The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
Anyone else's school not give them any UMS module scores whatsover? :s-smilie:
Original post by sophiamarni
yup but they can be irky about it like my lit i got a c then asked them to remark A* but im gonna pay for my geog D -.- im really gutted

Ohh i see :smile: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
God bless my astronomy examiner
Reply 7803
Original post by qr95
1377130556657.jpg

Me camping on school field waiting for results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was well worth it!
Does anyone here care about what anyone else thinks about their results (e.g. friends/teachers)? I hate that all my friends and teachers used to tell me that I was going to get all A*s and said I would overachieve, when in fact I underachieved. They used to all have high expectations of me and I can't believe I let them down.
Guys I have a quick question, on the results do you have numbers that go along the right hand side that have 58 for a* and 52 for a's what do these meanm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentro
You've probably misread something. The way it will always work for GCSEs is as follows:
90% UMS - A*
80% UMS - A
70% UMS - B
60% UMS - C
and so on.
Are you sure that it's out of 200 or that you got 172?

I looked at my grades now and yes it just says 172 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
7 a*s and 4 a's!!!!

Thank you to my chemistry and history teachers, for helping me through it all. :smile:

(and to every teacher at Ripon Grammar too)
Original post by AlecRobertson
Was anybody's mark for AQA Christianity and/or Christianity Ethics (Units 1 and 2) much lower than expected? I got an A in the mock and was predicted an A*, yet I got a C.

Yours sincerely,
Alec Robertson.

This is very urgent as I need to decide whether these should be re-marked!
Original post by ItsJussDee
I looked at my grades now and yes it just says 172 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it may be out of 250 so 225 is an A* 200 is an A 175 is B :h:
Reply 7810
can anyone help me with this question? can i enroll in a school then cancel if i change my mind?
hey guys I got 9A*s and 1 A (in english lang) firstly do you think that's good enough to do PPE at Oxford? Also is it worth remarking my english lang? I did IGCSE English so I don't have a UMS score for it on my results sheet (how do i get my UMS mark)
Original post by techno836
it may be out of 250 so 225 is an A* 200 is an A 175 is B :h:

But is Lit and Lang the same? As i got 202 for lang.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsJussDee
But is Lit and Lang the same? As i got 202 for lang.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm not sure but it doesn't have to be :h:
These were my results:

A - Maths
B - English
B - English literature
B - Science
B - Additional science
B - Business studies
B - PE (short)
C - ICT (short)
C - RE
C - History

I plan to study economics, English combined, geography and maths (for AS) this year in sixth form. Do my GCSE results reflect my options for a level? Are my GCSE results average or decent?
Why oh why did i do spanish, it was for the EBacc and wheres my recognition for passing all the subjects listed under the EBacc.
Original post by techno836
i'm not sure but it doesn't have to be :h:

I understand, thanks for the help tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
Why oh why did i do spanish, it was for the EBacc and wheres my recognition for passing all the subjects listed under the EBacc.

I feel your pain. I only got one C and it was German.
Reply 7818
Original post by ibbi1824
hey guys I got 9A*s and 1 A (in english lang) firstly do you think that's good enough to do PPE at Oxford? Also is it worth remarking my english lang? I did IGCSE English so I don't have a UMS score for it on my results sheet (how do i get my UMS mark)

hey I have no idea about the question you're asking but I got 9A*s and 3As and since we got similar results and you're looking into studying at oxford do you think I would actually stand a chance too? I never even imagined about Oxford or Cambridge!
Original post by theuser77
Guys I have a quick question, on the results do you have numbers that go along the right hand side that have 58 for a* and 52 for a's what do these meanm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Average point score, which 6th form use for admission. A* is 58, A is 52 and 46 is B, C is 40 and so on. Usually you need 40+ to get into 6th form. What did you get? I got 51. They add all the numbers and then divide it by the number of GCSEs you have (average). For example, you may need 45 to get into your 6th form.

Latest