The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Feeling alright but not really happy atm...
9A*s and 2As :/
A* for Geography, Maths, Further Pure Maths, Eng. Lit., Eng. Lang, History, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
A for First Lang Chinese (CIE) and Music... :/
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys! I got eight A*s : Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, English Language, History, Geography and French. And two As : English Literature and Religious Studies. I'm so relieved and grateful!

Nice.... i got As in both englishs ..... gna get a remark for language though
:biggrin:

Original post by benwalters1996
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q61js6p17rgqa7f/PJLo5dTIp8 could anyone possibly tell me how far off an A* i was please???

6UMS off :biggrin:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys! I got eight A*s : Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, English Language, History, Geography and French. And two As : English Literature and Religious Studies. I'm so relieved and grateful!

Original post by benwalters1996
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q61js6p17rgqa7f/PJLo5dTIp8 could anyone possibly tell me how far off an A* i was please???

Original post by techno836
Well done :h: and you should be :biggrin:

Thank you! What did you get? :smile:
Original post by theJdog
What about UCL? And thanks :smile: What did you get? And do you think these results are alright? I tried so hard, maybe I should have tried harder. :frown: It's my mum's birthday and she's going to be gutted :frown:

I know if my daughter got those results, I'd be extremely proud. I think you've gotten very good results. Lots of As! :biggrin:

I'm afraid I can't comment on UCL - I'm not sure about how they rank GCSEs. But, we do have a handy dandy wiki page that runs through all the minimum GCSE requirements for the universities - it doesn't tell you how they use GCSEs in selection, though. You've got to do more research to find that out!

I'm Scottish, so I never did GCSEs! :tongue:
Original post by JanitaTwain
did you find drama hard

Up until the final exam I was ok with it. I got B's in unit 1 and 2 but then in the final performance I got a C which brought everything down. My teacher said after the performance that we would get B's overall. I worked out that I was 3 UMS marks off a B :s-smilie:
Original post by lilypear
I can't believe I got full marks in Chemistry Unit 3...

No...No...

Same here! Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by english007
Heeellpp!!!!
****** does the marks srrm rigjt with the grade i.e. Maths 176/200 =d????***

Yes it does because you did foundation tier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very happy :ahee:
Reply 7549
If I had an English literature paper remarked what is the chances of getting 1 more mark?

(I got 159 UMS and you need 160 for an A)
Did anyone else here choose to do the baccalaireate when we choose our options in year9? it doesnt even exist anymore hahaha :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I know if my daughter got those results, I'd be extremely proud. I think you've gotten very good results. Lots of As! :biggrin:

I'm afraid I can't comment on UCL - I'm not sure about how they rank GCSEs. But, we do have a handy dandy wiki page that runs through all the minimum GCSE requirements for the universities - it doesn't tell you how they use GCSEs in selection, though. You've got to do more research to find that out!

I'm Scottish, so I never did GCSEs! :tongue:

Ah, thank you :smile: You actually have made me smile and feel better :smile: Thanks :smile: In some of my exams, I am 2/3 UMS away from achieving the next grade, do you think I should re-sit/re-mark the papers? And what do you do now?
Original post by FortunateKing
A* for Geography, Maths, Further Pure Maths, Eng. Lit., Eng. Lang, History, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.

Why not? Those grades are amazing...
Reply 7553
Original post by FortunateKing

Sorry but for not being happy with that is a piss-take honestly. :rolleyes:
Ok so this is what I got:
Mathematics A*
Additional Mathematics A (which is like a A* being highest grade)
English Language D (100% re-sitting for an A/A*)
English Literature B
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Religious Studies A
Geography A
Polish A
Resistant Materials B
Art and Design (Fine Art) B
Spanish C

Kind of happy apart from English and sciences... I need to put my act together with English Languages as it affected my sciences via coursework lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got : 5 A*'s 3A's and 3B's is this good enough for med school?
Original post by ryanb97

what mark did you get in the English Language June?
Reply 7557
Original post by techno836
Yes that is no problem :smile: you will have to PM when it comes closer to the time :h: or I will probably be around the medicine threads anyway :smile:

regarding A levels I believe Universities would prefer the literature and it means you're still doing essays too which you will do in uni ! also it is more highly regarded than psychology. But you should really go for the subject YOU believe you will most likely get an A in :h: but you can do that better if you find the subject interesting as you will work harder :h: there isn't much more I can say so I hoped this helped :h:

I'll keep this all in mind. Thanks for the advice!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cleveradam
what mark did you get in the English Language June?

in terms of UMS - 106 ....108 was an A*

Latest