The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Nicee, might have to PM you every now and again :wink:

Go for it :h:
Reply 1321
Original post by Pandora.
Ah, fair enough. Nice subjects, there are a lot of scientists on this thread. :smile:

I have Maths and History homework to do. :redface: There's not too much, but it's difficult after the long break. Yeah, I've written a first draft of mine but I'll still need to do another soon. Which course is this for?

To be honest, I'm not completely sure what courses it was written for. It's a mixture of bio, chem and some physics, so it was sort of written for Natural Science course for Cambridge. (I fear I can't live up to the competition for Cambridge). I'm not sure what other courses or universities I'd apply to though..

All courses seem interesting, but they are all different in some way and I don't want to make a mistake of choosing something that I end up really not liking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1322
Original post by usycool1
Good to hear!

Charlie came back a few days ago, as did ElMoro and Cubic. :yep:

ElMoro and Charlie eh?

Blast from the past is an understatement.
Original post by Fas
actually don't think it'll be as bad as everyone says ! its different for me as i'm not retaking anything , but the actual A2 exams i reckon will be the same as AS except maybe the content will be more and/or harder to understand. i know this is the case with Maths next year ( not looking forward to C3 and C4 :frown: )

aye :frown: I understand you. A lot of the content of the subjects I'm taking for A2 is really mind boggling :confused:. It won't be as bad as everyone is thinking it might be, just have to put in a lot of hard work and dedication from the start I suppose. AND REVISE MORE. I was SO close to failing this year. good luck anyway with maths-I know that its extremely hard.
Original post by lilGem
For any newcomers to the thread, I posted regularly on last years and will happily provide guidance or help in biology or economics at A2 level so don't hesitate in asking :h:

Could i have some advice on my thread which i posted before, thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2440931
Original post by SophF_rth
yeah, I feel the same! But 2 years till uni sounds quite a while! What are you planning on doing on your gap year? :smile:

I'm just focussing on AS becuase I'm not going to do any of the A2 modules this year. If the Jan exams still existed I might have actually resat a couple full AS subjects! But it does get a bit complicated. :smile:

I might want to get an internship somewhere, work, and go abroad! :biggrin:

Great plan! :yep: Really hope you do well the second time round :smile:

Original post by Lucy96
Places like Madame Tussauds, the Natural History Museum, the London Dungeon, go on the London Eye, and I'm going to London Zoo as I have an adopted giraffe there :colondollar: Just sightseeing really :tongue:

Ooohh lovely! NHM is in a really posh area and it's next to the Science Museum and Royal Albert Hall, so you might want to check those place out too :smile: Imperial is there too. I'm actually going Central on Monday to visit The Shard :tongue:

Have fun! :yep:
Will one of you kind Y13s please explain to me how UCAS points work and translate to grades at AS and A2 as I have actually no idea :s-smilie:
Reply 1327
Original post by techno836
Will one of you kind Y13s please explain to me how UCAS points work and translate to grades at AS and A2 as I have actually no idea :s-smilie:

At AS your UCAS points are half of the same grade at A2 e.g. at AS an A is 60 points whereas at A2 it's 120.

On the UCAS website there is a tarriff explaining what points equate to what grades http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables
Original post by lilGem
At AS your UCAS points are half of the same grade at A2 e.g. at AS an A is 60 points whereas at A2 it's 120.

On the UCAS website there is a tarriff explaining what points equate to what grades http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

Thankyou :biggrin:
Reply 1329
Thankyou :biggrin:

It's okay :biggrin:

you wouldn't have to worry about points unless a university specifically states so, normally points are offered from lower ranking universities :yep:
Original post by lilGem
It's okay :biggrin:

you wouldn't have to worry about points unless a university specifically states so, normally points are offered from lower ranking universities :yep:

haha it's for a friend of mine who want's to do primary education :smile:
Reply 1331
haha it's for a friend of mine who want's to do primary education :smile:

oh fair enough :h: I have a friend starting primary ed this year :smile:
Original post by lilGem
oh fair enough :h: I have a friend starting primary ed this year :smile:

Where at? and what did she take? my friend wants to take Art double award and psychology/English so i'm not sure where will accept him etc as the Art might be BTEC :s-smilie:
Reply 1333
Where at? and what did she take? my friend wants to take Art double award and psychology/English so i'm not sure where will accept him etc as the Art might be BTEC :s-smilie:

Oxford Brookes, she took RS, Psychology and combined english :smile:
Original post by lilGem
Oxford Brookes, she took RS, Psychology and combined english :smile:

thanks :h: i'm trying to find some info for him whilst he's on holiday :lol:
Reply 1335
thanks :h: i'm trying to find some info for him whilst he's on holiday :lol:

It's okay :h:

Another one of my friends is now going into her final year at Winchester took history, biology and psychology I think :redface:
Original post by lilGem
It's okay :h:

Another one of my friends is now going into her final year at Winchester took history, biology and psychology I think :redface:

Okay :h: well it looks like a lot actually accept BTEC so they should accept a mix right? I'll just make sure he gets his head down and gets DD in his art! :lol:
Reply 1337
Okay :h: well it looks like a lot actually accept BTEC so they should accept a mix right? I'll just make sure he gets his head down and gets DD in his art! :lol:

good to hear :yep: and they should :smile:

Best of luck to him (and you!) :awesome:
Original post by lilGem
good to hear :yep: and they should :smile:

Best of luck to him (and you!) :awesome:

haha thanks :h:
Reply 1339
Original post by Pandora.
I'm kind of feeling the same right now. :frown:

What area are you thinking of?

I want to do biology because I've really enjoyed it this year and would love it study it at a higher level, but at the same time I can't bring myself to stop learning French and would love to live abroad for a year which you can do with a French degree. I could obviously combine them but I'm not sure what career prospects that would give me. :ashamed2:

How about you?

Latest