The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananarama2
I was talking to one of the second years! Some of the rooms at Emma have been refurbished, but not mine. I may be pleasantly surprised who knows.

You might learn to love it, warts and all? I'm sure it'll be fine!
Girls - what are you wearing to matriculation? Ball gown? Casual dress (whatever that is)? Somewhere in between? I'm so confused! I don't know how formal it is!
Original post by hogwartian1993
Girls - what are you wearing to matriculation? Ball gown? Casual dress (whatever that is)? Somewhere in between? I'm so confused! I don't know how formal it is!

Dress to impress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hebbamundo
Dress to impress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People don't understand how hard it is being a girl and trying to find what to wear - boys just wear suits all the time, 'dress to impress' is also vague! :cry2::dontknow:
Reply 104

I think I'm going to need to go shopping because I don't own anything formal :zomg:

Dress to impress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Impress who? Because if I am trying to impress lecturers I will probably want to wear something different to what I would wear to impress boys :tongue:
Original post by Etoile
I think I'm going to need to go shopping because I don't own anything formal :zomg:

I know the feeling! All I have is a prom dress, which I'm pretty sure is far too over the top for a dinner...
People don't understand how hard it is being a girl and trying to find what to wear - boys just wear suits all the time, 'dress to impress' is also vague! :cry2::dontknow:

Emma says "Plain dark dress or suit with skirt or trousers with a white blouse and black shoes."

Hope that helps
Reply 107
I know the feeling! All I have is a prom dress, which I'm pretty sure is far too over the top for a dinner...

Same, plus our prom was in year 11 so mine is a bit tight in the bust now :lol: I don't know if I'd want to wear heels around cobbled floors either!

Emma says "Plain dark dress or suit with skirt or trousers with a white blouse and black shoes."

Hope that helps

Ok so the options are LBD or school uniform :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Ok so the options are LBD or school uniform :lol:

Well, at least it's not school uniform, full stop. :tongue:
Reply 109
Well, at least it's not school uniform, full stop. :tongue:

True, and at least it's not my old school uniform :nooo: (If you don't know how awful it was, stalk my photos)

Haha, true. I'll just wear a suit and look as fly as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Etoile

Impress who? Because if I am trying to impress lecturers I will probably want to wear something different to what I would wear to impress boys :tongue:

I think we'll get along.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Etoile
True, and at least it's not my old school uniform :nooo: (If you don't know how awful it was, stalk my photos)

Stalking commencing :tongue:
Reply 113
I think we'll get along.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? :lol:

Stalking commencing :tongue:

I don't think a worse uniform has existed :lol: And their results are worse than ever - 48% A*-C this year :lolwut:
Original post by Etoile

I don't think a worse uniform has existed :lol: And their results are worse than ever - 48% A*-C this year :lolwut:

Yeh. It's pretty terrible :tongue: Oh dear. My school haven't published the stats yet.
Reply 115
Yeh. It's pretty terrible :tongue: Oh dear. My school haven't published the stats yet.

It's the second story in our local newspaper, after "local man stabbed to death".
Original post by Etoile
It's the second story in our local newspaper, after "local man stabbed to death".

Well a story about swallows comes higher up than results in our local paper :tongue:
Original post by Etoile

Nice town.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118

To be fair, we haven't had anything like that for ages.

Well a story about swallows comes higher up than results in our local paper :tongue:

On the local news on tv, we get stories about tractors and things like that :lol:
Reply 119
Ok people, help me out please.

... I don't have a suit. Where I come from (Switzerland) suits are usually not required for school events and the like, so a lot of boys / men don't have one until much later. So anyway, I don't have one, and I'm pretty sure I need one at Cambridge.

Now... what to buy and where to buy it? Do you have any suggestions? It doesn't have to be the absolutely cheapest option, as I believe in spending a bit more in exchange for higher quality, or, in case of a suit, a better fit.

Also: which type would you recommend? Don't I actually need two, like a normal suit plus a dinner suit?

I know, this probably sounds incredibly daft to you, but I've really never worn one, nor has my father, so there's not a lot of 'suit knowledge' in the family, I'm afraid. ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending