The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
Cheers, it's a shame I mainly wanted to go to East Anglia, as I lived nearby but I missed out on the A. But I did better than I was predicted overall.

What were your A*s and As in?

As long as you have an A in English, maths and 2 sciences, you should be fine to apply there as you have over 6 A grades
Reply 1581
Original post by a123a
Guys do I have a chance for Oxford/Birmingham uni for medicine? I got A*s in all bio,chem,physics,maths and english lit

Oxford Generally require the 90% rule .. so its less likely and a higher risk applying .. Birmingham is fine though :h: (although I believe they may be asking for higher A levels now :s-smilie: I'll check later and get back to you )
Original post by mynameisntbobk
What were your A*s and As in?

As long as you have an A in English, maths and 2 sciences, you should be fine to apply there as you have over 6 A grades

I got a B in Maths :frown:
My As were in Physics, Biology, English Lit, English Language, Astronomy, French, History. A* was in Chemistry.
Hey guys! I got eight A*s : Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, English Language, History, Geography and French. And two As : English Literature and Religious Studies. I'm so relieved and grateful! :crazy:
Reply 1584
Well done to everybody with their GCSE's

That's it now lets get focused on A-Levels now :cool:
Original post by techno836
Oxford Generally require the 90% rule .. so its less likely and a higher risk applying .. Birmingham is fine though :h: (although I believe they may be asking for higher A levels now :s-smilie: I'll check later and get back to you )

90% or 60% :holmes:
Original post by Dinasaurus
I got a B in Maths :frown:
My As were in Physics, Biology, English Lit, English Language, Astronomy, French, History. A* was in Chemistry.

You could retake your maths GCSE next year and get it an A grade?

Original post by a123a
Guys do I have a chance for Oxford/Birmingham uni for medicine? I got A*s in all bio,chem,physics,maths and english lit

I haven't got 90% proportion of A*s.

Good chance at Birmingham provided you get AAAA next year
Good chance at Oxford as well.
Reply 1586

I always saw that oxford want 90% A* :redface: ? 60% is even better :biggrin: I still can't apply though :lol:
Congratulations everyone!! I hope the hard work payed off for you too :smile:
I always saw that oxford want 90% A* :redface: ? 60% is even better :biggrin: I still can't apply though :lol:

Average tends to be around 60% although always apply to your strengths. I wouldn't risk applying there unless I had around 85% A* grades since most Oxford applicants will be rich in the grade
How is everyone feeling post-results? I can't be bothered to go through the thread :biggrin:
Well done to everybody with their GCSE's

That's it now lets get focused on A-Levels now :cool:

The buzz of results has finally gone now and it's just sunk in that we've still got more work to do :unimpressed:
Reply 1591

Oh ok. :frown: Oh well, 10/15= 0.67 so no chance.
Birmingham, ok that's good
Original post by wakemeup
How is everyone feeling post-results? I can't be bothered to go through the thread :biggrin:

I forgot I even had any GCSE's, lol. Looking forward to A-levels!
Reply 1593

Overall I got 10 A*s 4As and 1 B
Reply 1594
Well I'm very happy, such a relief :smile:
Original post by lolface32
I forgot I even had any GCSE's, lol. Looking forward to A-levels!

Same, I kind of just want to get back to school and start doing something productive! Not doing anything for the past eight weeks really hasn't been helping my brain.
Original post by Tibbz2
Well I'm very happy, such a relief :smile:

What did you get? :smile:
Original post by a123a
Overall I got 10 A*s 4As and 1 B

Which is very good. You would definitely stand a chance, but its up to you to decide how competitive you think your application will be. Then there's the whole BMAT etc you'd need to think about with oxford
Original post by wakemeup
Same, I kind of just want to get back to school and start doing something productive! Not doing anything for the past eight weeks really hasn't been helping my brain.

I'm worried about my handwriting the most, :colondollar:

Would it be the best choice or should I just apply elsewhere?

Latest