The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by calliper
Are 6a*s and 4a's good enough grades to get accepted into Oxbridge?

Yes, it's much more dependant on your A-levels and interview than your GCSEs and 6a*s is good
Original post by itsn0b0dy
What did you get the B in?

congrats!

Thanks!!!! congrats to u too!!!!
i got the B in Humanities but it was in year 9 so i didnt really revise for it!!
Original post by benwalters1996
for whichever on here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ltdjlob3otzm2u/K738cuFP3B

ryan said i was 6 marks off...not sure on which :/

6 marks off an A* or 6 marks of full marks? If the A*, then it is unit 1 (the exam). If not then it is probably Unit 2. I'm not that sure though. you're better off checking the website for more information (AQA grade boundaries). Hope I was of any help to you :smile: Congratulations again :smile:
Original post by meadhbh 3
yeah it was....until my knee popped out of it socket, but it only hurt for like 5 mins, but after we went and got chicken nuggets! so all and all successful night! lol! the ice cream shop was closed :frown: lol!

Yay! Sounds great! Schools wants me for photos tomorrow so no Portrush. :angry:
What a fantastic day. Go in to school to find I've got 9A*'s, 2A's and 2 Distinctions in ICT and BTEC Sport. All whilst spending the day with my girl and receiving many texts & calls of congratulations from relatives.

Incredibly happy :smile: Just got one here, hope TSR has had a good day of results from everyone!
Original post by bossun
Hi guys i got 2A*, 6As and 3Bs (the Bs are in Eng Lang& Lit). Do you guys think those grades are still strong enough for Medicine? I am not thinki ng of Oxbridge obviously. More like Barts and St-Georges kind of places. Please leave your opinion I:

Yep definitely :yep: Your AS grades matter more and your UKCAT probably will do too so make sure you nail those and you should easily obtain an interview :h:
Original post by The Room Student
What a fantastic day. Go in to school to find I've got 9A*'s, 2A's and 2 Distinctions in ICT and BTEC Sport. All whilst spending the day with my girl and receiving many texts & calls of congratulations from relatives.

Incredibly happy :smile: Just got one here, hope TSR has had a good day of results from everyone!

Well done :-) sounds like a good day... mine consists of a lot of takeaways :colone:
Original post by aasvogel

I had my photographs taken for the local newspaper, I look a total mong! By the way, what are your grades?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7688
I got a C for WJEC German Unit 1, but still got A* overall, because I got full UMS in units 2, 3 and 4 :s-smilie: not sure what happened, but turned out ok... gave me a scare seeing a C on the results slip though, considering I want to take German A-level next year
Reply 7689
Original post by Millerman
what dyou get?

I got an A* for business, hbu
Original post by aasvogel

Photos :rofl: .. I think i'm in one for the paper :s-smilie:

also I had to have mine taken. my exams officer said I did the best and I was the top student, then I had to have my picture taken and again with my family, not sure if it's for the paper or website though :lol:
Original post by techno836
Well done :-) sounds like a good day... mine consists of a lot of takeaways :colone:

Thank-you, it was :smile: How did you do? Haha oh yes, takeaways all round tonight! :wink:
Original post by The Room Student
Thank-you, it was :smile: How did you do? Haha oh yes, takeaways all round tonight! :wink:

I got 7A*s 3As and 5Bs with 100UMS in all science unit 3's and in B1 :woo:
Reply 7693
9A*s 1A and a distinction!!

400/400 in history
400/400 in chemistry and physics (394 in bio)
388/400 in geography

Got the A in english lit, but got 77/80 on the last exam so slightly annoying but can't complain :smile:

Happy but it's a shame they will all be irrelevant from now on
7A*s, 3A's, 2B's :biggrin:

Well done everyone!
I got 1A,2Bs,3Cs and 2Ds

But the 2ds are very confusing as one is geography and in unit 1 i got a c in year 10 but then in year 11 i started to improve and got a b in my mock and a A in my controlled assessment ( just one mark away from that star) me and my friend received the same mark but on her paper she got an A i got a D :,( i called edexcel and asked them what was my ums was and it was 31 when i scored 43 maybe it got mixed up because my name is never on exams lists sometimes and i was given different exam timetables:frown: I am really gutted because i wanted to do geography as an alevel and my teacher was so impressed with me i could not stop crying today because i have cf and i am really proud but that d that d :angry:
Original post by jjpneed
9A*s 1A and a distinction!!

400/400 in history
400/400 in chemistry and physics (394 in bio)
388/400 in geography

Got the A in english lit, but got 77/80 on the last exam so slightly annoying but can't complain :smile:

Happy but it's a shame they will all be irrelevant from now on

Well done!:biggrin:
how are you guys celebrating? if you are celebrating at all.
Hi guys, first of all I want to say congratulations on all of your results. It's crazy how well people have done! I couldn't believe it this morning to see my results. It was such a great feeling to see your teachers smiling and more importantly your family being so proud of you! The next step in the journey for me now is A levels and would love it if you guys could help me out! I'm thinking of doing medicine in Cardiff university. I'm taking Chemistry for A level but what shall I take with this, biology or physics? Is it also necessary to take maths? Thanks!
Original post by Its Andy
I had my photographs taken for the local newspaper, I look a total mong! By the way, what are your warning points for?

Haha, I've been in papers and all before, but this is gonna be like "Here's x... he got really high grades..." :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest