The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by abcd123456
Well obviously people discuss it as soon as the exam is finished to see what other people may have put and how others thought it went for them to get a rough indication on grade boundaries or sumak like that and i an assure u im not foolishly stupid. I found this post before the exam even started so shut ur mouth, and if u really knew me ud know im one of the last people ud b calling horrid or selfish so dont judge me before u know me and stop making general assumptions about people, theres no need for that either. me and the other person were just making a point, a suggestion it doesnt mean that u had to take it on board.

yeah ok, this thread is getting heated for nothing, really
come on its not worth doing this :P
I know this was quite a while ago but I was wondering about the grade boundaries? what were the grade boundaries last year for the overall gcse grade?
Man why am I still sub'd to this thread... xD
Grade Boundaries released June 2013:

English Literature Unit 1 (books): 52/68 A*, 44/68 A, 36/68 B, 28/68 C

English Literature Unit 2 (poetry): 39/54 A*, 32/54 A, 25/54 B, 18/54 C
How did everyone do with the different books and anthologies?
I did bad I got a D for this english literature is that gonna effect me in anyway?
Original post by Sandra1
I did bad I got a D for this english literature is that gonna effect me in anyway?
You should be okay with college/uni/job applications as most just ask for a C in Language.
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
How did everyone do with the different books and anthologies?

64/68 80/80 ums on Unit 1 OMAM and Inspector
66/80 UMS on Anthology.
Surprised on 64/68!
Original post by cleveradam
64/68 80/80 ums on Unit 1 OMAM and Inspector
66/80 UMS on Anthology.
Surprised on 64/68!
I did OMAM too, which Anthology did you do? :smile:
I did OMAM too, which Anthology did you do? :smile:

Relationships.
Original post by cleveradam
Relationships.

Ah, I did Conflict, it contained some beautiful poems.
Reply 2951
76/80 UMS in unit 1 (A*)
58/70 UMS in unit 2 (A).

Overall, I was graded at an A. My controlled assessements were marked down, unfortunately. I'm quite chuffed, as I remember being distracted by people in the exam, fidiling with pens and booklets. Putting that all behind me, I think I did my self justice (get it? -- Of Mice and Men question).
I somehow got full UMS in the whole GCSE, which surprised me. I knew my coursework was full marks, but was genuinely shocked that overall I got 200/200 UMS, especially as I thought I'd answered the OMAM question completely wrong.
B on the poetry paper C on the OMAM/An inspector calls. Decent considering I only answered one question on that paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2954
Full UMS marks in English Literature. 200/200(A*) :eek:
I thought I had got a B in the poetry exam.
So happy!
And I'm 4 marks off an A* in my Eng LANG exam, is it worth remarking?
I somehow got full UMS in the whole GCSE, which surprised me. I knew my coursework was full marks, but was genuinely shocked that overall I got 200/200 UMS, especially as I thought I'd answered the OMAM question completely wrong.

Original post by Avor
So happy!

Same here! :five: Are you guys doing it at A level? I might do it at degree but I'm not sure.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kavoi08
Anyone know what grade I'll get with these results? (They have been converted to UMS)
Unit 1H- 70/80 A
Unit 2H- 45/70 C
Unit 3- 40/50 A/B

:smile:

You got EXACTLY the same as me! I got a B overall but I'm so disappointed that I got an A on one unit and a C on another!

I was given my marks in UMS, how can I tell how close I was to the boundaries as I don't have the raw marks
(edited 10 years ago)
I got a B overall in Enhlish Lit (156/200) and only 4 more UMS for an A!Is it worth getting it re-marked?
Original post by Avor
So happy!

is that 4 raw marks or 4 ums?
Reply 2959
Original post by NinjaPandaa
is that 4 raw marks or 4 ums?

raw

Quick Reply

Latest