The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aasvogel
I just hope it's an okay message and the school don't make me out to be some snob all to get one-up on the other schools!

Haha yeah :lol: they could do that :rolleyes:
got an B in one but that d yup she got da d
Original post by goldenshades
1 mark away from B in History and 2 marks away from A in French - should I get a remark in both of them?

French isn't likely to change :s-smilie: but history is definitely ! go for it :h:
Original post by misha001

Could you help me as well

So I am pleased with my result overall as I got 4A* ,11As and 1B
But I am seriously confused about English Language.

So basically it says provisional on my Exam sheet.
Apparently the AQA got our CA grade wrong which is now being sorted out.

I did my exam in January and got
UNIT 1: 89 UMS
UNIT 2: 47 UMS
UNIT 3: 110 UMS

which adds upto 246 UMS which would have been an A

Then I did a retake in the exam and unfortunately got lower this time and ended up with 82 UMS.
Which adds up to 239 UMS which is a B, the same on my exam sheet.

Did the AQA count my recent gcse or the higher one?
What should I do now?
I am really confused.
Sorry for making it so long but I seriously need help.

Your best mark should be cashed in
i would go to your exams officer! - it should be an easy fix tbh

but i would stress your exams officer until they get it done .... stress your headteacher as well .... its your A you deserved it!

i would email them both now :biggrin:

Ryan
guys i am 11 UMS points away of getting a B in english...however i only need 4 more raw marks in one unit which makes 12 UMS points. Should i get a re mark ?
Original post by meadhbh 3
Aww... Sorry, but you will get there......someday!!! :frown: I have to go in for photos at my school too, but my schools in coleraine anyway so I don't have to miss my friends birthday party. But isn't it so cool we got chosen for photos because of our results I've been smiling all day! :smile: plus I'm thinking of changing my fourth choice for a level from theatre studies to geography so ill need to mention that tomorrow aswell :/ what did you get by the way? I got 6A*'s, 3A's and a B!

Oh which school are you at? I've met ones from the Coleraine school (name eludes me). Haha it's good like, but I've enough history with photos that I'd be happy without! They're gonna have an individual one of me as "top achiever" too. Yay.

Congrats on those results! I scraped, by 1 UMS, an A* in English Language, so I got 11A* overall. Really pleased. :smile:
Reply 7946
Apparently you can get a grade G ? I thought the lowest was F.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7947
Original post by goldenshades
1 mark away from B in History and 2 marks away from A in French - should I get a remark in both of them?

No just leave it you might end up getting grade U.
Ofc remark it...
If i re-take any module exams in june 2014,will unis see i re-took that module?
Reply 7949
Original post by ryanb97
Your best mark should be cashed in
i would go to your exams officer! - it should be an easy fix tbh

but i would stress your exams officer until they get it done .... stress your headteacher as well .... its your A you deserved it!

i would email them both now :biggrin:

Ryan

Oh okay
I will call my school tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your help.
Original post by techno836
Haha yeah :lol: they could do that :rolleyes:

They've done it enough. :lol:
guys i am 11 UMS ppoints away of getting a B in english...however i only need 4 more raw marks in one unit which makes 12 UMS points. Should i get a re mark ? help
Original post by ghost_rebel

They shouldn't care that much for GCSE's it would matter more if it was whole course :h:
Original post by phoenix ano
guys i am 11 UMS ppoints away of getting a B in english...however i only need 4 more raw marks in one unit which makes 12 UMS points. Should i get a re mark ? help

If it is the writing Unit I would definitely recommend it :h: but reading your less likely to get 4 marks I think :s-smilie:
Original post by ghost_rebel

yes....it will be certified in a different exam season
Original post by techno836
If it is the writing Unit I would definitely recommend it :h: but reading your less likely to get 4 marks I think :s-smilie:

it is writing mate
Original post by aasvogel
They've done it enough. :lol:

My primary school was a lot like that :lol: and my secondary school is really only bothered about one other school :lol:
Reply 7957
Hi everyone again

Iv been invited to something called enrolment probably because im going to get an award for my 50 A* ...getting the tent ready to camp outside college for enrolment day going to be a long night
Original post by phoenix ano
it is writing mate

Then yes definitely get it re-marked you never know :h: :crossedf:
Original post by qr95
No just leave it you might end up getting grade U.
Ofc remark it...
I'm only asking for opinions . . . thanks anyway :smile:

Latest