The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ama2007
lol am not even going to waste my time putting you right...

so what happened to the 1300 oh let me think they all died of epidemic flu virus which just hit a specific area in syria. am not even going to go into the mechanics of chemical weapons and how they kill and how they spread because that would be a total waste!

Go find out please please...even the BBC has figures ~1000

People like you!!!

Dont wanna believe it so guess what? I will pretend it didnt happen, will good for you!

Please take a breath and actually read what has been written and aquaint yourself with the actual reports. Nobody except you is claiming that there were 1300 children killed in the recent chemical attack. The '1300' number is the figure provided by a leading rebel figure for the total deaths. Other sources have estimates ranging from 300 to 1100. What none of the sources have claimed is 1300 children. What they have said of each of their estimates is that it includes 'many' children, while also including adult men and women.

This disconnect between even the most extreme reports and your own claims is what I was calling you out on in the first place.
How did this situation get out of control?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone thought of the possibility that the rebels could be carrying out some of the violent acts as to make Assad look like the bad guy?

Both sides are just as bad, but who allowed it to get it to this stage? Few years ago, everyone was happily doing business with Assad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 543
Original post by kidomo
Has anyone thought of the possibility that the rebels could be carrying out some of the violent acts as to make Assad look like the bad guy?

Both sides are just as bad, but who allowed it to get it to this stage? Few years ago, everyone was happily doing business with Assad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be difficult for them to carry off a chemical attack this big, reports also suggest it was a rocket attack that set it off. Its far more likely Assad used his chemical arsenal to attack the rebels than they did a false flag attack this big just to discredit him
Reply 544
Original post by Aj12
Be difficult for them to carry off a chemical attack this big, reports also suggest it was a rocket attack that set it off. Its far more likely Assad used his chemical arsenal to attack the rebels than they did a false flag attack this big just to discredit him

Seems plausible to me, using chemical weapons 2 days after the arrival of UN investigators...

how many times have we heard this story it's the same nonsense they keep throwing out there for the cattle to chew on.
Reply 545
Original post by Rovey
Seems plausible to me, using chemical weapons 2 days after the arrival of UN investigators...

how many times have we heard this story it's the same nonsense they keep throwing out there for the cattle to chew on.

Have you heard of large scale thefts from bases of pre-mixed chemical weapons including launch systems by the rebel group that controlled this region? Other than you don't like the rebels do you have any evidence that they carried out this attack themselves? There have been allegations of chemical attacks but they were always very small scale and lacking in evidence, this seems a hell of a lot bigger.
Reply 546
It seems a hell of a lot bigger only if you play into the hands of western propagandists which happens all too often.

there was no chemical attack. This was a hoax with kids play acting.

Original post by Aj12
rebels

They're terrorists.

Really isn't much to it, anyone that says these foreign-backed insurgents are rebels is a flat out lie.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 547
Original post by Rovey
It seems a hell of a lot bigger only if you play into the hands of western propagandists which happens all too often.

Then why is Syria so reluctant to have the UN look around?

Numerous graphic videos have been posted online, showing people with a range of symptoms including constricted pupils, difficulty breathing, foaming at the mouth, and shaking or fits. The patients, many of them children sprawled on tiled floors and piled on hospital beds, have been stripped down seemingly in an effort to free them of the toxic substances on their clothes.

Some acting eh?

So first you claim it is a false flag attack now it's all acting, would you like to make up your mind?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 548
Original post by Aj12
Then why is Syria so reluctant to have the UN look around?

Numerous graphic videos have been posted online, showing people with a range of symptoms including constricted pupils, difficulty breathing, foaming at the mouth, and shaking or fits. The patients, many of them children sprawled on tiled floors and piled on hospital beds, have been stripped down seemingly in an effort to free them of the toxic substances on their clothes.

Some acting eh?

So first you claim it is a false flag attack now it's all acting, would you like to make up your mind?

The UN is not an independent body, that's the first thing.

secondly, that can all be faked. Foaming mouth? Not exactly hard to do yourself.

please learn the definition of false flag, it means anything to deceive or implicate the opponent in any crime or act, which includes using crisis actors.
Original post by Rovey

They're terrorists.

Really isn't much to it, anyone that says these foreign-backed insurgents are rebels is a flat out lie.

There's no way you could train that many kids to be unresponsive when they have tubes inserted into them, the other symptoms are also consistent with what we know of chemical attacks.

On the other hand, the timing is incredibly suspicious: of all times, now - when the Syrian government has the upper hand and when they can do more damage by using conventional arms, it would have been quite advantageous for the rebels to have done this, though how practical it is for them to carry out a rocket attack I don't know

Has anyone considered the possibility that the commander of the troops around the area has turned against Assad and sees this as the easiest way to turn the tide of the war?

In any case intervention is unlikely and may well cause the country to be even more screwed up.
Original post by kidomo

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is an enormous difference between a government policy of assassinations and torture and a private militia committing crimes. Governments are held to certain standards (French Revolution and the enlightenment) which makes their crimes all the more serious and important.

The displaced people, the dead, the injured and the innocent are caught up in a war because Assad refused to implement reforms and brutally attacked innocent civilians to ensure he remained in power. He sparked the civil and regional war began. Assad must take complete responsibility for the mess ...

I think he should go ... and until that happens, the war will continue and rightly so. There is no solution with al-Assad in power.
Original post by Pythononian
In any case intervention is unlikely and may well cause the country to be even more screwed up.

There already is intervention: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hezollah.

:confused:
Original post by Lord Hysteria
There already is intervention: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hezollah.

:confused:

Direct military intervention i.e., jets flying in and bombing the place.

Not weapons delivery or jihadists...

An invasion will just make matters worse!
Reply 555
Original post by Rovey
The UN is not an independent body, that's the first thing.

secondly, that can all be faked. Foaming mouth? Not exactly hard to do yourself.

please learn the definition of false flag, it means anything to deceive or implicate the opponent in any crime or act, which includes using crisis actors.

Yeah your stretching this to insane levels. A town in the middle of a warzone is going to pull off that sort of fakery on such a large scale that has deceived chemical weapons experts who have seen the videos and pictures from the site. Which included hundreds of dead bodies, people in hospitals, people foaming at the mouth, their pupils dilating and their skin taking on blue/grey tint associated with asphyxiation. The rebels carrying it out themselves would be more plausible then this being fake.

I don't really care what you think the UN is. If this was faked Syria should be jumping at the chance of outside verification that this is fake, especially when that comes from world renown chemical weapon experts. I'm sure you had faith in the UN when it did not find WMD's in Iraq yet when it could come to conclusions that do not fit your world view suddenly it is not independent.
Original post by kidomo
An invasion will just make matters worse!

... if you're rooting for assad
Original post by Pythononian
Direct military intervention i.e., jets flying in and bombing the place.

Not weapons delivery or jihadists...

All those countries are intervening. Period.
I do like the way the Western Media suddenly cares again, after a good month of Egypt being more interesting.
Reply 559
Lie after lie....how can the rebels do this? kill their own children, only a lunatic would believe that.

If they had chemical weapons they would have ended bashar long time ago...they would have ended him, trust me!! They would not waste it on children as some here claim...a very unrealistic and sadistic claim.

For AdvancV

...you are missing the point here, which is funny...you are arguing if the 1300 were all children or some of them women or what not and you are not disputing why bashar killed them or the horrific scenes of children suffocating...But thats typical of pro-assads they miss the point, they go round in circles and never actually discuss the main point.

If I said all 1300 were children that's just a wee mistake I made while typing but at least am not saying that wee kids fake their own death and that's okay to kill people because they dont agree with you?

Latest