The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Accommodation 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've just been offered for Godwin House, the Meadows.

Looking at the facebook pictures, the place looks great, though I'm still not quite sure what the difference is between town houses and the flats. Still thinking if I should appeal for a place in the courts. Any opinion?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 61
Got an offer for Eddington Tower. Although, I put the north towers as my first choices (but I think because I put cost as the reason for my choice of accommodation, they gave me south towers because it's cheaper).

Anyway, is it worth rejecting the offer in hope of getting my first choices or should I just go for Eddington?
Hey guys,
Anyone applying for accomodation in the Avon House? :smile:
Original post by Sir_Psycho
Got an offer for Eddington Tower. Although, I put the north towers as my first choices (but I think because I put cost as the reason for my choice of accommodation, they gave me south towers because it's cheaper).

Anyway, is it worth rejecting the offer in hope of getting my first choices or should I just go for Eddington?

Eddington is a good tower to be in and it's basically right next to the heart of the campus! What flat are you in?
Original post by rossoleone

Looking at the facebook pictures, the place looks great, though I'm still not quite sure what the difference is between town houses and the flats. Still thinking if I should appeal for a place in the courts. Any opinion?

They're off campus and slightly more expensive than courts but they do look very nice and the kitchens look massive so I'm assuming they'll be quite sociable. They're nearer than quays and I used to go past meadows on the way back from Tesco it's not that bad of a walk to be honest and a bus stop right outside.

If you want to save some money and time before lectures I'll say try and go for courts. If those things don't bother you then stick with Meadows. I really want to see what they're like and how the whole town house thing works.
Reply 65
Original post by Beebumble
They're off campus and slightly more expensive than courts but they do look very nice and the kitchens look massive so I'm assuming they'll be quite sociable. They're nearer than quays and I used to go past meadows on the way back from Tesco it's not that bad of a walk to be honest and a bus stop right outside.

If you want to save some money and time before lectures I'll say try and go for courts. If those things don't bother you then stick with Meadows. I really want to see what they're like and how the whole town house thing works.

I've just contacted accommodation. Apparently once an offer has been made there's no appeal or changing.

It's new, the pictures looks awesome, who knows it might turn out to be a blessing :wink:

So..anyone else from Godwin house?
Reply 66
Original post by JordanC55
Eddington is a good tower to be in and it's basically right next to the heart of the campus! What flat are you in?

EDD10/6 so that's flat 10 right?
Reply 67
GUYS. I've just accepted my offer to live in William Morris Towers WM4/7.

Now, I was under the impression that this meant I was on the 4th floor in flat number 7. But I'm starting to realise it could also mean flat number 4 on the 7th floor...

Can anyone please tell me which way around it is?
Original post by $amlet
GUYS. I've just accepted my offer to live in William Morris Towers WM4/7.

Now, I was under the impression that this meant I was on the 4th floor in flat number 7. But I'm starting to realise it could also mean flat number 4 on the 7th floor...

Can anyone please tell me which way around it is?

You were right first time, it's floor/flat number :smile:
Reply 69
Thankyou very much :smile:
Original post by Sir_Psycho
EDD10/6 so that's flat 10 right?

Yeah Eddington is good, there is someone on FB looking to get into the tower.
I've just contacted accommodation. Apparently once an offer has been made there's no appeal or changing.

It's new, the pictures looks awesome, who knows it might turn out to be a blessing :wink:

So..anyone else from Godwin house?

Ahh well at least you get a double bed!

I phoned up trying to change when I first got my accommodation because it was single sex. So glad they didn't let me now because I wouldn't have the friends I do now.
Reply 72
Hey, I'm in south courts from September, and I was just wondering if anybody knew When do we have to pay the deposit by?
Reply 73
Original post by BeccaCee
Hey, I'm in south courts from September, and I was just wondering if anybody knew When do we have to pay the deposit by?

I'm pretty sure you can pay it when you arrive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccaCee

I don't think Essex do deposits. At least they didn't last year. First months rent is usually due around October/November.
Reply 75
They asked me for a deposit on my housing to reserve a spot, although I suspect that's because I'm international. It was about 250 pounds.

Hey couls you give me the link to the Facebook page? I accepted an offer for Conway House in the Meadows and I have no idea what the place looks like!
Original post by DyanaRomero
Hey couls you give me the link to the Facebook page? I accepted an offer for Conway House in the Meadows and I have no idea what the place looks like!

https://www.facebook.com/EssexAccommodation/photos_stream
Reply 78
Hi everyone, congrats on getting in Essex. I'm going into my final year in Sept so feel free to ask me any questions & I'll happily answer them if I know the answer :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says not found D:

*sorry, I somehow got to it, thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending