The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theuser77
No it definitely is counted in the gcse score as ums wise I got 578 and in terms of ucas it is 140 points . Does this mean that unis will have to see this as 5a* gcse alongside my gcse results

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, an AS is just counted as an AS. Maybe it is the school's score? My friend did AS Maths early, but his sheet didn't have anything like that on it (st least I don't remember). But all I know is an AS is just an AS. It doesn't count towards your GCSE Results, even if you took it during your GCSEs. Do you get me?
Reply 7861
Original post by rugbybeast
Yeah I did :3 did you? Anyone else get the A^ in further maths aqa?

yeah. I wanted to know my raw marks though, but they don't tell you.. just says 58 points
Original post by paradoxicalme
9A* :biggrin: and full UMS in English Lit, which is what I plan to likely study at uni. Somehow managed to bamboozle the OCR music people into thinking my coursework was great, whilst getting Bs in the exams :tongue: Have spent entire day in a haze of fatigue and shock, got a (horrific) photo of me alongside the other 9A* people from my school (who all look gorgeous - curse my lack of photogenia), watched a lot of movies and ate a lot of junk food, and can barely remember half the things that have happened. Today is simultaneously one of the best and one of the most surreal days of my life...mainly due to that last night is the first all-nighter I've ever pulled :O

This sums up how I've felt today so well! Congratulations on the 9 A*s by the way!
Original post by techno836
Ask your exams officer :h: although hurry I believe there is a deadline for when they can be submitted :smile: get it for a priority remark and it should be back by September 10th :h:

Original post by theJdog
No, an AS is just counted as an AS. Maybe it is the school's score? My friend did AS Maths early, but his sheet didn't have anything like that on it (st least I don't remember). But all I know is an AS is just an AS. It doesn't count towards your GCSE Results, even if you took it during your GCSEs. Do you get me?

Yh but this isn't an AS its an A2 therefore it won't be counted in my uni offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snikutsmullac
You'll need pretty much straight A's at A-Level, and they're harder, so bear that in mind.

I want to do a degree in Pharmacy, but originally I did want to do medicine.

Yehh i know!i know what i did wrong with my gcse's (didnt start revision early enough)! so i've learnt my lesson nd know what i need to do for a levels!

Ahhh pharmacy's good!do u have any ideas on what uni u want to go to??
Original post by Obliviate
you can do either, but googling it is easier :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7867
Anyone else get a stupidly low grade for their Edexcel PE theory exam??
I'm not too bothered personally because although I got a B in the exam I got an A* overall, but I'm the only person in my year that got more than a C and some of my friends are really disappointed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplechocolate

If your school charges you I believe its £35 :h: .. my school allows one free remark (if the grade changes)
Predicted grades / Actual Grade:
English Lit: A* A
English Lang: A* A*
Maths: A* A*
Biology, Chemistry& Physics: A*A*A* AAA*
Geography: A* A
Art: A* A
RE: A* A*
German: A A*

Comments:
Before: I knew from the first week an A* in Art for me was impossible. If I get an A* in Maths it will be ridiculously close. It is impossible for me to get an A* in Physics due to me having to get 103% in the final unit... I think the others I may have achieved... just. Think I may have got an A* in German as I have been doing extra work as I wanted to show my teacher I could get an A* if I tried really hard.
After: ...How on earth did I get an A* in Physics?! Very happy with my German. Disappointed with my Geography as I got two A*s in the papers but my coursework dragged me down (considering in the mocks I got C's in both papers I'm very proud though). English Lit I am also disappointed, but got full marks in my coursework so again I'm proud.
However, I feel I can't really complain as I still did very well. Plus my friend got the first A* in Food Tech in our school for 15 years and is off to do a chef diploma. I feel like a proud parent!
:smile:
What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:
Biology, Chemistry, Decision Maths and English Literature

Did anyone manage an A* in AQA English Literature?
So, I got 4 marks away from an A in English language. I am more than happy with a B, but the only thing is in one of my English exams I got a D, the other I got an A (and in coursework I got an A) I just find it so strange that there's such a difference. The D is only one mark off a C, and since my whole grade is only four marks off an A, should I bother asking for a recount? I am happy with my grade, I just find it annoying to see such a difference between two exams and since it's English the results are known to move a bit since it's an essay subject, right?

And in Chemistry I'm 2 marks away from an A*, I am DEFINITELY very happy with my results, but should I try asking for a recount just that for any small chance I could end up sneaking in an A*? xD

Very happy with my grades though, just wondering what other people thought I should do, especially with my English ouo. Congrats on everyone today, it seems that loads of us on here are so happy with our results, commiserations to those who are not, but the grades were predicted to be messed up this year, so it might be down to the messed up system this year ;u;
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
x
Did anyone manage an A* in AQA English Literature?

Congratulations on your results! They are amazing! You should feel very proud :smile:

I got an A* in AQA English Lit. I hated the exam questions though!

Well done! :smile:
Original post by sophie97
Anyone else get a stupidly low grade for their Edexcel PE theory exam??
I'm not too bothered personally because although I got a B in the exam I got an A* overall, but I'm the only person in my year that got more than a C and some of my friends are really disappointed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got full marks in the coursework and a B in the exam - 56 ums! No-one in my year got an A* overall. Gutted:frown:
Original post by sr234
U got 10a*-c grades!! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I am feeling a little bit better about them haha, I've decided to retake the C's :smile:, you made me feel loads better!
Original post by Green Bubblegum
Don't worry , concentrate on alevels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'll try not to, I've got aim for 5A*s at A level! *fingers crossed*
Reply 7875
Original post by purplechocolate
I got full marks in the coursework and a B in the exam - 56 ums! No-one in my year got an A* overall. Gutted:frown:

Really?? I got 61 UMS with 120 UMS for the coursework so must've just scraped an A*. It's so strange!! I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the country went for a remark - you definitely should anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Miladrises
thank you I really appreciate that, what did you achieve?

I didn't do GCSEs. :tongue:
Original post by ghost_rebel
Yehh i know!i know what i did wrong with my gcse's (didnt start revision early enough)! so i've learnt my lesson nd know what i need to do for a levels!

Ahhh pharmacy's good!do u have any ideas on what uni u want to go to??

I want to stay close to home, and the two closest universities that do Pharmacy Degrees are UEA (Norwich) or De Monfort University (Leicester). What about you?
I would love to say well done to everyone individually but I don't know how to quote more than one person and I fear I would spam the whole thread :P
But congratulations to ALL of us! We all did great! I'm just bursting with happiness for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie97
Really?? I got 61 UMS with 120 UMS for the coursework so must've just scraped an A*. It's so strange!! I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the country went for a remark - you definitely should anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you reckon I should? I don't think PE can change much but then again the essay questions are subjective :confused:

Latest