The Student Room Group

French FN4 WJEC-Friday 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I absolutely bombed this exam. Three marks above a C grade when I was getting full marks UMS in the past papers is gutting. Just about scraped an A overall, so I'm off to my firm, but I was nearly twenty raw marks worse off than in the past papers :confused: I would be remarking the hell out of this if it mattered.
Managed to get a grade A overall, does anyone know the grade boundaries for the whole mark/ums... I got 339 so I just wondered how far I was into that grade. And also what is maximum mark for the oral? I got 77 which is an A but again I don't know how close I was from each boundary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I have found them on the Internet, nevermind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
I was two ums off an A*
how do you apply for a remark?>
Original post by bardsleyp
I was two ums off an A*
how do you apply for a remark?>

Heyy, I'm in the same boat as you (well one ums but basically) and there are two ways. You tell your teachers and they'll sort it out for you or you have to go to your exams office in which case you might have to pay for it yourself.
Reply 145
Original post by BaconEmperor
Heyy, I'm in the same boat as you (well one ums but basically) and there are two ways. You tell your teachers and they'll sort it out for you or you have to go to your exams office in which case you might have to pay for it yourself.

Im so annoyed! I bet you feel the same, its just so frustrating. I'm happy to pay myself, can I apply online?
Well done btw, :smile: you did really well, even though being so close is maddening `
Original post by bardsleyp
Im so annoyed! I bet you feel the same, its just so frustrating. I'm happy to pay myself, can I apply online?
Well done btw, :smile: you did really well, even though being so close is maddening `

It feels weird because I was worried I'd be in this position between a B and an A, but now that I'm so close to an A* I want it so bad :lol: You have to do it through your college/sixth form so if their website lets you then yeah but it's very likely you'll just have to go in yourself.
Thanks :smile: You obviously did fantastic too, let's hope we can both get a few extra marks on our essays :biggrin:
Reply 147
Original post by BaconEmperor
It feels weird because I was worried I'd be in this position between a B and an A, but now that I'm so close to an A* I want it so bad :lol: You have to do it through your college/sixth form so if their website lets you then yeah but it's very likely you'll just have to go in yourself.
Thanks :smile: You obviously did fantastic too, let's hope we can both get a few extra marks on our essays :biggrin:

Yes I really hope so!! My university place depends on this, I'm in year 12 and next year I need A*AA, counting on french
Keep me posted on how your re-mark goes!! good luck
Reply 148
anyone else feel like FN4 was a bitch? In all the practice papers, I was doing really well, come exam, I felt it went good, then results was a bog average grade! I put a lot of effort and time into it - it's just frustrating!

Sent it for a remark as well!
Reply 149
I sent my fn3 oral exam off for a remark because I'm only 2 marks off an A* overall. Anybody else having problems with their oral mark?
Wish I'd have done WJEC French! Seems so much nicer than AQA!
Original post by TLMag
I sent my fn3 oral exam off for a remark because I'm only 2 marks off an A* overall. Anybody else having problems with their oral mark?

I got quite a low oral mark, but that's probably because I'm crap at oral exams in general. It's the written exams that bug me. For FN2, I averaged about 83 in the past papers - got 73 in the exam; for FN4, I averaged 85 in the past papers and got 67 in the actual exam. Not happy with that one.
Reply 152
Original post by wrexhamfc
I got quite a low oral mark, but that's probably because I'm crap at oral exams in general. It's the written exams that bug me. For FN2, I averaged about 83 in the past papers - got 73 in the exam; for FN4, I averaged 85 in the past papers and got 67 in the actual exam. Not happy with that one.

What did you get for your oral fn3?? And what did you get overall?
I'm usually very good with orals, i.e getting comforable A*, in the real exam, i got 2 marks into an A...Very confused but sent it off for remark, so fingers crossed!
Original post by TLMag
What did you get for your oral fn3?? And what did you get overall?
I'm usually very good with orals, i.e getting comforable A*, in the real exam, i got 2 marks into an A...Very confused but sent it off for remark, so fingers crossed!

Overall, I scraped an A by the skin of my teeth with a low B at A2. I got 61 in the oral and 86 in FN4, which is a big letdown when I wanted an A*.
Reply 154
Overall, I scraped an A by the skin of my teeth with a low B at A2. I got 61 in the oral and 86 in FN4, which is a big letdown when I wanted an A*.

It's frustrating isn't it?! I'm 2 marks off! Are you thinking about getting your papers remarked?
Original post by TLMag
It's frustrating isn't it?! I'm 2 marks off! Are you thinking about getting your papers remarked?

Nah, no point. If they get marked down, then I miss an A altogether. Were it not for that, though, I probably would.
Reply 156
Nah, no point. If they get marked down, then I miss an A altogether. Were it not for that, though, I probably would.

Are you studying French at uni??
Original post by TLMag
Are you studying French at uni??

No, Physics mate, although I might take a module in a foreign language if I can. You?
Reply 158
No, Physics mate, although I might take a module in a foreign language if I can. You?

I am yeah, so I would love it, if the remark went up! =)
Hi! I'm not sure who will see/reply to this but I'm currently a 2nd year student doing French, and for the essay in the FN4 exam my class are doing La Haine. I enjoy watching the film but really don't enjoy analysing it! I'm struggling with trying to get the right ideas for certain themes. We have a mock sometime next week that includes an essay on La Haine, and we haven't analysed any of the film after the three boys leave Asterix's. It's the part I'm most anxious about as I was unfortunately absent when the class were given essay titles to practise and nobody in my class can be bothered to tell me what they were :confused:

I was just wondering if any of you had any notes on La Haine, or general tips/good phrases etc to write this essay?

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending