The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fairplaytoyou
I need urgent help (and yes, it was necessary to bold that).

Right, so I've been made an offer by my school's sixth form for Six B's - I.. kind of dramatically failed today, I didn't get the results I wanted and got BBBBBCCCDD, obviously I'm not pleased but my courseworks were moderated down and there's nothing I can do.

I'm not sure about my options, so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Have you contacted your sixth form to see if they'll still accept you as you've narrowly missed out? If not, look into a remark for subjects you got a C in, was there a near miss that you could get it up to a B?

Failing both of those, try looking at other sixth form colleges to see if they'll take you on. :smile:
I'm in year 10 and I got my Core Science and English Language grade, and i'm annoyed at how much stricter the UMS scores have become, for example last year I would've got 100 UMS in chemistry but this year i got 91, has anyone else noticed this?
Reply 7442
I'm quite happy with my results except drama: A*, 8 A's and a C in drama. I was told my coursework was a high B and my performance was going to be at least A. Did anyone else get disappointing results with drama? Also I didn't get a mark out of 200 for maths it just says I got 52 points (which is apparently A) I really want to know what mark I got in maths :/ any way I can find out? Well done everyone by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red one
Cheers :smile: What did you get?

The C in Art is certainly ruining my TSR cred haha. :tongue:

Well compared to you my grades were much lower i got 1A* in Maths 7A's so annoyed 3 marks of an A* in Physics 1B and 3C's but the only thing that matters is I got A's and A* for my a level options :smile:
What did everyone get for AQA GCSE French?
Reply 7445
Original post by shibucool

I got A* was really shocked cos I thought I failed the listening! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlanAlty
If you got the B's in the AS levels you're taking, you're completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. One C in Chemistry which I'm taking. That's the problem.
Original post by Ecosse_14
Have you contacted your sixth form to see if they'll still accept you as you've narrowly missed out? If not, look into a remark for subjects you got a C in, was there a near miss that you could get it up to a B?

Failing both of those, try looking at other sixth form colleges to see if they'll take you on. :smile:

Well, we have to go in for enrolment soon even if we just narrowly missed out.

Do you by any chance know Harrow College? It's the nearest to me but I'm not sure how to actually apply or anything.
Well, we have to go in for enrolment soon even if we just narrowly missed out.

Do you by any chance know Harrow College? It's the nearest to me but I'm not sure how to actually apply or anything.

No idea I'm afraid. Do they have a website with that information on it? Otherwise, give them a call.
I'm going in to year 11 in a few weeks and got an A* in core science :biggrin:
Original post by Denso
Your teacher is unable to guarantee you with UMS before results have been posted on results day, the 92 UMS would of been an estimate. Grade boundaries and UMS are staggered so if a lot of people may done really well in the exam the grade boundaries will be extremely high. However, if you got 60 out of 64 it is very unlikely that you would achieve 83 UMS. Get in touch with your exams administrator at your school.

Ok, I have enrolment day tomorrow, I'll ask and see. Thanks :smile:
Chemistry: A*
Religious Education: A*
Biology: A
Maths: A
Physics: A
DT Graphics: B
English Language: B
Citizenship: B
English Literature: C
History: C
French: C

In Unit 3 Sciences, the May 2013 exams, somehow I managed 100% UMS (A*'s) on all three, a real shock. :smile: As it turns out, the countless hours of revision every night paid off! The ISA result for Biology was a bit disappointing (a D), probably holding my grade back a bit, but oh well. I'm really happy with Graphics, always liked the subject but hated the exams more than any others, just glad my coursework grade balanced out my exam result.

The only ones I'm really disappointed about are History and English Literature, because I'm taking History at college and it made me question my suitability to the subject. I'm sure I've nothing to worry about, because I enjoy History a lot and I still meet the entry requirements.

A-Level choices: Maths, Chemistry, Biology and either History/Computing. Looking to go into a career in medical science perhaps, but in recent months I've taken up an interest in computing so maybe that's an option for university and a later career.
Nope. One C in Chemistry which I'm taking. That's the problem.

At my college anyway, you couldn't take anything (like science and maths, obviously things such as geography, you didn't even need the GCSE) unless you got a B. Especially with Chemistry, I know people that have gone from an A at GCSE to a C/D/E. Unless you need it, I would suggest trying something else, it's very hard. Or you could retake it whilst doing the AS, which basically means you're definitely going to at least get an A.
Original post by Kill3er
What happens is if there is a trend that the controlled assessments are marked too generously/harshly then everyone in the class gets moved down/up by x amount. If there is no trend then the school are asked to send back more papers for checking.

Oh, so there's no point in asking them to check to see if it is correct or not then, is it? Oh gosh, I hate my life :frown:
Reply 7454
A^ Further maths
A* Maths, Chemistry (and Physics if my ISA gets sorted out)
A Biology
Sorry to interrupt guys but congratulations to everyone today! :biggrin: If you got what you want- awesome!- and if not don't worry I got ridiculously average GCSEs (A*AAABBBBBBCC) and just finished A Levels with A*A*B and I'm off to UCL in September so long story short, GCSEs aren't the be all end all just work hard and you'll get there! :smile:
Reply 7456
Yayy:awesome: I'm so relieved,I hope everyone got what they wanted :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7457
English language A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Italian A*
Religious studies A*
English literature A
maths A
french A
art A
Geography B

So happy with geography because I got an E in my coursework so I just said to hell with this exam and gave up , so I was so happy with the b . I'm disspointed with art though because I made so much of an effort just got an A (249 ums)
Reply 7458
Original post by shibucool

I got an A, was expecting an A* though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJaymyers98
I'm going in to year 11 in a few weeks and got an A* in core science :biggrin:

well done and i got an a was 2 ums marks away from an a* which is annoying x

Latest