The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubisoft
I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have a C.

Who should I contact/complain to?

Your science teacher and your exams officer.
Reply 7421
Hey! Please can everyone help me. I got an A* in German (expected) an A in Spanish (expected) but I got full UMS on the reading and listening. I also got an A* in English lit. I want to do german and english lit but I can't...I want to do linguistics, I'm taking Latin, biology and history, should I take English Lit or Spanish or German!!! What is everyone else taking who wants to do linguistics?
Original post by Red one
I got 11 A*s and a C. C being in art.

I don't know where to cry or to laugh. But either way I'm happy.

WOW congratulations you did amazing :thumbsup:
Original post by toomanyquestions
God knows how but same! Totally in shock and over the moon :biggrin: Congratulations!!

Thanks :biggrin: Haha, that was my response on opening the envelope - I just looked at it like :confused: Same to you!
Original post by Dominic12
Can someone give me some advice. I got my results today and I'm really happy with everything other than Maths. I got a B. My head teacher told me a was 2 marks off an A. He said he wants it to be remarked.
Do you think/ what are the chances of getting 2 marks i.e. and A grade.

I'd say it's definitely worth a go remarking it, but there's no guarantees at all you'll get an A. Good luck!

Original post by ubisoft
I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have a C.

Who should I contact/complain to?

Contact your school/teacher in the first instance.

Original post by benwalters1996
so maths and further would combine to make it effectively: chemistry, maths and physics...would that be acceptable?

Yep, that's the way I'm reading it. Contact the university directly if you want confirmation, they'll deal with emails like that all the time :smile:

Original post by Boo249
Hey! Please can everyone help me. I got an A* in German (expected) an A in Spanish (expected) but I got full UMS on the reading and listening. I also got an A* in English lit. I want to do german and english lit but I can't...I want to do linguistics, I'm taking Latin, biology and history, should I take English Lit or Spanish or German!!! What is everyone else taking who wants to do linguistics?

Why can't you do German and English Lit and drop one of the other subjects? Either way, do the one you enjoy most! :smile: A language focus is probably more appropriate for linguistics rather than literature.
Reply 7425
Original post by Darnell LD97
WOW congratulations you did amazing :thumbsup:

Cheers :smile: What did you get?

The C in Art is certainly ruining my TSR cred haha. :tongue:
Got a B in both Maths and English. :smile: I know it's nowhere near as good as A or A* but I'm pleased with what I've achieved and I can progress onto the course that I wanted at college which is all that matters.
Reply 7427
Our school didn't give us our marks! So annoyed!

Do you think there is anyway I can get them?
I got A*AAABBBBBCC which i'm happy with! Haha, you lot are all crazy clever with your 10A*'s.
1 A*, 6 A, 2 B and 2 C - I'm really happy and pleased with my results. I still await confirmation from my local grammar sixth form if I can officially attend, but I've exceeded the entry requirements so hopefully everything will be fine. :smile:

The next stop is to study English Literature, Classical Civilisation, Geography and Biology. I'm looking to study English at university and become a novelist.
I got a b in science :hmmm: and b in english and c in maths .. am ok but ill resit maths for an a because I did literally no revise for maths tfff!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7431
Business-B
Maths-C
English Lit- C
ICT- Pass
English Lang- D
French- D
Additional science- D
Core Science- D
Geography- E
Reply 7432
10A*?!?!
are these like individual exams? you're counting?
Original post by joe1545
Although maths isn't an entry requirement they are advised to take it due to the sheer competition of medical school. Alot of students will be taking bio, chem, maths then a subject of there choice. And will be at an advantage to those who take bio chem and 2 irrelevant subjects.
Besides maths is almost certainly needed for the chemistry course, very few students go on to do well without maths.
And if you're a student who thinks maths isnt for you then I don't think chemistry is either tbh, in my June exam about 20 marks + (a whole grade) was through calculations.

I'm afraid this isn't true at all. There is no advantage given to students studying maths as opposed to another 3rd unrelated A level. In fact, UCL give preference to those who take a contrasting subject. This is an absolute myth.
Taking a 4th A level gives no advantage over 3 except for places like Bart's.

The calculations in A level chemistry require no maths ability beyond GCSE. It's rearranging equations at its most complex.
I need urgent help (and yes, it was necessary to bold that).

Right, so I've been made an offer by my school's sixth form for Six B's - I.. kind of dramatically failed today, I didn't get the results I wanted and got BBBBBCCCDD, obviously I'm not pleased but my courseworks were moderated down and there's nothing I can do.

I'm not sure about my options, so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
Reply 7435
Original post by ohheywow
How did everyone find their Geography results for AQA? I got a C in the exam but had A*'s in everything else so got an A overall!

Same well done you ! , I got an E in my coursework , but managed to get a b overall , I was dead chuffed.
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Same as me!! But I got 1 B too

What did you get the B in?

congrats!
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I need urgent help (and yes, it was necessary to bold that).

Right, so I've been made an offer by my school's sixth form for Six B's - I.. kind of dramatically failed today, I didn't get the results I wanted and got BBBBBCCCDD, obviously I'm not pleased but my courseworks were moderated down and there's nothing I can do.

I'm not sure about my options, so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

If you got the B's in the AS levels you're taking, you're completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7438
So I got my grades today and I got 7 A*s and 5 As which I am over the moon about! :smile:

But I am so annoyed because in English Lit (my favourite subject), Chemistry and Physics I was 1 UMS mark off an A*. Don't get my wrong I am very happy with A grades but its just annoying because I was so close, especially with English :frown:

Is it worth a remark? What are the chances of my UMS going up by 1? And I need to take in considerations like the cost and the chance of my mark going down..

Any advice would be appreciated! :smile:
Got a D in maths :frown:

Posted from TSR M

Latest