The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

AS Subjects: Chemistry (A), Mathematics (A), Further maths (A), Geography (A) and Biology (B)
A2 Subjects: Chemistry, Maths, Geog and either F Maths or Biology (I really can't make up my mind)
University choices: 5 of Warwick, Sheffield, York, Nottingham, Oxford, Leeds, Bath and Bristol. I'll get back to you when I decide.
For Chemistry, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by furryface12
Wow, how many of you are doing it then? Yours is really good, so do you want to do medicine then? Or geography? Also, how long does the presentation even have to be?

A fair few, I'd say around 100 start off, and then about 40 of them drop out, but I don't really know. Hahaha, not really I picked it largely because I found It interesting. Ideally when I'm older I'd work in public health, so that seemed a good enough place to start!
Original post by Soontobesuper
A fair few, I'd say around 100 start off, and then about 40 of them drop out, but I don't really know. Hahaha, not really I picked it largely because I found It interesting. Ideally when I'm older I'd work in public health, so that seemed a good enough place to start!

Ahaa fair enough, what you're interested in is a good place to start!! Yeah we have about 80 in the year, and I guess about 20 or 30 will probably drop out... Both my parents do public healthy stuff, it sounds interesting and there's loads of different things you can do! What do you want to do at uni then?
Original post by Soontobesuper
Of course you do. I mean you mix and match for a while, and then you realise that the girl who sits two away from you has worn that outfit twice this week and you stop caring. As long as what your wearing is clean and you didn't wear any of it in the last couple of days, no problem

Haha okay that's fair enough, although would you ever be that girl?
Original post by Pandora.
Hi guys :smile:

Just to let you know, L'Evil Fish achieved 8A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C in his GCSE results.

Congratulations! :party2:

So he did great :biggrin: well done him!!
Reply 1304
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Hai
Applying for Economics
AS: Economics (A) Psychology (A) Maths (B) ICT (C) GStudies (C)
A2: Economics (A*) Psychology (A) Maths (A/B) Epq (A)
University Choices: Surrey, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Reading, Sussex or Queens (I'm pulling my hair on which)
Reply 1305
Hi guys :smile:

Just to let you know, L'Evil Fish achieved 8A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C in his GCSE results.

Congratulations! :party2:

That's amazing. Also Fish did 16 GCSEs? :eek: I did 11 and I think that's above average for this forum

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by maryamzahid
what are you guys expecting the final year of a-levels to be like?

actually don't think it'll be as bad as everyone says ! its different for me as i'm not retaking anything , but the actual A2 exams i reckon will be the same as AS except maybe the content will be more and/or harder to understand. i know this is the case with Maths next year ( not looking forward to C3 and C4 :frown: )
Reply 1307
I. Hate. Functions.

:mad:

Same. Stupid one-one, and identity functions and idempotency and OAIDHAOUSDHIAUSHDIAUSHDIUAHSDIAUHDS.
Reply 1308
Hi everyone, I'm sort of new as I don't usually spend much attention to TSR. Though since exam period last summer, TSR seemed quite a helpful place, so I've decided to join in a bit and hope I won't be lost out of conversations too fast. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1309
Original post by leafy9
Hi everyone, I'm sort of new as I don't usually spend much attention to TSR. Though since exam period last summer, TSR seemed quite a helpful place, so I've decided to join in a bit and hope I won't be lost out of conversations too fast. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, welcome on board! :h:

How has your summer been so far? :smile:
Reply 1310
Hey, welcome on board! :h:

How has your summer been so far? :smile:

I'd say it's been really good overall, it'll be over for me on Monday when I officially start year 13... :s-smilie:
Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1311
Original post by leafy9
I'd say it's been really good overall, it'll be over for me on Monday when I officially start year 13... :s-smilie:
Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great! Wow, you start on Monday? :eek: Which subjects are you taking to A2?

Mine's been pretty good too! I've been bogged down with homework for the last few days, but hopefully I can get it out of the way in time to enjoy a last few days. :smile:
Got BCDD in AS levels - that haunts me now.Got to aim for A/A* now.anything's possible.The only social life I'll be having is TSR next year haha good luck for next year guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1313
Great! Wow, you start on Monday? :eek: Which subjects are you taking to A2?

Mine's been pretty good too! I've been bogged down with homework for the last few days, but hopefully I can get it out of the way in time to enjoy a last few days. :smile:

I guess I start early because my school is an international school and we finished on the 28th of June... I'm thinking of doing math, chemistry, physics and biology for A2. My AS grades for the subjects were AAAB...

Homework? On what? I didn't have homework for the holidays unless you counted writing personal statement first draft. Or in my case, 2nd draft because my mum forced me to write out a first draft just after I finished taking exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1314
For any newcomers to the thread, I posted regularly on last years and will happily provide guidance or help in biology or economics at A2 level so don't hesitate in asking :h:
Reply 1315
Original post by krishkmistry
Got BCDD in AS levels - that haunts me now.Got to aim for A/A* now.anything's possible.The only social life I'll be having is TSR next year haha good luck for next year guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind sharing, what subjects did you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1316
Original post by leafy9
I guess I start early because my school is an international school and we finished on the 28th of June... I'm thinking of doing math, chemistry, physics and biology for A2. My AS grades for the subjects were AAAB...

Homework? On what? I didn't have homework for the holidays unless you counted writing personal statement first draft. Or in my case, 2nd draft because my mum forced me to write out a first draft just after I finished taking exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, fair enough. Nice subjects, there are a lot of scientists on this thread. :smile:

I have Maths and History homework to do. :redface: There's not too much, but it's difficult after the long break. Yeah, I've written a first draft of mine but I'll still need to do another soon. Which course is this for?
Original post by lilGem
For any newcomers to the thread, I posted regularly on last years and will happily provide guidance or help in biology or economics at A2 level so don't hesitate in asking :h:

Hey what did you get in Economics? :smile:
Reply 1318
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Hey what did you get in Economics? :smile:

I got an A, 7 ums off an A* :smile:
Original post by lilGem
I got an A, 7 ums off an A* :smile:

Nicee, might have to PM you every now and again :wink:

Latest