English Literature?

Also, to get my mark changed, do I need to take 40% or more?

And do they take the best grade?
:confused::eek:
Thanks
Hi, I have just recieved my results for my GCSE Maths results. I'm absolutley gutted. I'm in Year 10 and before the Summer we took Maths exams to save us having to take them in Year 11, however, I got a really bad grade and have got really dispodent with myself.

I really blame the terrible teacher I had, but I also think I was a little bit cocky about it. Can anybody give me some advice on this?
Thanks
Bookworm John
Reply 29
I got 2A* 4A's 5B's and 1 c but i really want to go into medicine and i think its impossible, i really don't know what to do? can anybody give me any advice?
Original post by ThatPerson
I'm really confused about november resits and the terminal rule.

All websites (edexcel, ofqual) say that in November 2013 I can resit English and English Language, but does that include English Literature?

Also, to get my mark changed, do I need to take 40% or more?

And do they take the best grade?
:confused::eek:
Thanks

I'm afraid I'm not sure, someone else will hopefully see your post and know the answers though! :smile:
Remember your school and teachers should also be able to give you advice on this.
Original post by Bookworm John
Hi, I have just recieved my results for my GCSE Maths results. I'm absolutley gutted. I'm in Year 10 and before the Summer we took Maths exams to save us having to take them in Year 11, however, I got a really bad grade and have got really dispodent with myself.

I really blame the terrible teacher I had, but I also think I was a little bit cocky about it. Can anybody give me some advice on this?
Thanks
Bookworm John

It sounds like you've just got to learn from your mistakes and retake it. Good luck, and don't worry, it's not the end of the world! :smile:

Original post by daniy186
I got 2A* 4A's 5B's and 1 c but i really want to go into medicine and i think its impossible, i really don't know what to do? can anybody give me any advice?

It's not impossible, and well done on those great results! Check out the GCSE medicine requirements page. :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
I'm afraid I'm not sure, someone else will hopefully see your post and know the answers though! :smile:
Remember your school and teachers should also be able to give you advice on this.

After about an hour of searching I found what I needed :tongue:

You can't sit English Literature in November 2013. Only English Language.

I hate Ofqual and all of these exam boards that make necessary information so ****ing hard to find. :angry:
Original post by ThatPerson
After about an hour of searching I found what I needed :tongue:

You can't sit English Literature in November 2013. Only English Language.

I hate Ofqual and all of these exam boards that make necessary information so ****ing hard to find. :angry:

At least you found the answer in the end, instead of not knowing at all :tongue:
Reply 34
I received my GCSE english today and did not achieve what I wanted. I was 5 marks of a C and I was wondering is it worth getting it remarked.
Reply 35
for my maths grade I got ucas 359(A) and 360 was an A* is there anyway I can appeal and see if it can go up after all its only 0.25% off the next grade ??
Original post by blubird26
for my maths grade I got ucas 359(A) and 360 was an A* is there anyway I can appeal and see if it can go up after all its only 0.25% off the next grade ??

Look into a remark. Well done on a great result!
Reply 37
Original post by glynruell
I received my GCSE english today and did not achieve what I wanted. I was 5 marks of a C and I was wondering is it worth getting it remarked.

Sorry to hear that.

English is marked subjectively, so it's not rare for marks to change. 5 marks is a fair amount though. However, because a C grade is very important to achieve, I think it may be a good idea to go ahead with a remark and see what happens. I suggest talking to your teachers also to see what they suggest. :smile:

I've moved your post into this thread. Also have a read of the OP and see if that's of any use. :smile:

Original post by blubird26

As Ecosse said above, look into a remark :yep: It is rare, however, for marks to change in maths as they're usually marked very accurately (although it's not impossible for marks to change). Are you taking maths for A-Level? If so, you may as well get a remark and hope for the best. If not, I'd just leave it - an A is still a fantastic grade! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Hi Like many people today I got my GCSE English Result. I got an E which I was surprised at ! In the exam I got 68 marks out of 80 this is a B +, In the English Language Unit 3 I got 48 marks this is a B. English Unit 3 was the worst as I failed Should my final grade me an E Thanks in Advance !
Reply 39
I was 1 UMS off an A* in physics and 1 UMS off an A in IT. Worth sending both off for remarking?

Also was 3 UMS off an A in history, is it worth trying with this or not?

Quick Reply

Latest