The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Back after a long day!
I got 7a* 4a... COMPLETE SURPRISE! Better than I could ever have imagined!
Well done to EVERYONE - today is a good day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7481
Original post by Harry97
So I got my grades today and I got 7 A*s and 5 As which I am over the moon about! :smile:

But I am so annoyed because in English Lit (my favourite subject), Chemistry and Physics I was 1 UMS mark off an A*. Don't get my wrong I am very happy with A grades but its just annoying because I was so close, especially with English :frown:

Is it worth a remark? What are the chances of my UMS going up by 1? And I need to take in considerations like the cost and the chance of my mark going down..

Any advice would be appreciated! :smile:

Eng lit is subjective - depends on the examiner so definitEly get a remark, I was 1 ums of an a* in chem too, im gna get it remarked since it's likely to go up, if it goes down u've still got an a :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7482
Reply 7483
Original post by techno836
You should be :yep: maths, English and sciences were marked very harshly this year :yep:

Thank you & yeah I've read that all over the news. So pleased with myself.
Original post by Felix Felicis
Pika pika :biggrin:

(well done! :cool:)

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Elm Tree
I've been hearing that on the news lately.. I still managed to get 98/100 ums in chem and 100/100 in physics :awesome:

I got 100 UMS in all of my Unit 3's :five: I was so happy :woo:

Original post by Invest
Thank you & yeah I've read that all over the news. So pleased with myself.

Thank you :smile:

Yes the percentage of A*'s and people passing actually went down :eek: :lol: so well done to yous :h:
:wavey:

Hey everyone, intruding year 13 here. :tongue: Anyway, just wanted to say a quick congratulations to all of you, some fantastic results on here. :cool: You should all be proud of yourselves. :biggrin: Enjoy your results day celebrations and enjoy year 12 guys, it goes by quickly :wink:
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I really like Chemistry though, and I scored A/B in all exams, my coursework brought me down a lot and I have no idea what happened to it. The whole class got really bad, it's annoying.

Fair enough, if you explain this to your college, they might see if you can take it. But I wouldn't hold my hopes up without the B.
Reply 7487
Original post by CheesePuffff
Back after a long day!
I got 7a* 4a... COMPLETE SURPRISE! Better than I could ever have imagined!
Well done to EVERYONE - today is a good day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww well done!!!!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theJdog
Oh, so there's no point in asking them to check to see if it is correct or not then, is it? Oh gosh, I hate my life :frown:

There's no harm in asking. Try to find out if other people in your class had their marks changed...
Original post by tess_rach
I have to wait until 10!! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh goodness! How did it go? :smile:
Reply 7491
Does anyone know if Philosophy and ethics is well respected at unis? I'm thinking of doing Business, Geography, English Lit and Philosophy or OCR Cambridge National in ICT but I don't know which one to take... any help would be appreciated! :smile:
Hey everyone I got 7 A*/A grades today for my GCSEs (including English and Science) along with 2 Bs (one being Maths) and a C. Would this be good enough for me to apply to dentistry?
Didn't do as well as i hoped.... Only got 1 A* and that was for Religious education :'( but i got 7 A's and 5 B's along with a C and a D but they were Spanish and PE. Can anyone advise future career i could pursue (medical linked) with those grades?

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
CiDA - M (equivelant to 2 GCSE A's)
English - A
English Literature - B
French - B
Geography - B
History - A
Mathematics - A
Physical Education - D
Physics - B
Religious Education - A*
Spanish - C
Statistics - B
Original post by Elm Tree
I've been hearing that on the news lately.. I still managed to get 98/100 ums in chem and 100/100 in physics :awesome:

Well done! I also got 100 in Physics and 100 in Chem!
Original post by Icesk8ing97
well done and i got an a was 2 ums marks away from an a* which is annoying x

Thanks, my ums average was 93. Don't worry about it, an A is amazing and will look outstanding on cv's and ucas etc
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'm afraid this isn't true at all. There is no advantage given to students studying maths as opposed to another 3rd unrelated A level. In fact, UCL give preference to those who take a contrasting subject. This is an absolute myth.
Taking a 4th A level gives no advantage over 3 except for places like Bart's.

The calculations in A level chemistry require no maths ability beyond GCSE. It's rearranging equations at its most complex.

You obviously dont do chemistry then, or not past AS anyway, A2 chemistry is based heavily on maths introducing logarithms, which last time i checked isnt on the gcse syllabus.
Also chemistry students need to be familiar with interpreting data and the numbers given as it rarely is just regurgitating an equation you learn in class.
I got 100 UMS in bio, chem and Physics!!! Soooo happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got 5 A* 2A 3B, reckon that's suitable and normal for a person applying for a top university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths - A* with only 8 marks dropped in the entire course.
Geography - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
English Lang - A
English Lit - A* (HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? English Lit was always my enemy from the start and I got a C in year 10 mock).
RE - A*
ICT - Merit with a couple of distinctions
And I thought I was headed for 1-2 A*s and the rest As and Bs.

Latest