The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Plans after OU

Thought it would be interesting to see what everyones plans are after graduating? :-)
I am studying broad based natural science and hope to go onto a masters and ultimately end up working within wildlife conservation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I am starting BSc Natural Sciences (biology pathway) in October :smile: my plans for after my degree are hopefully a masters and or PhD through time. I am hoping to become a virologist or microbiologist.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I'm older than both of you and already have a 'career -haha!' in local government . But I'm doing science for personal development more than anything else. Making up for my misspent youth. I might go on to do a Masters if I complete my BSc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
More study :wink:
I'm planning on becoming a primary school teacher...if my health will allow (which it WILL *determined face*)
Reply 5
PGCE in chemistry and biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm studying MSc (Honors) Criminology & Psychological Studies and I'm hoping to go on a do a masters in social work. I would like to work as a community social worker in the area of mental health.
Reply 7
Original post by Simone.xox
I'm studying MSc (Honors) Criminology & Psychological Studies and I'm hoping to go on a do a masters in social work. I would like to work as a community social worker in the area of mental health.

Two MAs? Impressive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Nitebot
Two MAs? Impressive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh no, I wish I meant BSc in Criminology & Psychological Studies, I wish I could afford two masters, they're far too expensive!
I want to do an MA after at the University of Wales, distance learning. Hmm 4 more years til I graduate from the OU at all. I need to think of it in terms of modules not number of years left *cries*. I'll be 28 then.
Pippy123 :smile: I've got the same plans about Wildlife Conservation. The only difference is that I use Open University study as an entrance to a brick uni in UK.
Reply 11
I'd quite like to be a fashion designer.
Having graduated with the OU last year I am planning to do an MA in 2014 either at University of Nottingham or Leicester in Classics
Original post by Arketec
I'd quite like to be a fashion designer.

:smile: A friend of mine has similar plans.

MA in 2014 either at University of Nottingham or Leicester in Classics

I'm thinking about Lancaster or UEA or Exeter or... :teeth: Cambridge. (Anyone on the same boat? Anyone succeeded?)
Reply 14
Original post by GMC Vandura
:smile: A friend of mine has similar plans.

I'm thinking about Lancaster or UEA or Exeter or... :teeth: Cambridge. (Anyone on the same boat? Anyone succeeded?)

There was a cafe owner in cambridge (where I used to live) who did evening classes then OU and then an Oxford qualification can't remember what level and was a lecturer teaching politics at Oxford university.
So I think all that independent study & self motivation is looked at favourably.

I've never tried fashion design I'd just like to give it a go-as a hobby I suppose. Sometimes I take my daydreams too seriously.
Reply 15
After my Health Science degree I hope to go onto a graduate entry into Paramedic Science in order to my dream job of a paramedic!
Arketec, it is very encouraging post!

Sometimes I take my daydreams too seriously.

Everything begins from a dream :wink:. My friend is starting from the very scratch, because earlier, parents made her study... chemistry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by GMC Vandura
Arketec, it is very encouraging post!

Everything begins from a dream :wink:.

I already print my art on T-shirts I keep on meaning to have a go on a sewing machine. It just feels so ... girly

What are you planning to do at Phd level?
I already print my art on T-shirts

:cool:Funny. Some time ago I had a small store at CafePress platform, just to see how it works and express myself. I gave up since I became tired of too much sitting in front of PC.

What are you planning to do at Phd level?

Gosh, I'm not sure if I go that high. I'm certain about Bachelor. Master is possible, but I don't like to "overthink", I am a doer. Then? Well, we will see what life will bring us...

My passion are wildlife inventory methods. I've already participated in cataloguing of endangered plants and beetles of a national park in Poland. Great experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending