The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Didn't do as well as you'd hoped? Advice here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by sr234
Haha woops:colonhash: yh might be worth remarking history as it is likely to go up depending on the examiner! So maybe re take unit 7 , it's more likely to get u the a*- science marks don't change much:eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I will do that actually :biggrin: Thanks! But the only thing is that many uni's frown upon retakes, so I hope it won't lower my chances :s-smilie: I wish they didn't mark it harshly :frown: Examiners are meanies!
Reply 101
Original post by Squidgy
The Economics exam has like four 8/16 mark questions so like mini essays, do you think it's worth getting remarked? (I know things like Maths aren't because they have definitive answers but if it has long answer questions ... )
Then it is worth it I think :smile: Good luck for it :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1

It is very unlikely for your mark to drop by 10 raw marks in all honesty. Ask your teacher to see what he/she thinks. :smile:

ok thanks, it's just I had a*s in everything else so you know aha, also is it true if your mark goes up you get your money back?
Original post by usycool1

You can't request for your script back and then request a remark :no:

:cry:
I'm 1 mark of an A and 29 marks off dropping to a C. Should I just request a remark (I know the logical answer is yes, but I just need some reassurance- I'm moving sixth forms and my old IT Teacher may not be back by September)
Reply 104
After staying up until 4 am worrying about the GCSE Maths result, setting an alarm for 5:55 am... missing the alarm, waking up at 8 am... seeing a B as my result...seems like a dream.

Well done to everyone :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by NinjaPandaa
ok thanks, it's just I had a*s in everything else so you know aha, also is it true if your mark goes up you get your money back?

Pretty sure if you go up a grade they give you the money back (At least with AQA and OCR)
Original post by NinjaPandaa

Yes, but only if the grade changes I think.
I took Edexcel IGCSEs and got the following.

Biology - C# (only 3marks left for B) (# is because I missed out Paper 2)
Physics - A*
Chem - A*
Maths B - A*
Pure Maths - A (3 marks left for A*)
Human Bio -A (also only 3 marks left for A*)
Eng Lang B- B ( only 3 marks left for A)

I'm planning for a remark in English Language B as my predicted grade was an A*.

Do you think I should ask for remarks on Biology, Pure Maths and Human Biology? Or just a clerical check?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by iamlynchy
I really need help please!:smile: I got an A overall in maths and I was two marks off an A star so I might repeat one of the papers (CCEA T6) and also I was two marks off an A star in biology again by CCEA and in both english literature and language I was two marks off an A which papers do you recommend I repeat or get remarked? any help would be greatly appreciated plus I'm fourth year in Ireland going into fifth:smile: if that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your marks in T4 and T6?
I got 2A, 3B and 3C when I did my gcse's and got 5 offers all from top 10 universities, gcse's don't mean a thing after a level as long as you get a c in english and maths.
Reply 110
Original post by qwertyking
What were your marks in T4 and T6?

In T4 I got 162 and in T6 I got 196, if I had gotten 198 which was the grade boundary for the A star then overall I would've achieved an A star.
Reply 111
Original post by itsamberariamay

. Do you think I should ask for remarks on Biology, Pure Maths and Human Biology? Or just a clerical check?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't bother for any of these tbh - the sciences/maths are usually very accurately marked.
Reply 112
hey guys I got 9A*s and 1 A (in english lang) is it worth remarking my english lang? I did IGCSE English so I don't have a UMS score for it on my results sheet (how do i get my UMS mark??)
Reply 113
Original post by algorithm
Hello..
Firstly, I wanted to know if it's possible to get only certain subjects remarked, or must I get every single subject I took remarked as a whole?

I got 88, 87, 87, 90 in ICT, Economics, English Language, and English Lit respectively.. I also got 83 in Geography which is upsetting cuz I was so sure I would get higher than that :/

I know these are good results but I'm really really upset at the fact that I was so close to an A* - could've easily had 4 A*s rather than just one.

So if I get everything remarked (I did 8 subjects in total) it's not likely that the results could get worse, right? Cuz they are high As??

And is there a fee?

Thanks for any answers

OMG I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! I also could have gotten 4 A* instead of 1.5 :frown: I feel ya sista!
AQA History A - 1 mark off an A* - worth a remark? (I got 86/90 ums in the latest exam)

Edexcel PE FC - 2 marks off an A* - also worth a remark? (I got a B in the theory exam)

Reply 115
I did gcse two years ago and just found out now I was 1 mark away from an A in statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by purplechocolate
AQA History A - 1 mark off an A* - worth a remark? (I got 86/90 ums in the latest exam)

Edexcel PE FC - 2 marks off an A* - also worth a remark? (I got a B in the theory exam)

Definitely for History, as it is an interpretive subject. Not sure about PE, never done it - but if you're only 2 marks off i don't see why not.

Btw you just bumped a really old thread.
Edexcel History A Germany
I got my results today. I have done brilliantly on my history tests iv been getting B's and C's previously then today for unit 2 history A i get a E WTF and guess what i found out my friend getting As and A*s also gets a E this can;t be right what should i do get a remark or complain to teacher? or etc the test was really good and revised the booklet for it inside out and couldn't of done better and i felt it was the best exam i had done.
Original post by Kill3er
Definitely for History, as it is an interpretive subject. Not sure about PE, never done it - but if you're only 2 marks off i don't see why not.

Btw you just bumped a really old thread.

I know, I realise now but thanks for answering :smile:
Reply 119
So I am pleased with my result overall as I got 4A* ,11As and 1B
But I am seriously confused about English Language.

So basically it says provisional on my Exam sheet.
Apparently the AQA got our CA grade wrong which is now being sorted out.

I did my exam in January and got
UNIT 1: 89 UMS
UNIT 2: 47 UMS
UNIT 3: 110 UMS

which adds upto 246 UMS which would have been an A

Then I did a retake in the exam and unfortunately got lower this time and ended up with 82 UMS.
Which adds up to 239 UMS which is a B, the same on my exam sheet.

Did the AQA count my recent gcse or the higher one?
What should I do now?
I am really confused.
Sorry for making it so long but I seriously need help.

Quick Reply

Latest